L.A. Mayor:Fire Department too white.

I am so sick of liberals and their damn quotas. They see color FIRST and it matters way too much to them. When people put what really matters first, like qualifications, they are called racist by the left.

It's like the way Obama decided that a Hispanic woman must be on the Supreme Court. He decided what the skin color and gender would be before he went started to look for someone. Many qualified people weren't even considered because they were the wrong color.

I'd rather go by skills and integrity than anything else, but those narrow-minded idiots who only see skin color would disagree with me.

Last edited:
Nope, nothing "racist" there. Of course first you have to understand what racism is, which you obviously don't. :eusa_hand:

Well the nba and nfl is too black. Is that racist?

Nope.

Of course you don't say why they're "too black" so you really haven't said anything at all.

To many black athletes compared to the number of white athletes. We need affirmative action in the nba and nfl.

Kinda like the way liberals want to reduce the qualifications for women soldiers in the armed forces?

Except that isn't happening. But, whatever.

The qualifications were raised at first, to better train women who would be serving on the front lines. But after it was revealed that too many women wouldn't meet these new higher standards, they were returned to what they previously were until something better could be thought of. Oh, and it wasn't liberals. It was the DOD.

The misbegotten idea that racial make-up of companies, schools, workplaces, etc. must reflect that of the population at large is the second most stupid idea.

The first is that Islam is a religion of peace.

Wrong. The first is never get involved in a land war in Asia. Second is never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

To many black athletes compared to the number of white athletes. We need affirmative action in the nba and nfl.

Ah well now you're talking affirmative action -- not racism.

Affirmative action is racism.

Uh... no, it isn't.

Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another. That's why I pointed out to the OP that he doesn't know what the word means.

Affirmative action is a quota system that seeks to artificially generate a particular demographic. That makes no value judgement on race.

By the way I've been turned down for two jobs because of affirmative action. I knew the people that were hired over me; all three of us are the same race.
Figure that one out.

Uh... no, it isn't.

Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another. That's why I pointed out to the OP that he doesn't know what the word means.

Affirmative action is a quota system that seeks to artificially generate a particular demographic. That makes no value judgement on race.

By the way I've been turned down for two jobs because of affirmative action. I knew the people that were hired over me; all three of us are the same race.
Figure that one out.

Fair enough. I have a slightly different definition of the word "racism". For me, seeing someone as a skin color instead of character is racism. That's exactly what affirmative action does. Classifies people based on race instead of qualifications.

At one time that was the definition of the word, but it has expanded to mean pretty much anything where a minority doesn't get his way or feels offended. Don't give a black applicant a job for any reason? Racist. Tell an off color joke about Asians? Racist. Use niggardly in a sentence? Racist. Disagree with Obama's policies? Racist. Dislike the teachings of Islam? Racist.

Not unlike rape and terror, the word racist has been so overused and stretched to cover so many things that it really has no meaning because it has been so overused.

Uh... no, it isn't.

Figure that one out.

The exact definition of racism is controversial both because there is little scholarly agreement about the meaning of the concept "race", and because there is also little agreement about what does and does not constitute discrimination. Critics argue that the term is applied differentially, with a focus on such prejudices by whites, and defining mere observations of racial differences as racism.[3] Some definitions would have it that any assumption that a person's behavior would be influenced by their racial categorization is racist, regardless of whether the action is intentionally harmful or pejorative. In sociology and psychology,[4] some posit that racism is in effect 'prejudice plus power' and suggest that without the power dimension that racism would not be able to manifest as a cultural, institutional or social phenomenon.[5][6] Other definitions only include consciously malignant forms of discrimination.[7] Among the questions about how to define racism are the question of whether to include forms of discrimination that are unintentional, such as making assumptions about preferences or abilities of others based on racial stereotypes, whether to include symbolic or institutionalized forms of discrimination such as the circulation of ethnic stereotypes through the media, and whether to include the socio-political dynamics of social stratification that sometimes have a racial component. Some definitions of racism also include discriminatory behaviors and beliefs based on cultural, national, ethnic, caste, or religious stereotypes.

Racism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What a fucking racist thing to say :( The bastard should be lucky so many respectable hard working white men want to work hard.

Maybe he should encourage more Hispanics, Asians and blacks.

Maybe the unions are racist since that is what controls the fire department in that area.

This is why it matters when discussing the shortcomings of minorities in the food chain, and this is they always blame whitey. And this is why many of us who were asleep on these issues for decades have finally awoke.

This is also why multiculturalism is the greatest abomination and threat to a country's peace of mind.

Yea, before going out on a limb here, it probably would be wise to at least see how many applicants were minorities versus white and then look at all the reasons they ended up with so many white hires versus minorities. If it is strictly due to a situation where many more whites applied than minorities, then there is nothing to be upset about. If, on the other hand, whites only accounted for 25% of the applicants and yet 61% of whites were hired, then I would want to know exactly how that came about and whether any favoritism was shown toward white applicants.

While I do not support outright quotas, I do believe local government employees should somewhat represent the makeup of the community.

This is why it matters when discussing the shortcomings of minorities in the food chain, and this is they always blame whitey. And this is why many of us who were asleep on these issues for decades have finally awoke.

This is also why multiculturalism is the greatest abomination and threat to a country's peace of mind.

Yea, before going out on a limb here, it probably would be wise to at least see how many applicants were minorities versus white and then look at all the reasons they ended up with so many white hires versus minorities. If it is strictly due to a situation where many more whites applied than minorities, then there is nothing to be upset about. If, on the other hand, whites only accounted for 25% of the applicants and yet 61% of whites were hired, then I would want to know exactly how that came about and whether any favoritism was shown toward white applicants.

While I do not support outright quotas, I do believe local government employees should somewhat represent the makeup of the community.

Should. But if the local community doesn't want to get involved then the government shouldn't force it. They especially shouldn't be lowering standards of first responders just for the sake of diversity.

Uh... no, it isn't.

Figure that one out.

Fair enough. I have a slightly different definition of the word "racism". For me, seeing someone as a skin color instead of character is racism. That's exactly what affirmative action does. Classifies people based on race instead of qualifications.

Sort of, but again, I've been a victim of AA without race being involved as I just said, so even that's not accurate.

It does classify people on demographics rather than qualifications, and that's a stupid idea and always was. But it doesn't do so out of a belief that one race or one gender is superior to another.

It actually does the opposite--- I use this as an example to correct the "definition shift" of the word Liberal, which some like to conflate with the word "leftist", which is not the same thing: A Liberal says "all men are created equal"; a leftist tries to force that into play via affirmative action. That's what's happening here; not out of a belief that one race is superior, but out of a belief that the races are so equal, they have to be forced into artificial representation. That's not racism; it's the opposite. And it's unfair discrimination too. But it's clearly not "racism".

Forum List

Back