Korea crisis deepens

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
I think Australian navy should have joined US navy.

---

The head of all U.S. forces in the Pacific canceled a planned carrier exercise with the Australian navy and redirected the Carl Vinson carrier strike group to the waters off the Korean Peninsula as the U.S. weighs a series of limited options for dealing with an increasingly unbalanced and dangerous North Korean regime.

In a release Saturday afternoon, U.S. Pacific Command announced the cancellation and redeployment of Vinson. Announcing carrier movements in advance is rare, and generally done to send a clear message.

"Admiral Harry Harris, Commander, U.S. Pacific Command, has directed the Carl Vinson Strike Group to sail north and report on station in the Western Pacific Ocean after departing Singapore April 8," the release said.

“Carl Vinson Strike Group, including Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70), embarked Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 2, Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyers USS Wayne E. Meyer (DDG 108) and USS Michael Murphy (DDG 112), and Ticonderoga-class guided-missile cruiser USS Lake Champlain (CG 57), will operate in the Western Pacific rather than executing previously planned port visits to Australia.”

The release does not specifically mention North Korea, but two defense officials who spoke to Navy Times Sunday said the move is designed to send a message to North Korea and to increasingly nervous allies such as Japan and South Korea that the U.S. is ready to defend them.

“It’s designed to send a message to our allies and all the nations in the region,” one official said. “With Vinson comes a lot of options for leadership.”

Korea crisis deepens as the US dispatches the Carl Vinson strike group to the region

Does Australia know we sold N Korea nuclear reactors a mere two years before we placed them on an "axis of evil list? From company Rumsfeld had once sat on the board of directors of? In an utterly bipartisan effort/plan initiated under Clinton and completed under Bush?

The empire lives for war, we are still an economic colonizer on the face of the planet.

This is the modern day equivalent of the primitive adversary standing outside the encampment of the enemy and shaking his spear in the air while yelling insults. The response of the threatened camp is not terribly predictable when the Chief is a fucking loon, as they have in North K.

Dangerous stuff, all things considered.

Does Australia know we sold N Korea nuclear reactors a mere two years before we placed them on an "axis of evil list? From company Rumsfeld had once sat on the board of directors of? In an utterly bipartisan effort/plan initiated under Clinton and completed under Bush?

The empire lives for war, we are still an economic colonizer on the face of the planet.

The naval assets of US navy that are being directed towards Korean peninsula were initially scheduled to engage in a bilateral military exercise with Australian navy. I figured, instead of cancelling the exercise, the designated Australia naval assets should have joined the US navy and should have continued the exercise off the Korean peninsula.

The naval assets of US navy that are being directed towards Korean peninsula were initially scheduled to engage in a bilateral military exercise with Australian navy. I figured, instead of cancelling the exercise, the designated Australia naval assets should have joined the US navy and should have continued the exercise off the Korean peninsula.
American society is rather schizophrenic and it's penchant for war and empire are both unhealthy and evolutionarily unstable. Australia would be much better off avoiding these types of entaglements.

This is the modern day equivalent of the primitive adversary standing outside the encampment of the enemy and shaking his spear in the air while yelling insults. The response of the threatened camp is not terribly predictable when the Chief is a fucking loon, as they have in North K.

There is a school of thought that considers N Korea nothing but a proxy for China. Those who subscribe to this school of thought, maintain that China very cleverly uses N Korea to circumvent its NPT and CTBT obligations. So essentially, nuclear tests that N Korea carries out are nothing but the tests carried out on behalf of China.

I think President Trump subscribes to this school of thought.

There is a school of thought that considers N Korea nothing but a proxy for China. Those who subscribe to this school of thought, maintain that China very cleverly uses N Korea to circumvent its NPT and CTBT obligations. So essentially, nuclear tests that N Korea carries out are nothing but the tests carried out on behalf of China.

I think President Trump subscribes to this school of thought.
Well he sure ain't taking on China, too much Wall Street/"job creator" class money involved.

No navies.

China is too unpredictable.

Unless Trump extracted a nonintervention promise from Xi last week then anything floating on the surface is an easy target for Chinese air power.

No navies.

Unless Trump extracted a nonintervention promise from Xi last week then anything floating on the surface is an easy target for Chinese air power.
China is unpredictable? We elected Don, c'mon.

American society is rather schizophrenic and it's penchant for war and empire are both unhealthy and evolutionarily unstable. Australia would be much better off avoiding these types of entaglements.

I do not think the American society in general is a warmongering society. Keep in mind that Trump won this presidential election on a mandate that he will keep US away from wars in the Middle East.

I do not think the American society in general is a warmongering society. Keep in mind that Trump won this presidential election on a mandate that he will keep US away from wars in the Middle East.

The power structure certainly is, they don't give a fuck about anything Don said or the will of the people. War is business and this economy is not going back to some glorious yesteryear. The system will require a distraction for the masses.

Last edited:
No navies.

China is very predictable :) It is the N Korea which is very unpredictable.

N Korea does have a very large military. So in this regard, the war could be a bit more high intensity than what we have been seeing in the Middle East.

I hope this does not affect my Home value, Savings or job prospects. that is all. Back to TV to watch Katlyin does Malibu..........yee haw.

You need to get your facts straight-
Agreed Framework - Wikipedia

The Auzzies are not stupid.

They won't get near Chinese waters now.
Hopefully, but think about it; the US would like to use them as proxies in the same fashion that Israel uses us.

I doubt US will use a fellow white country like Australia as a proxy unless of course Israel decides to use Australia as its proxy through its another proxy, US :)

You need to get your facts straight-
Agreed Framework - Wikipedia

Um hmm.

The two faces of Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Company Sold Nuclear Weapon Equipment to North Korea

Rolling Blunder

http://nypost.com/2016/01/06/you-can-thank-jimmy-carter-and-bill-clinton-for-north-koreas-nukes/

Rumsfeld was on ABB board during deal with North Korea

I hope this does not affect my Home value, Savings or job prospects. that is all. Back to TV to watch Katlyin does Malibu..........yee haw.
Yup, that's exactly how we got to the place we are in american society.

You may find my disclosure a bit strange but here it is: I have developed a revulsion towards watching TV. I prefer spending my time reading or blogging or posting on the political forums.

Forum List

Back