Katie Couric Doesn't Challenge Theme of Iran’s 'Holocaust Conference’

red states rule

May 30, 2006
The liberal media is becoming more unhinged with each passing day

Now Ms Couric, host the lowest rated network evening news , did not challenge the "conference" asking if the Holocaust really happened

I wonder how the Perky one would react if a white man held a conference to discuss if slavery actually happened in America

Posted by Noel Sheppard on December 12, 2006 - 15:57.
A very bizarre “conference” convened in Iran yesterday, hosted by despicable despot Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who called together some of the world’s foremost anti-Semites to debate whether the systematic mass murder of millions of Jews took place during World War II. Maybe even more astounding, as the CBS “Evening News” reported on this event, neither anchor Katie Couric, nor correspondent Elizabeth Palmer, chose to take issue with the theme of this conference. Couric began:

Iran's president is no friend of Israel or the Jewish people. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has called for the destruction of the Jewish state, and he's called the Holocaust a myth. Today he convened a conference to debate that issue, whether there actually was a Holocaust. How does Iran's Jewish community live in such an atmosphere? From Tehran tonight, here's Elizabeth Palmer.

Amazing. Now, given that the Holocaust ended more than sixty years ago, and well before most Americans were born, wouldn’t it have been appropriate to give some background to the viewers, and to make it clear just how well-documented an event in history this is? By not doing so, Couric almost suggested to the viewer that such a debate is warranted, and that the Holocaust might, as Ahmadinejad proclaims, just be a myth.

As Palmer got into her report on how Jews get along in Iran, she stated, “Iran's hard-line president has denied Hitler's Holocaust and said Israel should be wiped off the map.” Yet, she too never actually addressed the millions of Jews that had been slaughtered, nor did she try to counter the assertions of Ahmadinejad. In fact, the only contrary view on this issue came as Palmer quoted from a letter written by the head of Tehran’s Jewish community to Ahmadinejad stating, “The Holocaust is not a legend.”

Amazing. By contrast, the NBC “Nightly News” showed some spine as Brian Williams introduced the segment Monday evening: “An unusual gathering got under way today in Tehran in Iran where those who question and even outright deny that the Nazi Holocaust ever took place are getting together to discuss their theories on whether six million Jews really were killed by Hitler's followers. Our report on this tonight from our chief foreign affairs correspondent Andrea Mitchell.” Mitchell was also up to the task:

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who has long called the Holocaust a myth, organized today's conference, challenging one of history's most documented events. An estimated 11 million people, including six million Jews, were exterminated in Nazi death camps, but even the gas chambers were denied in Tehran today where they claimed Holocaust pictures were altered. The fringe group included white supremacist David Duke, who praised Iran's president for his courage.

The piece then continued to throw water all over this disgraceful conference. Pay attention, Katie:

MITCHELL: Germany long ago acknowledged its guilt. So how can Iran deny it happened?

Mr. STUART EIZENSTAT (Former Treasury Official): If they can in effect deny or denigrate the Holocaust, then they can delegitimize Israel.

MITCHELL: Why has Ahmadinejad seized on the Holocaust? Experts say he is trying to incite radical Shiites around the world against Israel, all part of consolidating his power at home, where today in a rare protest, some students tried to disrupt a speech he gave with firecrackers and burning his pictures. But to rebut Tehran, the Simon Wiesenthal Center organized a video conversation of survivors.

Ms. FANYA HELLER (Holocaust Survivor): I have seen rape, murder, pillaging. And what's happening now in Iran, I think, it's inexcusable.

MITCHELL: Bearing witness to what they suffered, no matter how often it is denied. Andrea Mitchell, NBC News, Washington.

Now that’s how this conference should be covered, and its theme totally discredited. Anything less by a member of the American media is disgraceful.

That said, a fabulous piece on this issue was published by the American Thinker Tuesday that is highly recommended. Author Marc Sheppard wisely concluded:

By convincing the world that the Jews have perpetrated such a horrific hoax upon them, the modern neo-Nazis believe that they can restore the tarnished reputation of their heroes while demonizing their victims. They are all too aware that time is on their side, as passing years see a decrease in the number of survivors and an increase in the number of revisionists.

Hitler's guiltless targets were scattered throughout Europe. This forced him to round them up and either coerce them to dig their own graves prior to mass-execution, or dispatch them to camps created for that purpose and no other. Ahmadinejad's dream of a Judenfrei Mideast requires no such expansion, as he sees the Jews already ghettoized in a little country called Israel.

If he can convince the world that the Jewish State's very existence is based upon a lie, then perhaps he believes he'll be forgiven for rectifying that mistake.

