Ky. couple on house arrest after wife tests positive for coronavirus but refuses to sign quarantine order

The whole leaving for a hospital "emergency" part wasn't clarified in any article.
Because it doesn't need to be clarified. What do you imagine would happen if someone on house arrest had a life threatening emergency and went to the hospital? The police would stop the ambulance and take them back home? Throw them out of the hospital? It's house arrest, not Auschwitz. ;)

The whole leaving for a hospital "emergency" part wasn't clarified in any article.
Because it doesn't need to be clarified. What do you imagine would happen if someone on house arrest had a life threatening emergency and went to the hospital? The police would stop the ambulance and take them back home? Throw them out of the hospital? It's house arrest, not Auschwitz. ;)

There are tens of thousands of people who have quarantined themselves all without signing a paper .

There are tens of thousands of people who have quarantined themselves all without signing a paper .
Oh, way more than that.

And then we can ask ourselves how many people are going to avoid getting tested because of things like this?. .

She didn't have to get tested. She did to be on the safe side. Someone like that is going to then run around infecting others?

And then we can ask ourselves how many lives and jobs will be saved by this quarantine agreement, and how many more people will sign it instead of refusing to sign it.

Well since she tested voluntarily and was diagnosed with the virus, I would hope that the police would be notified. :)
But surely if she agreed to quarantine, why would Lojacking her be necessary? Missing a piece of the story here.

Uh oh, she's got a valid point.
"The ankle monitors the couple was ordered to wear will alert law enforcement if they travel more than 200 feet from their house.​

July 20, 2020, 12:45 PM PDT​
By Elisha Fieldstadt​
A Kentucky couple was placed on house arrest after one of them tested positive for coronavirus and refused to sign documents agreeing to quarantine at home.​
Elizabeth Linscott and her husband, Isaiah, displayed their ankle monitors on NBC affiliate WAVE last week. Linscott told the station that after testing positive for coronavirus and later refusing to sign a Self-isolation and Controlled Movement Agreed Order, the Hardin County Sheriff’s Department arrived at their Hardin County home with stay-at-home orders for her, Isaiah and their infant daughter.​
Elizabeth Linscott and her husband Isaiah are on house arrest after Elizabeth tested positive for COVID-19 and decided not to sign documents agreeing to self-quarantine.
Elizabeth Linscott and her husband Isaiah are on house arrest after Elizabeth tested positive for COVID-19 and decided not to sign documents agreeing to self-quarantine.WAVE3

”I open up the door and there’s like eight different people,” Isaiah said. “Five different cars and I’m like what the heck’s going on? This guy’s in a suit with a mask, it’s the health department guy and he has three different papers for us."​
The ankle monitors the couple was ordered to wear will alert law enforcement if they travel more than 200 feet from their house.​
Elizabeth Linscott said she got tested for COVID-19 so she could visit her parents in Michigan with less worry.​
But she tested positive, without symptoms, and she said the local health department asked her to sign documents that would stop her from traveling anywhere without calling the department first.​
She said she chose not to sign the documents because "if I have to go to the ER, if I have to go to the hospital, I’m not going to wait to get the approval to go."​
The couple said they did not refuse to self quarantine, and had planned to do so.​
”That’s exactly what the Director of the Public Health Department told the judge, that I was refusing to self-quarantine because of this and that was not the case at all. I never said that," Elizabeth Linscott said. “We didn’t rob a store, we didn’t steal something, we didn’t hit and run, we didn’t do anything wrong."​
The Linscotts told WAVE that they plan to get an attorney. Neither Elizabeth nor Isaiah Linscott responded to additional requests for comment.​
The Lincoln Trail District Health Department, which services the Hardin County Health Center, also did not immediately respond to a request for comment.​
In a statement, Hardin County Sheriff John Ward said the office "serves Court Orders from both Hardin Circuit and District Courts on a daily basis."​
A Kentucky courts spokeswoman said she could not comment on pending court cases."​
Ky. couple on house arrest after wife tests positive for coronavirus, refuses quarantine order
Hey, follow the rules, have no problems. If she steps out of line again, shoot a rubber bullet or tear gas canister in her eye!

Am I right, Trumptards?

