Jury convicts Jan. 6 defendant who blamed Trump for Capitol breach

ā€˜A jury on Thursday convicted the Jan. 6 defendant Dustin Thompson on all six charges he faced ā€” including felony obstruction of Congress ā€” rejecting his effort to blame Donald Trumpā€™s campaign of disinformation about the election results for his conduct.

The verdict, the third conviction in three jury trials for the Justice Department, was a significant validation of prosecutorsā€™ effort to separate the actions of individual participants in the Jan. 6, 2021, riot from the attempts by Trump to subvert the election results.

After the verdict, U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton tore into Trump for his efforts to dupe supporters into believing the election was stolen.

ā€œI think our democracy is in trouble because, unfortunately, we have charlatans like our former president who doesnā€™t, in my view, really care about democracy but only about power,ā€ Walton said.ā€™

Exactly.
i think we should convict everyone that still believes the false narrative that trump ordered the riotā€¦

i think we should convict everyone that still believes the false narrative that trump ordered the riotā€¦
I think we should just hire actors from Russia to say Democrats did illegal shit...........Get FISA warrants..........tap their phones.......Have an investigation looking for a crime......no need to charge one we'll find a crime later...........and give them a taste of their own medicine.

Oh.........and hire a bimbo to say she peed all over Biden in a hotel............gave nude pictures to Putin.

Sounds good............Give them a taste of their own medicine.

I think we should just hire actors from Russia to say Democrats did illegal shit...........Get FISA warrants..........tap their phones.......Have an investigation looking for a crime......no need to charge one we'll find a crime later...........and give them a taste of their own medicine.

Oh.........and hire a bimbo to say she peed all over Biden in a hotel............gave nude pictures to Putin.

Sounds good............Give them a taste of their own medicine.

the dms didnā€™t hire russian actorsā€¦they paid actual russians, they literally paid russians for putin misinformation

ā€˜A jury on Thursday convicted the Jan. 6 defendant Dustin Thompson on all six charges he faced ā€” including felony obstruction of Congress ā€” rejecting his effort to blame Donald Trumpā€™s campaign of disinformation about the election results for his conduct.

The verdict, the third conviction in three jury trials for the Justice Department, was a significant validation of prosecutorsā€™ effort to separate the actions of individual participants in the Jan. 6, 2021, riot from the attempts by Trump to subvert the election results.

After the verdict, U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton tore into Trump for his efforts to dupe supporters into believing the election was stolen.

ā€œI think our democracy is in trouble because, unfortunately, we have charlatans like our former president who doesnā€™t, in my view, really care about democracy but only about power,ā€ Walton said.ā€™

Exactly.

So the Judge's decision was correct, but his misguided temper tantrum was wrong.

The man made his own choice, to join the mob and enter the Capitol. Personal Accountability.

President Trump did not order a riot, unlawful conduct, entering the Capitol, or disrespecting the police. Official records, transcripts, and videos show this.

The President has the authority to participate in the Constitutional process of challenging an election.

He requested the VP not to certify the election until challenges were addresses. Pence did not have to comply and did not.

Trump asked electors to oppose state certification of the election because the state violated its own election laws.

Trump voiced his own opinion of the election, and in the end he urged people to WALK pea equally to the Capitol to let their voices be heard, to support their reps Constitutionslly challenging the election, to obey laws, no not be violent, and respect the police

That should cover what I meant.

This other will show the FISA abuse too.

The Fact that none of these people are in PRISON.........shows the state of our country. The legal system protects SCUMBAGS........who rape the treasury while screwing every American for it with the dollar dying.

Our own Gov't has become what the founders fought against in 1776

iu

If it wasn't for this man............they would have gotten away with the Framing of Trump.

Don't worry we argue on our side against each other............Your departure will ensure we will argue more. Unlike you we don't march in lock step.

You let the far left take over...........and now the chickens are coming home to roost............Good.

I'm gonna go move JFK into the pet cemetary for ya.........hope he doesn't come back like in the movie.
As I've posted before you are both a damn liar and lack the benefits of reading political science, history and psychology.

Your pretending to be superior is meaningless to me
Your ad hominem is built on your ignorance; I suspect your ideology is fixated on tabloids.

Others on the idiot fringe moved to the meeting of the far right and the far left; all of the crap posted in tabloids is misinformation, the 21st Century of Sophistry who use fallacious arguments, especially with the intention of deceiving.

Ignore it...........because it is a political lynching and nothing more.............I've seen the videos showing them opening doors and standing down .......aka the Capital Police.

It was a set up............and after what BLM did in this country I simply don't care about your butt hurt over it.

Don't forget the parts where Ray Epps was trying to incite them to riot, then the Cap police started throwing flashbangs and insults at the peaceful crowd to get them enraged to break in. Why do you think the DOJ won't release all the video?

The biggest lesson here is never never never put yourself in a position that could negatively affect you for someone else's cause.

There would be no America if everyone thought like that! Not that anyone at the capitol on J6 thought they were fighting for any other cause than their own, and America's.

Don't forget the parts where Ray Epps was trying to incite them to riot, then the Cap police started throwing flashbangs and insults at the peaceful crowd to get them enraged to break in. Why do you think the DOJ won't release all the video?
And left the doors open and basically said enter........yup. was a complete set up.

Forum List

Back