I couldn’t have said it any better.

http://newsbusters.org/node/9617

The liberal media is becoming more unhinged with each passing day

Now Ms Couric, host the lowest rated network evening news , did not challenge the "conference" asking if the Holocaust really happened

I wonder how the Perky one would react if a white man held a conference to discuss if slavery actually happened in America

Posted by Noel Sheppard on December 12, 2006 - 15:57.
A very bizarre “conference” convened in Iran yesterday, hosted by despicable despot Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who called together some of the world’s foremost anti-Semites to debate whether the systematic mass murder of millions of Jews took place during World War II. Maybe even more astounding, as the CBS “Evening News” reported on this event, neither anchor Katie Couric, nor correspondent Elizabeth Palmer, chose to take issue with the theme of this conference. Couric began:

Iran's president is no friend of Israel or the Jewish people. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has called for the destruction of the Jewish state, and he's called the Holocaust a myth. Today he convened a conference to debate that issue, whether there actually was a Holocaust. How does Iran's Jewish community live in such an atmosphere? From Tehran tonight, here's Elizabeth Palmer.

Amazing. Now, given that the Holocaust ended more than sixty years ago, and well before most Americans were born, wouldn’t it have been appropriate to give some background to the viewers, and to make it clear just how well-documented an event in history this is? By not doing so, Couric almost suggested to the viewer that such a debate is warranted, and that the Holocaust might, as Ahmadinejad proclaims, just be a myth.

As Palmer got into her report on how Jews get along in Iran, she stated, “Iran's hard-line president has denied Hitler's Holocaust and said Israel should be wiped off the map.” Yet, she too never actually addressed the millions of Jews that had been slaughtered, nor did she try to counter the assertions of Ahmadinejad. In fact, the only contrary view on this issue came as Palmer quoted from a letter written by the head of Tehran’s Jewish community to Ahmadinejad stating, “The Holocaust is not a legend.”

Amazing. By contrast, the NBC “Nightly News” showed some spine as Brian Williams introduced the segment Monday evening: “An unusual gathering got under way today in Tehran in Iran where those who question and even outright deny that the Nazi Holocaust ever took place are getting together to discuss their theories on whether six million Jews really were killed by Hitler's followers. Our report on this tonight from our chief foreign affairs correspondent Andrea Mitchell.” Mitchell was also up to the task:

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who has long called the Holocaust a myth, organized today's conference, challenging one of history's most documented events. An estimated 11 million people, including six million Jews, were exterminated in Nazi death camps, but even the gas chambers were denied in Tehran today where they claimed Holocaust pictures were altered. The fringe group included white supremacist David Duke, who praised Iran's president for his courage.

The piece then continued to throw water all over this disgraceful conference. Pay attention, Katie:

MITCHELL: Germany long ago acknowledged its guilt. So how can Iran deny it happened?

Mr. STUART EIZENSTAT (Former Treasury Official): If they can in effect deny or denigrate the Holocaust, then they can delegitimize Israel.

MITCHELL: Why has Ahmadinejad seized on the Holocaust? Experts say he is trying to incite radical Shiites around the world against Israel, all part of consolidating his power at home, where today in a rare protest, some students tried to disrupt a speech he gave with firecrackers and burning his pictures. But to rebut Tehran, the Simon Wiesenthal Center organized a video conversation of survivors.

Ms. FANYA HELLER (Holocaust Survivor): I have seen rape, murder, pillaging. And what's happening now in Iran, I think, it's inexcusable.

MITCHELL: Bearing witness to what they suffered, no matter how often it is denied. Andrea Mitchell, NBC News, Washington.

Now that’s how this conference should be covered, and its theme totally discredited. Anything less by a member of the American media is disgraceful.

That said, a fabulous piece on this issue was published by the American Thinker Tuesday that is highly recommended. Author Marc Sheppard wisely concluded:

By convincing the world that the Jews have perpetrated such a horrific hoax upon them, the modern neo-Nazis believe that they can restore the tarnished reputation of their heroes while demonizing their victims. They are all too aware that time is on their side, as passing years see a decrease in the number of survivors and an increase in the number of revisionists.

Hitler's guiltless targets were scattered throughout Europe. This forced him to round them up and either coerce them to dig their own graves prior to mass-execution, or dispatch them to camps created for that purpose and no other. Ahmadinejad's dream of a Judenfrei Mideast requires no such expansion, as he sees the Jews already ghettoized in a little country called Israel.

If he can convince the world that the Jewish State's very existence is based upon a lie, then perhaps he believes he'll be forgiven for rectifying that mistake.

I couldn’t have said it any better.

http://newsbusters.org/node/9617

First of all, I've felt for sometime, that the Jew's do protest too much about how the world treats them. From the beginning of time, thru the Holocaust, to the present time.

