Kanye was right about Taylor swift ;-)

When did Kayne West ever criticize Taylor Swift's singing chops? :confused:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4xWU8o2cvA&feature=related]Kanye West ruins Taylor Swift's VMA Moment 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

I missed the part where he said or implied any criticism of her singing chops, let alone anything that comes close to suggesting she can't carry a tune. Which she can't, by the way, but Kayne never said so as far as I can tell.

It is implied by his claim she did not win the award on her own.

When did Kayne West ever criticize Taylor Swift's singing chops? :confused:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4xWU8o2cvA&feature=related]Kanye West ruins Taylor Swift's VMA Moment 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

I missed the part where he said or implied any criticism of her singing chops, let alone anything that comes close to suggesting she can't carry a tune. Which she can't, by the way, but Kayne never said so as far as I can tell.

He stole her moment, saying Beyonce was the best. Just because he isn't a fan of her style or whatever, he should have had class enough to shut up!

If he did no wrong, why apologize? :lol:

"I’m sooooo sorry to Taylor Swift and her fans and her mom [Andrea]. I spoke to her mother right after and she said the same thing my mother would’ve said. She is very talented! I like the lyrics about being a cheerleader and she’s in the bleachers! …………………… I’m in the wrong for going on stage and taking away from her moment!…………….. Beyonce’s video was the best of this decade!!! I’m sorry to my fans if I let you guys down!!!!! I’m sorry to my friends at MTV. I will apologize to Taylor 2mrw. Welcome to the real world!!!! Everybody wanna booooo me but I’m a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin’ the show at the cribe right now cause…. Well you know!!!! I’m still happy for Taylor!!!! Boooyaawww!!!! You are very talented!!!!! I gave my awards to Outkast when they deserved it over me… That’s what it is!!!! I’m not crazy yall, I’m just real. Sorry for that!!! I really feel bad for Taylor and I’m sincerely sorry!!! Much Respect!!!!!”
Kanye West: Apology to Taylor Swift | Kanye West, Taylor Swift : Just Jared

Here, he is still apologizing...

Nearly one year after Kanye West famously interrupted Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech for Best Female Video at MTV’s Video Music Awards, the rapper has taken to his Twitter to apologize — for the second time — to the young award-winner. Today, West unleashed a barrage of tweets about the famous incident, even thanking Twitter creator Biz Stone and CEO Evan Williams for giving him a platform to ask forgiveness. “When I woke up from the crazy nightmare I looked in the mirror and said GROW UP KANYE … I take responsibility for my actions,” one of the rapper’s tweets read.
Kanye West apologizes to Taylor Swift on Twitter: 'I've learned. I only want to do good.' | The Music Mix | EW.com

She's cute (or stunningly beautiful depending on how she chooses to present herself) and her voice is adaquate.

I don't know who is handling here career, but they are pretty damned smart.

Is she a great singer?

No.

But then too, many famous vocal artists don't have great voices.

What makes people stars is the ENTIRE PACKAGE.

Taylor Swift's entire package appeals to a lot of people.

She's cute (or stunningly beautiful depending on how she chooses to present herself) and her voice is adaquate.

Is she a great singer?

No.

She's a little skinny for my tastes.

Is she a great singer?

No.

She's a little skinny for my tastes.

There's no accounting for taste.

If you think she's too skinny for you?

She IS too skinny (for you).

I think she's stunning.

Not a big fan of her music, but so what?

That young woman can't sing :( She's just hillbilly, teen-throb, eye-candy :eusa_eh:

She won an American Music Award for Favorite Female Artist, Country Music, which should sit nicely alongside her awards for Top New Female Vocalist (Academy Of Country Music), Video Of The Year and Female Video Of The Year (CMT), Breakout Artist (Teen Choice) and last year's Horizon Award from the Country Music Association. She also currently has the #1 album in the country, with her sophomore release Fearless topping this week's Billboard 200 chart. Plus, of course, the cuteness and the perkiness and teenagerness and the used-to-date-a-Jonas-Brother of it all.

