Kill Bill

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
This one of the first movies I've ever seen that i was actually worn out after seeing it. It's more or less just one 2hour long action sequence, and by the end I was just having a sensory overload. But, I will say that it was great.

The story is simple. The Bride (Uma Thurman) is double-crossed on her wedding day by the group she works for, the Deadly Viper Assassins. The film opens with her, pregnant and beaten within an inch of her life, begging Bill, the groups leader, not to kill her. She is shot (very graphically) in the head and left for dead. However she survives, and four years later wakes up from a coma with little more on her mind than killing the five people responsible.

After that, it's little more than some backstory on the assassins, and extended action sequences as she carries out her goal.

For anyone who said this looked a lot like 'Charlie's Angels', this couldn't be further from the truth. THis is easily the goriest movie I've ever seen, surpassing even the gorefest horror movies I like. After a while, the gore becomes almost surreal. Among the things shown in very graphic detail are the aforementioned gunshot to the head, an eye being ripped from its socket, a beheading, a disembowelment, a lower lip being ripped off, and no less than thirty arms and legs being severed from their bodies via samurai sword. Despite all the mayhem, it's not that disturbing because most of it's done in an over the top manner, like the old martial arts movies that this is a tribute to. Still, I have no clue how they got an R rating with all the gore in this.

Basically, if you like kung fu movies, you'll like this, if you just like good action movies, you'll like this. I give it four stars.

Did you bring in a camcorder with you and tape it for us?

Sounds good, Dan! I'll wait for the DVD though as I hate going to the theaters anymore.

I cannot imagine how low this country is going to sink that this movie will gross the kind of money it will and the actors and director will make the kind of money they will. Meanwhile, the people who contribute something positive to our society make so little.

Count me out!

Ouch!

I'll be the first to admit that this (along with everything else Tarantino's done) isn't contributing too much to society, but it's still mindless, silly fun. Should kids see it? Of course not. But for adults, it's a neat, original movie that'll hold their attention for a couple hours.

But, you're right when you say those who actually contribute something make so little. That's the way it's always been, it's sad but true.

Didn't Tarantino do Pulp Fiction?

If so, I think he DID contribute to society! That scene where the chick had the foot long needle jabbed into her heart? I can tell you I won't be doing heroin any time soon! That was one of the most powerful anti drug messages I've ever seen. :p

I can say, without hesitation, that it is the best movie that I have seen this year. The man is a genius.
If you are anything like me, you are going to leave the theatre wanting only one thing - Kill Bill Volume Two.

Forum List

Back