Its like they "invite" the abuse that comes their way, what's that called, a Martyr syndrome?

However, given that, the President of Iran is, without a doubt, criminally insane, and the longer he is allowed, by the Iraians to remain as President, the more the world will fine themselves in "harms way".

A quick look at the "guess list" should give an indication of the "loonies", that this type of idiot attracts.

Maybe NOW would be a good time to nuke that country, hmmmmm.:plane:

First of all, I've felt for sometime, that the Jew's do protest too much about how the world treats them. From the beginning of time, thru the Holocaust, to the present time.

Its like they "invite" the abuse that comes their way, what's that called, a Martyr syndrome?

However, given that, the President of Iran is, without a doubt, criminally insane, and the longer he is allowed, by the Iraians to remain as President, the more the world will fine themselves in "harms way".

A quick look at the "guess list" should give an indication of the "loonies", that this type of idiot attracts.

I wouldn't really agree on that comment because: The jews did have at least 4 million of it's people smoked in WWII although it is quoted as saying that over 6 million people lost lives in WWII but that was other groups not in the Hitler design. Next the Jewish community is very qualified at being good providers and they raise there children to be as such. So when I look at this I see a group of people that have been challenged since the beginning of time and have prevailed. So if I were Jewish I might not worry so much living here in our country, but say living in Israel I might wonder my fate on a daily basis. See most of us including the blacks have no real idea about being threatened on a daily basis, so if they want to rant about the holocaust let them they don't want us to forget, because if we do they'll be doomed but others who want to rid the world of there very excistance. And with regards to Iran and it's looney government I'm sure that the US has told the Jewish nation to leave them be for now. But one day we may not have that power to prevent them from whooping some persian ass.

I wouldn't really agree on that comment because: The jews did have at least 4 million of it's people smoked in WWII although it is quoted as saying that over 6 million people lost lives in WWII but that was other groups not in the Hitler design. Next the Jewish community is very qualified at being good providers and they raise there children to be as such. So when I look at this I see a group of people that have been challenged since the beginning of time and have prevailed. So if I were Jewish I might not worry so much living here in our country, but say living in Israel I might wonder my fate on a daily basis. See most of us including the blacks have no real idea about being threatened on a daily basis, so if they want to rant about the holocaust let them they don't want us to forget, because if we do they'll be doomed but others who want to rid the world of there very excistance. And with regards to Iran and it's looney government I'm sure that the US has told the Jewish nation to leave them be for now. But one day we may not have that power to prevent them from whooping some persian ass.

It isn't such a worry in this country. But it is why we tend to be vigilant when we see things going too far to the left or too far to the right. We tend to do better in moderate societies where there's tolerance.

Was eleven million altogether that Hitler kiilled....six million Jews, but 5 million Catholics, gays, gypsies and others. No one is immune from that kind of insane, methodical hatred.

The problem with this "conference", if one can call it that, is the Germans were extraordinary at record-keeping. They documented everything they did.

It isn't such a worry in this country. But it is why we tend to be vigilant when we see things going too far to the left or too far to the right. We tend to do better in moderate societies where there's tolerance.

Was eleven million altogether that Hitler kiilled....six million Jews, but 5 million Catholics, gays, gypsies and others. No one is immune from that kind of insane, methodical hatred.

The problem with this "conference", if one can call it that, is the Germans were extraordinary at record-keeping. They documented everything they did.

Yes I visited the Holocaust Museum and I saw the details the germans used. Very interesting at first until I started seeing the outcome. I actually had to ask myself would I have survived or been spared? See my first and last name is recognized as German names especially my first name. But I'm Irish and a mix at that so not pure. The other thing I'd say about the Jewish culture is we as Americans don't really understand them because they speak our language and they don't all have the orthodox look so unless we've have had inner action with the Jewish culture we are lost. They do in my opinion have a sub-culture all there own which is understandable. I believe if us gentiles understood more of the culture than those stereo types wouldn't be like they are. I could be wrong but it has been my limited experience that when I have treated my boss with respect he's give me the world in return. No one gentile boss or person ever treated me so unconditionally. And never have forgotten that either.

Yes I visited the Holocaust Museum and I saw the details the germans used. Very interesting at first until I started seeing the outcome. I actually had to ask myself would I have survived or been spared? See my first and last name is recognized as German names especially my first name. But I'm Irish and a mix at that so not pure. The other thing I'd say about the Jewish culture is we as Americans don't really understand them because they speak our language and they don't all have the orthodox look so unless we've have had inner action with the Jewish culture we are lost. They do in my opinion have a sub-culture all there own which is understandable. I believe if us gentiles understood more of the culture than those stereo types wouldn't be like they are. I could be wrong but it has been my limited experience that when I have treated my boss with respect he's give me the world in return. No one gentile boss or person ever treated me so unconditionally. And never have forgotten that either.