I'm sure if the couple wants to join the BLM protests they can get a day pass from their house arrest...

Well since she tested voluntarily and was diagnosed with the virus, I would hope that the police would be notified. :)
But surely if she agreed to quarantine, why would Lojacking her be necessary? Missing a piece of the story here.
She didn't agree to quarantine. She refused to sign the agreement. And you are going to see more of these agreements in more States. Because we are a shithole country, now, that can't do what developed countries do to stop pandemics.

She didn't agree to quarantine. She refused to sign the agreement. And you are going to see more of these agreements in more States. Because we are a shithole country, now, that can't do what developed countries do to stop pandemics.

I'm not trying to start an argument here. She just got a positive on a voluntary test that she took for safety reasons. Why would she refuse to quarantine? The article states that she didn't want to sign the paper because she didn't want to have to call the state agency for a hall pass if she needed to go to the hospital. :) It just looks like a bit of an overreach here. As far as the covidiots who are preventing us from returning to some sort of normal by refusing to wear masks, social distance, not gather in large groups...I'm with you. Other countries do it without question for the common good. There is a large section of the population in this country that can't see the forest for the trees.

Why would she refuse to quarantine?
You mean, refuse to sign the agreement? Well, the first reason that pops to mind -- and the entire reason the agreement exists in the first place -- is that she will not actually quarantine herself for two weeks.

Overreach? Mandatory quarantines for infected people, in a deadly pandemic?

Uh oh, she's got a valid point.
"The ankle monitors the couple was ordered to wear will alert law enforcement if they travel more than 200 feet from their house.​

July 20, 2020, 12:45 PM PDT​
By Elisha Fieldstadt​
A Kentucky couple was placed on house arrest after one of them tested positive for coronavirus and refused to sign documents agreeing to quarantine at home.​
Elizabeth Linscott and her husband, Isaiah, displayed their ankle monitors on NBC affiliate WAVE last week. Linscott told the station that after testing positive for coronavirus and later refusing to sign a Self-isolation and Controlled Movement Agreed Order, the Hardin County Sheriff’s Department arrived at their Hardin County home with stay-at-home orders for her, Isaiah and their infant daughter.​
Elizabeth Linscott and her husband Isaiah are on house arrest after Elizabeth tested positive for COVID-19 and decided not to sign documents agreeing to self-quarantine.
Elizabeth Linscott and her husband Isaiah are on house arrest after Elizabeth tested positive for COVID-19 and decided not to sign documents agreeing to self-quarantine.WAVE3

”I open up the door and there’s like eight different people,” Isaiah said. “Five different cars and I’m like what the heck’s going on? This guy’s in a suit with a mask, it’s the health department guy and he has three different papers for us."​
The ankle monitors the couple was ordered to wear will alert law enforcement if they travel more than 200 feet from their house.​
Elizabeth Linscott said she got tested for COVID-19 so she could visit her parents in Michigan with less worry.​
But she tested positive, without symptoms, and she said the local health department asked her to sign documents that would stop her from traveling anywhere without calling the department first.​
She said she chose not to sign the documents because "if I have to go to the ER, if I have to go to the hospital, I’m not going to wait to get the approval to go."​
The couple said they did not refuse to self quarantine, and had planned to do so.​
”That’s exactly what the Director of the Public Health Department told the judge, that I was refusing to self-quarantine because of this and that was not the case at all. I never said that," Elizabeth Linscott said. “We didn’t rob a store, we didn’t steal something, we didn’t hit and run, we didn’t do anything wrong."​
The Linscotts told WAVE that they plan to get an attorney. Neither Elizabeth nor Isaiah Linscott responded to additional requests for comment.​
The Lincoln Trail District Health Department, which services the Hardin County Health Center, also did not immediately respond to a request for comment.​
In a statement, Hardin County Sheriff John Ward said the office "serves Court Orders from both Hardin Circuit and District Courts on a daily basis."​
A Kentucky courts spokeswoman said she could not comment on pending court cases."​
Ky. couple on house arrest after wife tests positive for coronavirus, refuses quarantine order
Sounds like the cops/health dept guys perjured it.

Greg

Forum List

Back