Just sold my MC (Goldwing)

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I have an informal tradition of buying a "new" motorcycle every three years or so, then getting rid of it and buying something else (same with cars). After riding a bike for three years, even if it is a great bike, I just get tired of it and want to try something different. I just got back from the AAA, where I did the paperwork of selling my Goldwing. I didn't want to have to store it over the winter.

The last several changeovers have been from touring bikes to cruisers, then back. I have not owned a H-D, and cannot bring myself to conclude that it would be a good thing, price and other factors considered. It is undeniable that owning a Harley makes one a member of an informal fraternity that is recognized both internally and externally, and there is even the formal organization Harley Owners' Group that sponsors group rides, charity events, cruises, and whatnot. But I consider that the bikes themselves are nothing special, with a comparable import bike always available that is just as good at a better price.

When the weather breaks in the Spring I will replace my Goldwing. I keep mulling over getting a Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive, which is the scooter equivalent of a Goldwing. The CVT holds me back. It just wouldn't be the same. But maybe if I can find one that is appropriately accessorized...

GoldWings are nice and quiet and smooth running.
The HDs shake and for some reason people like deafening open pipes on them.

Forum List

Back