I haven't been to the Holocaust Museum here yet. I think my boy is old enough now to go. What really sucks is having your kid find out there are peope who hate him so much for being born that they'd want him dead. I did get to go to Yad Vashem, though, the Holocaust Museum in Israel. Seeing the Neuremberg Laws on the original paper was other-worldly.

I think understanding is probably good for all cultures. We tend not to want to kill each other when we can humanize each other. It's that type of subtle de-humanization that allows us to first not care about another group and then to allow them to die... and then to actively kill them ourselves. It's how Hitler did it in Germany. That's why he designated Jews as verminsckeit (sp?).

Truth is, no one who was overtly sympathetic was spared, "pure" or not.

I'm really glad your experience was such a good one. I wish I could say that would be the case with every Jew you met, but like every other group, we have our gems and our lumps of coal. Cool that you got a gem. My boss, who I love, looks like Santa Claus an has the map of Ireland on his face. Heh!

we have our gems and our lumps of coal. Cool that you got a gem. QUOTE]

Well this is true in all races. I guess what bothered me most is how I'd be put into a social group by my job or education. I hated that and would commonly say I was a trash man or sewage treatment operator, or hack (cabby) just to snub those who felt so superior to me. Once they found out I was a stand up gent then those profiled positions were removed. I also found that many of the men who were in the military service or who had not been given wealth early in life were the most honest and down to earth. Many of the women repulsed me because of the attitude they held. Again like you said gems and lumps of coal because not all were princesses and these are things I had to learn over time and I mostly over look those types and just move on.

Did someone mention Catie as perky? I bet she is hating life about now!

90K posts:

Did someone mention Catie as perky? I bet she is hating life about now!

I doubt it, what with her multi-million dollar contract, and being the lead anchor on one of the "Big-Three" networks. I'd say she's swimming in it, thank you very much. Yea, boo hoo...:cry:

Jews "invite" the abuse?

Jews are the most persecuted group of people in the history of man

The part I don't understand is why didn't we embrace the idea? Call Iran's bluff and just send a bunch of REAL historians over there to participate and let them eviscerate the Holocaust Deniers.

The evidence of the Holocaust is overwhelming (heck...people are still walking around with Auschwitz tattoos...and the Nazi records of the crimes were meticulous).

It would have been a good chance to show the Middle East the truth...all while doing it at Iran's conference (which we all know was created to find out that the killing of Jews didn't happen or was exaggerated).

I think we missed a chance to score a diplomatic and international propaganda victory...

I say, play their game...then beat them at it.

The part I don't understand is why didn't we embrace the idea? Call Iran's bluff and just send a bunch of REAL historians over there to participate and let them eviscerate the Holocaust Deniers.

The evidence of the Holocaust is overwhelming (heck...people are still walking around with Auschwitz tattoos...and the Nazi records of the crimes were meticulous).

It would have been a good chance to show the Middle East the truth...all while doing it at Iran's conference (which we all know was created to find out that the killing of Jews didn't happen or was exaggerated).

I think we missed a chance to score a diplomatic and international propaganda victory...

Why watse out time to talking to these nitwits?

The world is asleep at the switch and is letting these nuts put out their crap, thumb their nose at the world, and allowing them to get nukes. They want the US and Israel wiped off the face of the Earth

You don't REALLY believe the truth would ever get past the doors of the conference, do you? You can only "beat them at their own game" on a level playing field.

You don't REALLY believe the truth would ever get past the doors of the conference, do you? You can only "beat them at their own game" on a level playing field.

Or with a dozen Daisy Cutters dropped on their ass

It would be like arguing a case from a conservative perspective where Jillian and BullyPulpit, et al, are the judge and jury. Jury nullification if you don't toe their agenda.

It would be like arguing a case from a conservative perspective where Jillian and BullyPulpit, et al, are the judge and jury. Jury nullification if you don't toe their agenda.

Why do some people insist we sit down and talk to people who want to kill us?

These bastards actually believe if they kill Americans and Jews they will have 77 virgins waiting for them after they die

Why do some people insist we sit down and talk to people who want to kill us?

These bastards actually believe if they kill Americans and Jews they will have 77 virgins waiting for them after they die

I'm all for talking with them, but in secret diplomatic venues. I'm sure that's done all the time. What the libs want is open meetings where America can be put on trial.

BTW I believe 72 is the magic number. Athough its a big lie anyway.

New Topics

Forum List

Back