So it seems a little weird to ask if anybody's noticed that she can't sing. And by that, I don't mean that she's bland or immature or incapable of connecting with her material or totally devoid of any personality whatsoever. I mean that she can't carry a tune.

So, if this is about who has a better singing voice, why is it in "Race Relations"?

And, do you have a link for that quote? Did West say that?

That young woman can't sing :( She's just hillbilly, teen-throb, eye-candy :eusa_eh:

She won an American Music Award for Favorite Female Artist, Country Music, which should sit nicely alongside her awards for Top New Female Vocalist (Academy Of Country Music), Video Of The Year and Female Video Of The Year (CMT), Breakout Artist (Teen Choice) and last year's Horizon Award from the Country Music Association. She also currently has the #1 album in the country, with her sophomore release Fearless topping this week's Billboard 200 chart. Plus, of course, the cuteness and the perkiness and teenagerness and the used-to-date-a-Jonas-Brother of it all.

So it seems a little weird to ask if anybody's noticed that she can't sing. And by that, I don't mean that she's bland or immature or incapable of connecting with her material or totally devoid of any personality whatsoever. I mean that she can't carry a tune.

Can't carry a tune?

Come on...we are talk'n country music

He stole her moment, saying Beyonce was the best. Just because he isn't a fan of her style or whatever, he should have had class enough to shut up!

If he did no wrong, why apologize? :lol:

"I’m sooooo sorry to Taylor Swift and her fans and her mom [Andrea]. I spoke to her mother right after and she said the same thing my mother would’ve said. She is very talented! I like the lyrics about being a cheerleader and she’s in the bleachers! …………………… I’m in the wrong for going on stage and taking away from her moment!…………….. Beyonce’s video was the best of this decade!!! I’m sorry to my fans if I let you guys down!!!!! I’m sorry to my friends at MTV. I will apologize to Taylor 2mrw. Welcome to the real world!!!! Everybody wanna booooo me but I’m a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin’ the show at the cribe right now cause…. Well you know!!!! I’m still happy for Taylor!!!! Boooyaawww!!!! You are very talented!!!!! I gave my awards to Outkast when they deserved it over me… That’s what it is!!!! I’m not crazy yall, I’m just real. Sorry for that!!! I really feel bad for Taylor and I’m sincerely sorry!!! Much Respect!!!!!”
Kanye West: Apology to Taylor Swift | Kanye West, Taylor Swift : Just Jared

Here, he is still apologizing...

Nearly one year after Kanye West famously interrupted Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech for Best Female Video at MTV’s Video Music Awards, the rapper has taken to his Twitter to apologize — for the second time — to the young award-winner. Today, West unleashed a barrage of tweets about the famous incident, even thanking Twitter creator Biz Stone and CEO Evan Williams for giving him a platform to ask forgiveness. “When I woke up from the crazy nightmare I looked in the mirror and said GROW UP KANYE … I take responsibility for my actions,” one of the rapper’s tweets read.
Kanye West apologizes to Taylor Swift on Twitter: 'I've learned. I only want to do good.' | The Music Mix | EW.com

You can infer anything you like. But the fact of the matter is he never uttered anything that even remotely resembles: She's a terrible vocalist, she can't carry a tune, etc. The OP/title suggests that Kayne was "right" about her being a bad singer, but how can he be right about something he never said?

So, if this is about who has a better singing voice, why is it in "Race Relations"?

And, do you have a link for that quote? Did West say that?
you must've overlooked this:
Wheres the usual race sub-forum denizens such as William Joyce & Tank?
Nah, I looked at your OP. Nothing there.

So, it's just a thread to show the board what we already know.

And, should we be impressed by that 'cleverness' to bait an idiot racist?

c4b2a348c4df9d9cff310eaea9dbbf28baf.jpg

Well, if Taylor West can't sing, then you should listen to Anastasia Sivaevea instead.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbD-HiSIv78&feature=feedlik"]Slava Anestasiye![/ame]

Forum List

Back