Just got the estimate for repairing my drivers side mirror...

tycho1572

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2016
... after it was hit by an unknown motorist.
$2,767.34!! Wtf? lol

I couldn’t f’ing believe it. They said the entire door will have to be replaced because of the damage done where the mirror is mounted.

While it won’t cost me more than my $250 deductible, I wasn’t expecting that. I also wasn’t expecting it to take 3 days to repair.

Gotta love these unexpected surprises life sometimes throws our way. :)

$2,767.34!! Wtf? lol

I couldn’t f’ing believe it. They said the entire door will have to be replaced because of the damage done where the mirror is mounted.

While it won’t cost me more than my $250 deductible, I wasn’t expecting that. I also wasn’t expecting it to take 3 days to repair.

Thank God for insurance.

$2,767.34!! Wtf? lol

Thank God for insurance.
I rolled in there thinking it might cost around $500. lol

$2,767.34!! Wtf? lol

Thank God for insurance.

Make sure its right, I think it was the whole door part, I hope you get a loaner?

$2,767.34!! Wtf? lol

Thank God for insurance.

Make sure its right, will they give you a loaner?
Make sure what’s right?

My ins. will cover the rental.

$2,767.34!! Wtf? lol

Thank God for insurance.

Make sure what’s right?

Make sure the door shuts good, the mirror works and the color matches. Good your ins will cover the loaner.

$2,767.34!! Wtf? lol

That sounds ridiculous but my insurance was charged $1100 when my friend opened the passenger door on a very windy day and banged the car door next to me. I was honest and told the waitress what had happened and ask the the other people who's car it was. I mean you could barely see the dent. So a mirrror for $2700? Sure why not?

$2,767.34!! Wtf? lol

Thank God for insurance.

Make sure what’s right?

Make sure the door shuts good, the mirror works and the color matches. Good your ins will cover the loaner.
I’ll be sure to do that. :)

$2,767.34!! Wtf? lol

That sounds ridiculous but my insurance was charged $1100 when my friend opened the passenger door on a very windy day and banged the car door next to me. I was honest and told the waitress what had happened and ask the the other people who's car it was. I mean you could barely see the dent. So a mirrror for $2700? Sure why not?
I could see the damage they were talking about. They also took several pics and sent them to my ins. company.

I’m confident the repairs will be done right and in a timely manner. I chose this particular shop because of their high ratings. My ins. rep said they’ll cover the cost including a rental. :)

$2,767.34!! Wtf? lol

That is not possible.

The average cost of a side view mirror is about $450

The Complete Side Mirror Replacement Cost Guide

$2,767.34!! Wtf? lol

That is not possible.

The average cost of a side view mirror is about $450

The Complete Side Mirror Replacement Cost Guide
:laugh:

I’m gonna guess you didn’t see where I said the entire door will need to be replaced.

I'm not sure what to think of my current insurance co.Switched from State Farm because they must have thought I would pay more every yr for the privilege of having them despite having spotless record. So I switched to Countrywide. Saving me money but the daughter had a minor fender bender at very low speed, Total damage to her car was a 6x6 inch piece of plastic punched out of her grill by his tlr hitch. She took pics of hers but not his. He assured her he didnt see any damage dont worry. Then the insurance co gets a close to 3 grand estimate to fix his car, supposedly his bumper is pushed down, Asked mine if they were going to inspect it before paying which they say they did but I'm not convinced they didnt just want to run the cash register up on my daughters policy.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what to think of my current insurance co.Switched from State Farm because they must have thought I would pay more every yr for the privilege of having despite having spotless record. So I switched to Countrywide. Saving me money but the daughter had a minor fender bender at very low speed, Total damage to her car was a 6x6 inch piece of plastic punched out of her grill by his tlr hitch. She took oics of hers but not his. He assured her he didnt see any damage dont worry. Then the insurance co gets a close to 3 grand estimate to fix his car, supposedly his bumper is pushed down, Asked mine if they were going to inspect it before paying which they say they did but I'm not convinced they didnt just want to run the cash register up on my daughters policy.
Every company is different.
I’ve had two different cars hit and my rate hasn’t changed because I wasn’t at fault.

If you wonder why Pick-a-Part junkyards are thriving, you have your answer. Good mechanics - not parts-replacers - will find one and install it, making sure the paints matches yours.
It also depends on the type of side view mirror. Those that adjust electrially will obviously cost more.

Update:
Got a call today from a guy with my insurance company who will be coming out to see the damage because the estimate is over $2,000.

After 1 week in the shop, I finally have my car back! :113:
Total cost for repairs.... $3,121.24!

They did an awesome job with the repairs and paint. I’m happy.

The most difficult part for me was using a car that wasn’t keyless. Starting the car remotely was another feature I missed.

Whelp, unless anyone has any questions, that concludes this thread. :)

$2,767.34!! Wtf? lol

You drive a "plastic Pig" and you pay big bucks to fix it.

$2,767.34!! Wtf? lol

I find it hard to believe that the mirror base destroyed the set template. One is plastic the other is metal. I suppose it's not impossible but it sure as hell is unlikely.

Jo

A few years ago a hail storm his my sister's work. She had a few visible dents in her hood. Told her to file an insurance claim. Once they put it under the light, her few dents were 100's of them. If it hadn't been a new car, they would have totaled it. Insurance paid a fortune to have them all pulled.

Forum List

Back