Kristi Noem slams Covid shutdowns, defends South Dakota's record at CPAC

"Potential 2024 presidential hopeful Gov. Kristi Noem defended South Dakota's record on the coronavirus, railing against lockdowns in a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Saturday.

In her lengthy address, Noem argued that government, not the pandemic, “crushed” the reeling U.S. economy."

I realize her kind of delusional blather scores well with the nutbars at CPAC, but the factual record matters to some of us. Though, admittedly, not those in attendance.

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (KELO) — The Sturgis Rally, an annual motorcycle rally in the Black Hills, was a coronavirus spreader and study of cases in Minnesota shows, a newly released report by the Centers for Disease Control says.

Repubs seemed to have a penchant for holding super spreader events while mocking COVID safety protocols. They are apparently oblivious to the idea such events were counter productive to their stated goal of re-opening the economy. Being in touch with reality not being their bailiwick.
ND is 38th in the nation in China Flu death rate, Stupid.

Thread fail.

SD has been a covid DISASTER

More cases per capita than NY and rapidly approaching more deaths than NY per capita.

And SD didn't have a day with more than 5 deaths until MONTHS into the pandemic

Why should Non Progs care about you?
I don't care if you care about me or not. What you should care about is the factual accuracy of my argument and the intellectual bankruptcy of yours. The economy was shut down because of COVID. Had it not been shut down by mandate the spread would have been much worse, leading to a non-mandated shutdown caused by people being afraid to leave their homes as COVID spread like wildfire. As it was, Repub resistance to COVID protocols made things worse.
Kalifornia shut down.

Florida didn't.

Florida did much better than Kalifornia.

Another fail by you.

More cases per capita than NY and rapidly approaching more deaths than NY per capita.

NY death rate: 2.85%
SD death rate: 1.65%

:oops8:

So CDC tracing of Covid strains shows that the strain originating in Europe which infected most of the people in the New York City area also was responsible for infecting most of the US...but you don't see the connection between the lockdowns by Cuomo causing wealthy New Yorkers to ride out the pandemic in other locations that WEREN'T locked down as tightly and the subsequent spread of the virus to other parts of the country?
Let me get this straight. You're blaming Cuomo for NewYorker's going to states like FL that were not following COVID protocols as tightly as they should have been? You have yet to prove most NewYorker's fled NY because of Cuomo's actions and not to get out of a densely populated area where COVID spreads more easily.
They fled NY because you couldn't DO anything in the city! Why would anyone stay in a city where you couldn't eat at a restaurant...stores were closed...gyms were closed...when you could go to places where you COULD sit down at a restaurant...shop at stores...go to the gym...

I know people with money left New York for Florida because I met them daily! I'm a golf professional here in Florida and our courses were packed with people all summer...something that I've never seen before in the twenty years I've lived here and the majority of them were from New York, New Jersey and Michigan! They were here because life was closer to normal.

You know what? Most of the ones I talked to were in no hurry to return to the way things were. If they can work remotely most of them said they wouldn't return to northern cities and have to deal with the high taxes, high crime, nasty commutes and shitty weather!

NY Deaths: 47,720
SD Deaths: 1886.

:oops8: :itsok:

"Potential 2024 presidential hopeful Gov. Kristi Noem defended South Dakota's record on the coronavirus, railing against lockdowns in a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Saturday.

In her lengthy address, Noem argued that government, not the pandemic, “crushed” the reeling U.S. economy."

I realize her kind of delusional blather scores well with the nutbars at CPAC, but the factual record matters to some of us. Though, admittedly, not those in attendance.

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (KELO) — The Sturgis Rally, an annual motorcycle rally in the Black Hills, was a coronavirus spreader and study of cases in Minnesota shows, a newly released report by the Centers for Disease Control says.

