LA County handing out free pipes to smoke crack, meth, opioids: report

Frankenstein

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2022
Because what could go wrong

The Los Angeles County government is handing out free pipes for smoking crack, methamphetamine and opioids as a part of its effort to reduce drug overdoses, according to a report.

The pipes are being handed out along with clean needles and other supplies as part of the county's "harm reduction" effort, which also includes supplies aimed at avoiding and reversing an overdose. However, this effort is being met with opposition by some community leaders, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Manuel Campito, who runs a cleanup organization in Skid Row, Los Angeles, compared crack pipe giveaways to assisted suicide.

Now all they need are some free, reusable, environmentally friendly bags to carry all their stolen shit in.

county's "harm reduction" effort, which also includes supplies aimed at avoiding and reversing an overdose

So they are trying to help drug addicts not have harmful side effects from using drugs?

Isn't the better answer to be not to have dopeheads to begin with?

If you keep dopeheads, criminals, thugs and nutballs out of your society then you're society is better off.

I don't see how enabling and helping dopeheads be dopeheads helps anyone. It doesn't help them as individuals and it doesn't help the community.

Less crime and less drugs, I'd rather have that myself.

The Los Angeles County government is handing out free pipes for smoking crack, methamphetamine and opioids as a part of its effort to reduce drug overdoses, according to a report.

The pipes are being handed out along with clean needles and other supplies as part of the county's "harm reduction" effort, which also includes supplies aimed at avoiding and reversing an overdose. However, this effort is being met with opposition by some community leaders, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Manuel Campito, who runs a cleanup organization in Skid Row, Los Angeles, compared crack pipe giveaways to assisted suicide.
I fail to see how handing out crack pipes prevents overdosing. But, hey, I don't understand the left anyway.

Yanno..................I can see handing out clean needles, as that is definitely a health issue, and can help in the prevention of spreading blood borne diseases by helping to prevent people from sharing needles.

Handing out pipes? Not so much. People who smoke substances generally know how to make a pipe if the need arises.

Yep, I can verify that. I was down on Melrose working with one of Snoop's people, guy comes in and says look what I just got, and I go where'd you get it, he says 8th and Hill, right next to the dispensary - which is like 2 blocks from Skid Row. They even gave him one of those little brillo things for the crack stem. Your tax dollars at work.

I fail to see how this makes crackheads any healthier though.

Yep, I can verify that. I was down on Melrose working with one of Snoop's people, guy comes in and says look what I just got, and I go where'd you get it, he says 8th and Hill, right next to the dispensary - which is like 2 blocks from Skid Row. They even gave him one of those little brillo things for the crack stem. Your tax dollars at work.

I fail to see how this makes crackheads any healthier though.
It doesn't, maybe it keeps them from more serious crimes,:icon_rolleyes:

Now all they need are some free, reusable, environmentally friendly bags to carry all their stolen shit in.
Yeah. Half those idiots haven't gone green yet. Biden should have a word with them. In person. We can get someone to film it. :p

in a democrat led state you need to stay stoned while you are relaxing in a tent somewhere

Forum List

Back