Just curious about practices like this around the world and here?

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

Just wondering what we think about practices like this around the world, and including here.

Does everyone consider these practices very irresponsible and risky to the world with what we are seeing now and considering the risks of animal to human transfers of diseases like coronavirus?

I have been to Asia. In 2004, went to 3 Asian countries. Saw stuff like this first hand. Including snakes, monkeys, pangolins, among other things.

I was told by a microbiologist many years ago about the risks and inevitability of pandemics happening as a result of irresponsible behavior like this.

Well, is it? Is it irresponsible and should we as the world demand that such practices stop?

Or is that.........RACISM?

Last edited:
2.5 BILLION PEOPLE in that area of the world with just China and India alone.

They eat anything...........Rice keeps most alive there.

Just wondering what we think about practices like this around the world, and including here.

Does everyone consider these practices very irresponsible and risky to the world with what we are seeing now and considering the risks of animal to human transfers of diseases like coronavirus?

I have been to Asia. In 2004, went to 3 Asian countries. Saw stuff like this first hand. Including snakes, monkeys, pangolins, among other things.

I was told by a microbiologist many years ago about the risks and inevitability of pandemics happening as a result of irresponsible behavior like this.

Well, is it? Is it irresponsible and should we as the world demand that such practices stop?

Or is that.........RACISM?

It could only be RACISM (didn't know it was an acronym) if such practices were determined by race and adjudged to be therefore "inferior". But they're not.

Eating animals is kind of disgusting anyway but which ones depend on what the local social customs are. A while back for example there was some controversy over some fast food joint using horsemeat, but in France that would be normal.

2.5 BILLION PEOPLE in that area of the world with just China and India alone.

They eat anything...........Rice keeps most alive there.
Kind of fond of USDA over regulation, my self.

Forum List

Back