Repubs seemed to have a penchant for holding super spreader events while mocking COVID safety protocols. They are apparently oblivious to the idea such events were counter productive to their stated goal of re-opening the economy. Being in touch with reality not being their bailiwick.
I'm so in love with her........Trump/Noem 2024
One covid case linked to the rally. ONE. I LOVE HER. She has plenty of time. Her run for president in 2028 is a slam dunk.

If she can survive kamala harris using the agencies of the federal government as the gestapo....Noem would be a great first female President who is actually elected......

Do you know what "per capita" means stupid?

A Super-spreader event is a media invention.
Super-spreader events are a reality. Though I know how fond you folks are of denying it. Remember, it wasn't just the fact this was a large gathering of people. The other issue, really the primary one, is COVID protocols were not enforced.
If a bunch of nitwits want to get together for an event and infect each other with COVID I'm cool with that........as long as they never leave Sturgis. The problem being their idiotic behavior effects innocent people, in some cases lethally, they come in contact with after the event.

Yeah....wrong.......super spreader events were a lie....as each time we didn't have massive break outs after these events....you are an idiot... put your slave collar on and wait for the democrats to tell you what to do.

So CDC tracing of Covid strains shows that the strain originating in Europe which infected most of the people in the New York City area also was responsible for infecting most of the US...but you don't see the connection between the lockdowns by Cuomo causing wealthy New Yorkers to ride out the pandemic in other locations that WEREN'T locked down as tightly and the subsequent spread of the virus to other parts of the country?
Let me get this straight. You're blaming Cuomo for NewYorker's going to states like FL that were not following COVID protocols as tightly as they should have been? You have yet to prove most NewYorker's fled NY because of Cuomo's actions and not to get out of a densely populated area where COVID spreads more easily.
They fled NY because you couldn't DO anything in the city! Why would anyone stay in a city where you couldn't eat at a restaurant...stores were closed...gyms were closed...when you could go to places where you COULD sit down at a restaurant...shop at stores...go to the gym...

I know people with money left New York for Florida because I met them daily! I'm a golf professional here in Florida and our courses were packed with people all summer...something that I've never seen before in the twenty years I've lived here and the majority of them were from New York, New Jersey and Michigan! They were here because life was closer to normal.

You know what? Most of the ones I talked to were in no hurry to return to the way things were. If they can work remotely most of them said they wouldn't return to northern cities and have to deal with the high taxes, high crime, nasty commutes and shitty weather!
And those idiots brought the virus BACK to NY. Thanks

I would have thought that New Yorks main problem was the number of people flying in there from all over the world and then being released into the city straight away. Cuomo should have dealt with that as a priority..

He was too busy killing senior citizens in nursing homes and sexually harrassing his female staff members....

Do you know what "per capita" means stupid?
Yep. And it is meaningless. It what you morons try to deflect to when defending the disaster in N.Y..

Next?

did Cuomo tell you that?
Gotta link?

I'm so in love with her........Trump/Noem 2024
One covid case linked to the rally. ONE. I LOVE HER. She has plenty of time. Her run for president in 2028 is a slam dunk.

No...actually the virus originated in NYC and was spread to the rest of the country when New Yorkers left to get away from Cuomo's lockdowns! The CDC can track individual strains of the virus and the majority of the country was infected with the NYC/European strain...NOT the Washington State/ China strain! So thanks, Andrew Cuomo! Not only were you the man responsible for the deaths of thousands of New Yorkers in nursing homes...you're the idiot responsible for spreading Covid all over the US!

No...actually the virus originated in NYC and was spread to the rest of the country when New Yorkers left to get away from Cuomo's lockdowns! The CDC can track individual strains of the virus and the majority of the country was infected with the NYC/European strain...NOT the Washington State/ China strain! So thanks, Andrew Cuomo! Not only were you the man responsible for the deaths of thousands of New Yorkers in nursing homes...you're the idiot responsible for spreading Covid all over the US!
NY managed to avoid the summer surge by proper mitigation. Florida did not. They were "Open for Business" and it rolled across the country thanks to golf and Disney etc,

Forum List

Back