KNBR 1050 Promotes Racist Jokes Against Jeremy Lin

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
BeyondChron: San Francisco's Alternative Online Daily News » KNBR 1050 Promotes Racist Jokes Against Jeremy Lin :cuckoo:

While most NBA fans are enjoying Linsanity and think the Knicks guard is off to a Lincredible start, Jeremy Lin’s success has given new opportunities for racist sports talk hosts to make fun of Asian-Americans. On the February 15 Nick and Artie show which runs weekday nights on San Francisco’s KNBR’s 1050, the host was urging listeners to call in with the most racist joke about Lin and Asian-Americans they could think of. He offered a “joke” about Lin having to do Carmelo Anthony’s laundry as an example of what he was looking for. KNBR, which prides itself as “The Sports Leader,” seems to be aspiring to the title of “Racist Sports Leader.” It raises questions why station owner Cumulus Media thinks it's funny to racially slur Asian-Americans.
<more>

I have a simple rule.... if a program offends me..... I don't listen to it. If a Station sponsors things I find offensive I quit listening to that Station.

By the way? If a sports figure is famous they pay the price of that fame with stuff like this. And unless I hear the individual complain I assume they are ok with it.

Forum List

Back