Keep Your Email Address Fairly Current at USMB...

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
When folks lose their password or you change browsers and have been relying on the old browser to REMEMBER your user name and password -- you'll be locked out of USMB if you haven't updated your registration email since Compuserve or AOL days..

Be surprised how many members have NO IDEA what email they registered with.. But think of the embarrassment having to come back and paw thru the REMAINING names and lose your entire community identity with being FishKill983 because all the other great names are taken... :rolleyes:

We can only get you "back in" if you can ACCESS the original email addy that you registered with ---- UNLESS ---

You go to your Profile and make SURE your current email on file is one that is currently in use by you... Think it's under "account details"... Dont lose your USMB identity and all those useful Xenforo Trophies that you've worked hard to get..

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Be surprised how many members have NO IDEA what email they registered with.. But think of the embarrassment having to come back and paw thru the REMAINING names and lose your entire community identity with being FishKill983 because all the other great names are taken... :rolleyes:

Oh, so YOU were FishKill :1peleas:

Just one of my MANY sock accounts..

Yeah, flaccid, calgon and tenndonitis....

What you say is obvious but too many don't pay attention until it is too late.

I have had to change my e-mail one already since I got here. At another forum, I was lucky a few weeks ago that being a Moderator there which is why the owner tolerated my temporary new registration titled Losttommy, got back in as the famous sunsettommy, but the forum a couple days later once again dropped my password, thus log in impossible, that is when I gave up since it has done it several times.

They lost a moderator and long time member, since 2007.

Last edited:

I have had to change my e-mail one already since I got here. At another forum, I was lucky a few weeks ago that being a Moderator there which is why the owner tolerated my temporary new registration titled Losttommy, got back in as the famous sunsettommy, but the forum a couple days later once again dropped my password, thus log in impossible, that is when I gave up since it has done it several times.

You caught me.. Calgon was a very successful sock.. AND my favorite brand of Bubble Bath.. :laughing0301: Moderation didn't catch me for weeks !!!!

Hate when that happens to long time members and they do also.. I AM FlaCalTenn.. I can't BE anyone else. Lucky the demand for that is tiny..

But all jokes aside, USMB has NEVER recycled a User Name in however many years -- even after changing apps and major overhauls... And with all the abandoned accounts, banned members, and STTAB (inside joke) using up 131 names trying to get back in here -- I imagine the name-picking for new members is getting a bit difficult...

SO KIDS -- Don't get locked out of here... Ya HEAR me?????

You caught me.. Calgon was a very successful sock.. AND my favorite brand of Bubble Bath.. :laughing0301: Moderation didn't catch me for weeks !!!!

Hate when that happens to long time members and they do also.. I AM FlaCalTenn.. I can't BE anyone else. Lucky the demand for that is tiny..

But all jokes aside, USMB has NEVER recycled a User Name in however many years -- even after changing apps and major overhauls... And with all the abandoned accounts, banned members, and STTAB (inside joke) using up 131 names trying to get back in here -- I imagine the name-picking for new members is getting a bit difficult...

Do you mean that my old compuserve email of [email protected] should be updated? I ain't saying I'm old but.......

Do you mean that my old compuserve email of [email protected] should be updated? I ain't saying I'm old but.......
You still using that e-mail today?

Can't ding you for hanging on to Compuserve. Because I went "independent" as a consultant about 25 yrs ago -- I've hung on those business emails with Earthlink even today..

I finally got half-assed smart and started writing down my info for every board in a notebook after dealing with such crap several times. It's easy to forget passwords and I don't use email much at all so would I forget my my email passwords as well, or some moron would try and hack it and Google or some other tard service would block the account and I wouldn't remember the 'questions' thingy or backup account they started requiring. Pain in the ass.

I finally got half-assed smart and started writing down my info for every board in a notebook after dealing with such crap several times. It's easy to forget passwords and I don't use email much at all so would I forget my my email passwords as well, or some moron would try and hack it and Google or some other tard service would block the account and I wouldn't remember the 'questions' thingy or backup account they started requiring. Pain in the ass.

I had to do that with some of my online bill paying accounts that have gotten over the top with their minimum password requirements. I think on one of them the minimum is at least 14 characters with at least one number, one symbol, and one uppercase letter and then they still have to text you the code. I mean if you really want to pay my car insurance, feel free......

I need to change the email address associated with this account. How would I go about doing that.
I am dumping my cable company and am updating all my accounts.

Good move. Under your User Profile go to Account Details. Right up there under your UserName is "Email Account" -- click change and follow directions.

Easy.. Wouldn't want to have u settle for JoeB232 instead as a new User Name. LOL..

I'm glad I opened this old thread. The email addie I had under my account was so old I had long forgotten it.

I'm now up to date. Thanks for the reminder.

New Topics

Forum List

Back