Kyle Rittenhouse: Teen's homicide trial for Kenosha shootings opens with jury selection

If Rittenhouse walks the extremists will be energized and reassured that they can start the shooting.
If Rittenhouse is punished then the extremeists will be enraged and will likely start shooting blacks on the streets.

There's no good outcome possible and the opportunity for the extreme right isn't going to be better.
Chauvin failed and the Rittenhouse opportunity doesn't come along often.

If a cop can't do it, then make out that a 'little boy' can. They won't pass up the opportunity this time.

I hope this Great American Patriot gets off scott free.
We havent seen a Patriot on this level since JWB. Thats saying something!
#FreeRittenhouse

Patriot my arse. He went there specifically to be a hero.
He killed two people and that has to be punished.
The lot of you racist Republican arseholes are cheering him on bec ause he killed two who you hated as lefties.
How sick are you nuts.

But the capitol riots was a peaceful protest by your measure to protect your own. You hypocrits.

If Rittenhouse walks the extremists will be energized and reassured that they can start the shooting.
If Rittenhouse is punished then the extremeists will be enraged and will likely start shooting blacks on the streets.

There's no good outcome possible and the opportunity for the extreme right isn't going to be better.
Chauvin failed and the Rittenhouse opportunity doesn't come along often.

If a cop can't do it, then make out that a 'little boy' can. They won't pass up the opportunity this time.
Holy Histrionics, Batman.

What do you think the commie left will do when he walks?

In the US, we do not punish people for exercising their right to self-defense.
The lot of you racist Republican..
There you go again, interjecting race into an issue where there is none.
It's almost as if you know you have nothing else.

Patriot my arse. He went there specifically to be a hero.
The lot of you racist Republican arseholes are cheering him on bec ause he killed two who you hated as lefties.
How sick are you nuts.

But the capitol riots was a peaceful protest by your measure to protect your own. You hypocrits.
And he became a hero ;)
Im not a republican. You have more in common with them than i do.
Yes, a pedophile was a leftist. Imagine that.
But im the nut, not the kid fucker. Wow.
You let a lot out in that post...

Kyle being a delinquent juvenile, he'll likely recieve a suspended sentence. Mor appropriate would be time spent in a mental institution. Kyle was obviously out looking for somebody to kill and he took the last step instead of following the example of his extreme right mentors.

But if Kyle walks, he will be America's hero, for lowering the bar on what the extreme right with guns can get away with.

Those consequences will be considered to be the major factor on how the law deals with Kyle. As it had to be of major importance in dealing with Chauvin.

All Americans of decency must turn to concentrating on preventing the bar to be further lowered on murder with guns.

Fascism is that close!
But the trains will run on time.

He will go to jail for murder so get over it.
Based on what I have seen, it was 100% self-defense, so kiss my ass.
Why would any rational person protect a spoilt brat like that except a Republican.
I am not a Republican, but you have failed to ask why Rittenhouse was running from others when they attacked him and tried to kill him. Spoiled brat or not, they had no right to kill him, as they attempted to do.

I am not a Republican, but you have failed to ask why Rittenhouse was running from others when they attacked him and tried to kill him. Spoiled brat or not, they had no right to kill him, as they attempted to do.

They happen to be those who you hate.
How convenient.
I hope the criminals in jail screw his little innocent butt out to football size.

The rioters had set a fire in a dumpster and rolled it through the front window of a store. Kyle put the fire out with a fire extinguisher. The crowd started screaming 'Get him". There are films of the whole thing. The world is a bit better for young men like Kyle Rittenhouse.

So, finally the trial starts..now we shall see...The Defense will be going for self-defense.or some sort of jury nullification...the Prosecutor will try to make him look like Tim McVeigh.
My take has always been that it's slam dunk legally for Man 1--easy to prove callous or reckless disregard resulting in a death..murder..nope..too hard to prove intent.

But at least its started~

Prosecutors say Rittenhouse's actions constituted criminal homicide, but his attorneys say he shot the men in self-defense. Wisconsin law requires when a self-defense claim is raised, prosecutors must disprove self-defense beyond a reasonable doubt -- a difficult obstacle for the state.
"It's a pretty substantial burden for the prosecution to do that and I think that's going to be where the real challenge for them lies," said John Gross, a clinical associate professor and the director of the Public Defender Project at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School.
Those chosen to sit on the jury will be tasked with assessing the reasonableness of Rittenhouse's actions that night.
"We want the jury to be a check on the power of the state and to enforce community norms," said Cecelia Klingele, an associate professor of law at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. "So when the law requires that force is used reasonably, we want our community to decide what is or isn't reasonable."
Thanks God he's not going to get an inner-city jury with a collective IQ of the average black a la OJ and Chauvin.

Forum List

Back