Just in time economy becoming a problem.

When in the past have we shut down a 4 trillion dollar economy?

But that's just it, The theory doesn't take into consideration that everything would not run as it was theoretically hoped it would. Many economic theories fail because of this.

Right now, the cost of energy is a huge component of the mix. China has been scaling back production in its most energy consuming industries because it is too expensive to feed the electrons and compete in price.

This all started before the costs of energy started going up.

Exactly! - Over 90% of Economic Crashes Happen on Republicans Watch.

The last two times with Democrat Congress'. Hmmm? With Pelosi as Speaker of the House both times (while she and her husband grow fat and rich).

When in the past did we have empty shelves?
When was the last panic that there may be a shortage coming soon because that is what the News claims? Did you know foodstamp recipients got a big boost on October 1?

Couple the extra food that millions got on the first along with employers losing many employees who refuse to poison themselves with a jab to keep a job and the truckers who won't lose money when fuel is raised beyond their profit margins and the "solidarity" movement that many of these commie minded union leaders that are telling people to stay home; plus the already stressed system due to the covid and the jab and this empty shelves in certain areas of the country is what you get.

When was the last panic that there may be a shortage coming soon because that is what the News claims? Did you know foodstamp recipients got a big boost on October 1?

Couple the extra food that millions got on the first along with employers losing many employees who refuse to poison themselves with a jab to keep a job and the truckers who won't lose money when fuel is raised beyond their profit margins and the "solidarity" movement that many of these commie minded union leaders that are telling people to stay home; plus the already stressed system due to the covid and the jab and this empty shelves in certain areas of the country is what you get.

You can come up with many reasons why JIT didn't work here but the fact is, it didn't work.

You can come up with many reasons why JIT didn't work here but the fact is, it didn't work.
You asked when was the last time shelves were empty so I gave you a plausible answer. Whether you accept that or not that is the way it is concerning the grocery shelves.

Per manufacturing some of those same issues are at play but there are more problems with some parts and raw materials because we do not produce all those things now. Even auto parts stores have changed dramactically in the last forty years. They simply do not carry every part for everything now. Hell, you can't even buy a lawnmower part now as simple as a spindle and know it will fit because China has put so much crap out into the markets. Have you seen the metal in some of these parts like axle shafts, gears and bolts that they make that just snaps. A lot of younger people may not recognized it but to me it looks like it is made of pot metal when it breaks up instead of parts that are supposed to be made of good steel? Standardized parts are no longer a thing in cars and pickups either. There is no doubt in my mind that there is a huge failure in the globalization for super cheap products.

Totally off topic so I will not reply after this to this BUT that has NOTHING to do with Just in Time so if you do not understand the issue the best thing to do is remain on the sidelines but I never did understand why if we were self sufficient as Trump said we need Canadian oil.
You don’t understand the issue. With that we agree.

You asked when was the last time shelves were empty so I gave you a plausible answer. Whether you accept that or not that is the way it is concerning the grocery shelves.

Per manufacturing some of those same issues are at play but there are more problems with some parts and raw materials because we do not produce all those things now. Even auto parts stores have changed dramactically in the last forty years. They simply do not carry every part for everything now. Hell, you can't even buy a lawnmower part now as simple as a spindle and know it will fit because China has put so much crap out into the markets. Have you seen the metal in some of these parts like axle shafts, gears and bolts that they make that just snaps. A lot of younger people may not recognized it but to me it looks like it is made of pot metal when it breaks up instead of parts that are supposed to be made of good steel? Standardized parts are no longer a thing in cars and pickups either. There is no doubt in my mind that there is a huge failure in the globalization for super cheap products.

It was noted that the last time was WWII. I acknowledged that was true and the reason for it. It would have been true no matter the economic system.

Is that the best you've got?
Trump certainly ripped the seams on your pockets with money. Grow up.
so true….i got to keep more that i earned that’s to trump, not to mention he got more of my fellow countrymen back to work.

Not to mention he keep inflation at bay, so i could get more with my money…it went further

i miss the days before the demafasict polcies harmed our economy

so true….i got to keep more that i earned that’s to trump, not to mention he got more of my fellow countrymen back to work.

Not to mention he keep inflation at bay, so i could get more with my money…it went further

i miss the days before the demafasict polcies harmed our economy

Rubbish. You people would install Charles Manson if he was a Republican.
You know nothing and are a liar.

Joe Biden has absolutely nothing to do with this but obviously you don't understand the issue.

LOL Whenever a democrat is in office he doesn’t own anythIng. High gas prices nothing to do with Joe Xiden. Border crisis not Xiden’s fault. Failing economy nothing Joe Xiden can do. What a joke. Sorry, but Joe Xiden owns it all. He’s a complete disgrace and a failure.

Trump Caused Empty Shelves.

Biden has Record Port Container Throughput, Shelves Full for Panicking GOP shoppers, Record GDP Growth & Job Growth!

You will have to forgive me as I do not recall who it was exactly that noted how big of a problem this is where the current economic issues are concerned. I did hit like but I saw no one else even comment on it.

People want to blame all of our problems on politicians and it's not that they don't deserve a lot of blame for lots of things but it was business that instituted "just in time". Just in time was one thing that led me to get things in order so I could retire early a few years ago.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
I don't know who you are thinking of, but I pointed out JIT is the source of the current supply chain problem in another topic this past week:

The supply chain problem is not because of the government. This is a private sector problem. The business world relied far too heavily on Just-In-Time delivery. Covid knocked that shit completely out of whack.

This will get sorted out. Any idiot who thinks this is going to get worse does not have any faith in our private sector.

Are you serious???the first thing he did was cancel the pipeline and made drilling and fracking on public land illegal....and now he has to beg OPEC for more oil....that alone has harmed the economy....
Biden Issues Dozens of Oil Drilling Permits in First Few Days

And gas prices are up all over the world, Ram. Not just here. Biden has nothing to do with it.

This all started before the costs of energy started going up.
"
China’s economy is “more driven by exports than any time in the past decade,” but official energy use targets fail to take that into account, economists Larry Hu and Xinyu Ji of Macquarie Group said in a report.
Some provinces used up most of their quotas for energy consumption in the first half of the year and are cutting back to stay under their limits, according to Li Shuo, a climate policy expert at Greenpeace in Beijing.
Utility companies, meanwhile, are being squeezed by soaring coal and gas prices. That discourages them from increasing output because the government limits their ability to pass on costs to customers, said Li.

Prices have risen “past the range of what China’s electricity industry can bear,” Li said.
China has launched repeated campaigns to make its energy-hungry economy more efficient and clean up smog-choked cities.
City skies are visibly clearer, but the abrupt way the campaigns are carried out disrupts supplies of power, coal and gas, leaving families shivering in unheated homes and forcing factories to shut down." https://www.usnews.com/news/busines...-factories-households-grapple-with-power-cuts

Forum List

Back