Kids and guns:dont ignore this aspect of the discussion

barb did you miss where i mention trigger locks? if you have a trigger lock the weapon is impossible to fire..now after my son was around 12 and had his own shotgun...i saw no need to continue with the trigger locks...kids learn about guns here early....they learn its not a video game..that you shot someone they fucking die...

now as for your concern about what goes on in my home..fuck yourself....its my castle..my moat...my kidlet....my guns....

barb did you miss where i mention trigger locks? if you have a trigger lock the weapon is impossible to fire..now after my son was around 12 and had his own shotgun...i saw no need to continue with the trigger locks...kids learn about guns here early....they learn its not a video game..that you shot someone they fucking die...

now as for your concern about what goes on in my home..fuck yourself....its my castle..my moat...my kidlet....my guns....

Go fuck myself? :eusa_eh: It was a general question of equivalent dangers, Bones, and the commonsense precautions taken towards them.

Hi,
now I have only been using the forum for a few days, but have already noticed a pattern: People deserve to have their gun no matter what you could possibly say in opposition.

One part of this discussion that needs to stop being ignored is the role of children and accidents with guns.

Not all the debate about guns should center around self defense and protection!

According to the RAND coorporation, in 2000, only 39% of gun-owners with kids kept their guns locked (with one or more mechanism) and kept the bullets locked in a seperate place.

According to the same study, 13 percent of gun owners with children, stored their gun(s) either loaded, or with ammo nearby, also unlocked.

Those 13% of homes that have improper storage Allows 2.6 MILLION KIDS access to either a loaded gun, or an unlocked gun with ammo stored beside it.

This translates into the following grim statistic:

According to the center for disease control, in 2005 every 9 hours a child (0-19 years old) was killed by a gun ACCDENT or SUICIDE. (I am wondering how many more accidents there were that only resulted in injury or the death of another)

Fortunately, this incidents can be corrected by regulation and education, so you don't have to lay down your arms to correct this issue.

Less then a 1000 PEOPLE a year die due to gun accidents. As for suicide, no gun, they use another method.

200 MILLION guns and only 1000 die a year, wanna do the math on that? Hell recently it has been around 800.

Yup.
Stats quoted on "children death from guns" includes 16 year old gang bangers shooting each other.
Having a gun in the house is much less likely to result in a child's death than having a swimming pool. Or household cleaners.
Let's make a common sense regulation and require all household cleaners to be locked in a secure closet. Yeah, that's the ticket. The IRS can enforce it.
Most of my guns are around the house loaded. I have 3 kids. Never had a problem.

i never keep a loaded handgun....or loaded gun for that matter...i grew up in a home where my father always had a gun within reach...i didnt realize this wasnt the norm till i was in my 20's...i do personally know anyone who had lost a child to guns in their home...guns are one of the many dangers i taught my child about.

We are a free people (well not sure these days) so there will always be the idiots in life that do not respect gun ownership and the responsibilities of owning one, however to force laws on everyone for the idiots I think is wrong. If you want to be a bad parent or kill yourself, that is on you, it isn't the Governments job to save you from yourself.

I too live deep in the bubba nation, and police response time is 16 minutes...you bet I am locked and loaded!

That is the stance I take with Europeans who whine at me about "your country and its obsession with having guns". I explain, usually politely, that members of my family live over an hour away from any police support. They are entitled to defend themselves and feed themselves. And then I tell them to mind their own fucking business and they are welcome to never set foot in my country if they don't want to. Europeans are quite arrogant like that... they always think they're way is best.... and so, apparently, does our POTUS.

Respectfully, I suggest that anyone who dislikes our gun laws can fuck off and live elsewhere.

Forum List

Back