Karzai Contemplating Taliban Over Obama's Government

Now they're conducting a "Drug War" over there too. The Afghan People don't want that and never asked for that. In fact the American People never asked for that either. That was never discussed as being a part of the original mission. Karzai is right to be P*ssed. The British & Americans have over-stepped with their constant meddling. They're leaving the guy no choice but to push back. He also may have more support for this than the British & Americans think. Enough is enough. We can't micromanage every nation.

They are interdicting the opium trade because it's the main source of financing for the insurgency.

It's a legitimate tactical move. To equate it to our "War On Drugs" is apples and footballs.

I think we should spend next years GDP on rebuilding Detroit, who's in? Let's get really stupid. ;)

When Bush showed up, the Afghans slaughtered all of the Arabs, and the Taliban ran for the hills. Now, the Taliban are back thanks to Obama's drug war and corrupt government alternative for the Afghans. I figure the Arabs will be moving back soon too. Thanks Obama.

Your ignorance of this issue couldn't be any more profound.

If you care to educate yourself, read Ghost Wars.

Oh, this might surprise you, but the Taliban have been in Afghanistan since the mid-90s. George Bush didn't scare them out of the country.

We hit them hard at Anaconda, they slipped away and have been conducting cross border operations ever since.

Cross border? They are firmly back in Afghanistan ewe idiot. Why are we in Afghanistan?

When Bush showed up, the Afghans slaughtered all of the Arabs, and the Taliban ran for the hills. Now, the Taliban are back thanks to Obama's drug war and corrupt government alternative for the Afghans. I figure the Arabs will be moving back soon too. Thanks Obama.

Oh, this might surprise you, but the Taliban have been in Afghanistan since the mid-90s. George Bush didn't scare them out of the country.

We hit them hard at Anaconda, they slipped away and have been conducting cross border operations ever since.
Unless we plan on starting a war with pakistan, they will never lose.

The Pakistanis created the Taliban and still back it.

Why must the Obama scrotum bathers punish us with huge heaps of dung for a response?

;)

I agree. The Taliban remains viable because the ISI-D protects them.

I don't think we should go to war with Pakistan, and I was under the impression that we had exceeded our shelf life there in 2005. I think we've done all we can militarily over there.

That being said, most of the points being made on here are just asinine tit-for-tat "I am going to bitch about Afghanistan under Obama because the liberals bitched when Bush was in office" bullshit.

Why must the Obama scrotum bathers punish us with huge heaps of dung for a response?

;)

Because we try to do more than troll threads we obviously have no interest in participating in?

It's okay, you've already demonstrated that you know nothing about Afghanistan. I wouldn't expect your contributions to be anything but worthless at this point.

Cross border? They are firmly back in Afghanistan ewe idiot. Why are we in Afghanistan?

They are not "firmly" back in Afghanistan. They remain in the country as they always have since we got there.

We entered Afghanistan to dismantle the Taliban and AQ.

I agree that, at this point, we have no good end-state and that is problematic.

Now they're conducting a "Drug War" over there too. The Afghan People don't want that and never asked for that. In fact the American People never asked for that either. That was never discussed as being a part of the original mission. Karzai is right to be P*ssed. The British & Americans have over-stepped with their constant meddling. They're leaving the guy no choice but to push back. He also may have more support for this than the British & Americans think. Enough is enough. We can't micromanage every nation.

They are interdicting the opium trade because it's the main source of financing for the insurgency.

It's a legitimate tactical move. To equate it to our "War On Drugs" is apples and footballs.

The Opium Trade is the main source of financing for many people in Afghanistan and has been for hundreds of years. This was true long long before there was an Al Qaeda & Taliban. It's part of their culture & history. We just don't have the right to tell them what they can or can't grow. If people around the World want to use opium than so be it. This is not the poor Afghan farmers' fault. If people in the West want to get high then that's the West's problem. They should deal with their own people on that issue.

Kicking down poor farmers' doors and destroying their crops is not a legitimate tactical move in my opinion. In fact it only results in the opposite effect. The Afghan People don't want this "Drug War" and never asked for it. This was also never part of the original mission either. They should just end their "Drug War" immediately. That could help mend some wounds with the Afghan People. I hope they start listening. They're losing the Afghan People.

Here comes some four year old trying to educate the grown ups, and trying to act like he is somebody.

Amusing.

Ya, Obama going to kick the living snot out of South America next. It all makes sense for these neocommunists.

How would our American Citizen Farmers feel if the Afghans came to their country and began telling them what they can & can't grow? I'm pretty sure our American farmers would be pretty damn outraged and offended. The Afghan "Drug War" is stupid and our soldiers should have never been ordered to take part in it. That was not the original mission over there. When will they learn?

Can we send more DEA to go fight this drug war in Afghanistan? Wicked smaht thinking. How's the drug war going in Mexico? Pretty good huh?

What's changed again?

;)

Oh no, the drug war has been an enormous success. The Afghan people hate us, and our kids want out of there. Democrats playing at tough guy is like pretending Obama doesn't throw like a girl. Gee, almost reminds me of Democrat Lyndon Johnson throwing millions of kids at a Vietnam they created, and then quitting.

Hauntingly familiar.

I think he just told Obama... "GO FUCK YOURSELF"

Wow... this is the new era in foreign policy? Snubbing the Israeli PM, the British PM, Sarkozi, pissing off the Afghanistani leader... good job!

I agree. The Taliban remains viable because the ISI-D protects them.

I don't think we should go to war with Pakistan, and I was under the impression that we had exceeded our shelf life there in 2005. I think we've done all we can militarily over there.

That being said, most of the points being made on here are just asinine tit-for-tat "I am going to bitch about Afghanistan under Obama because the liberals bitched when Bush was in office" bullshit.

There is no 'good war', both Iraq and Afghanistan were pointless for different reasons.

People have to solve their own problems, unless we intend to kill them in large numbers they will not admit defeat and the drip-drab nature of the war goes on forever, its the afghan way.

Forum List

Back