Jury awards hotel dishwasher $21 million, finding employer violated her BS religious anus rights'

A former hotel dishwasher has been awarded $21.5 million in damages after a jury found that her previous employer violated her religious rights.

Marie Jean Pierre, 60, sued the Park Hotels & Resorts, accusing the group of violating her civil rights by firing her for being unable to work on Sundays, the Miami Herald reported Wednesday.

Pierre, who had worked as a dishwasher at the Conrad Miami Hotel, had requested from the beginning of her employment that she have Sundays off to participate in Christian missionary work to help the poor, according to NBC News.

"I love God,” she told the local NBC affiliate. “No work on Sunday, because Sunday I honor God."
Jury awards hotel dishwasher $21 million after finding employer violated her religious rights

:dunno: I say Follower of fake gods/lords & MAGA DOPers approves of this, rightie'?
Or you disapprove of this, as it's a black female dishwasher?
Will the great Douche tweet about this for the DOPers?
Interesting...did she have that request in writing? And was it approved? If so, she's got them.

Here's reality, the maximum she can collect is $300,000. The hotel is appealing, but they lost the case originally. Despite the venom and hate shown by the OP, Americans still have the freedom of religion.
people can't DICTATE/ORDER their employers the hours/pay/etc they want

We have laws protecting employees. Butt........... She sued under laws. and won. For a WIN!
If you're on salary, that's how it works to start. So you be DOPer wrong to start.
there are always black juries/dumbass juries-------OJ

You are attempting to cheat your employer with after the fact fake religion.
Haha, and there you have it, folks...as long as your magical hooha is cloaked in a major religion that has political power, then this option is available to you.

Thank you for that accidental moment of honesty.

freedom of religion of fake BS. Means weak ignorant losers can just make up shit to sue.
Somthang wrong with that clearly..CHECK DOPer!?

It is right there in the Constitution. It was not made up, if you bothered to read an accountant of the case you'd know. Just like you'd know God if you read the Bible. Seems like you frequently avoid truth.
no--anyone can make up any shit they want and sue for religious purposes
very stupid

Tough shit...my employer changed its hours and told me I had to work new hours. So I had a choice of doing that or quitting.

And? This is not about you or your employer. This is about a woman who worked at a hotel. Hotels generally don't change hours. You know why? Because they are usually open 24/7/365.

This is not about a business changing its hours of operation and requiring you to come in an hour earlier. This woman was available on Sundays, due to religious reasons. The employer agreed to that when they hired her. For six years they were able to schedule her on other days. Out of the blue they tried to change the agreement and demanded that she eliminate her religious schedule limitation.

Of course, at the time, I didn't know the option was open to me to stick a bone through my nose and claim my sponsor voodoo demons would not allow it , therefore my employer must pay me to retire. That's a good thing to know!

What the fuck are you talking about? Never mind, I don't care.

What the hell is wrong with so called conservatives nowadays? Donald got you morons twisted inside out? There is not one reason why conservatives should be throwing a fit about this. A Christian woman was fired from her job in what was effectively retaliation for her devotion to her Christian faith. The employer made an agreement, and then they broke the agreement. Every single detail about this indicates that conservatives should be applauding this outcome.

A former hotel dishwasher has been awarded $21.5 million in damages after a jury found that her previous employer violated her religious rights.

Marie Jean Pierre, 60, sued the Park Hotels & Resorts, accusing the group of violating her civil rights by firing her for being unable to work on Sundays, the Miami Herald reported Wednesday.

Pierre, who had worked as a dishwasher at the Conrad Miami Hotel, had requested from the beginning of her employment that she have Sundays off to participate in Christian missionary work to help the poor, according to NBC News.

"I love God,” she told the local NBC affiliate. “No work on Sunday, because Sunday I honor God."
Jury awards hotel dishwasher $21 million after finding employer violated her religious rights

:dunno: I say Follower of fake gods/lords & MAGA DOPers approves of this, rightie'?
Or you disapprove of this, as it's a black female dishwasher?
Will the great Douche tweet about this for the DOPers?
Interesting...did she have that request in writing? And was it approved? If so, she's got them.

Here's reality, the maximum she can collect is $300,000. The hotel is appealing, but they lost the case originally. Despite the venom and hate shown by the OP, Americans still have the freedom of religion.
Sucks to be a gullible follower of man-made grifter BS.
It's not my fault you are what you are. But people are here to break you
free from your stupid faith in fake gods.

You are attempting to cheat your employer with after the fact fake religion.
Haha, and there you have it, folks...as long as your magical hooha is cloaked in a major religion that has political power, then this option is available to you.

Thank you for that accidental moment of honesty.

It is not news that voodoo is made up. That you are willing to lie.

Tough shit...my employer changed its hours and told me I had to work new hours. So I had a choice of doing that or quitting.

And? This is not about you or your employer. This is about a woman who worked at a hotel. Hotels generally don't change hours. You know why? Because they are usually open 24/7/365.

This is not about a business changing its hours of operation and requiring you to come in an hour earlier. This woman was available on Sundays, due to religious reasons. The employer agreed to that when they hired her. For six years they were able to schedule her on other days. Out of the blue they tried to change the agreement and demanded that she eliminate her religious schedule limitation.

Of course, at the time, I didn't know the option was open to me to stick a bone through my nose and claim my sponsor voodoo demons would not allow it , therefore my employer must pay me to retire. That's a good thing to know!

What the hell is wrong with so called conservatives nowadays? Donald got you morons twisted inside out? There is not one reason why conservatives should be throwing a fit about this. A Christian woman was fired from her job in what was effectively retaliation for her devotion to her Christian faith. The employer made an agreement, and then they broke the agreement. Every single detail about this indicates that conservatives should be applauding this outcome.
So her employer told her she had to start working Sundays. And because she believes a fairy tale that has the cover of political power, she was able to go on the offense. You may see it as somehow different than a person insisting his houseplants tell him he cannot work on Tuesdays, but i don't .

Obama got you morons twisted out
you people believe criminals good--cops bad
real smart there

It's sounding like she did. If you'd bother to read before you shoot off your mouth you'd see that she had been working there for six years and always had Sundays off from the very beginning. Then the employer tried to abruptly demand that she become available, firing her when she refused.
That has happened to me. I should have sued.

If your situation dealt with a limitation based on religion or some other protected characteristic, then yeah, you probably should have sued.

I have broken many like you. Even now you are upset. Quite amusing.

Good for her!

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Exodus 20:8-11
Problem is... she wasn’t asking for Saturday’s off. She was complaining about Sunday. The first day of the week...

What frigging difference does it make which day it was?!
Uh... Because the scripture specifically commands the devoted to “remember”.

Uh . . . irrelevant to the topic. This lawsuit would be a pile of ridiculous crap whether you approved of which day she observes the Sabbath or not.
The lawsuit is bogus. None the less it isn’t about me. It’s about her claim of having her rights violated. If her assertion is that she shouldn’t have to work on Sunday, due to “remember the Sabbath”; that doesn’t jive with the scripture she’s claiming to adhere to. She sounds like a fraud. Simple as that.
All followers of fake lords and gods are frauds. Your point?

I have broken many like you. Even now you are upset. Quite amusing.
I await your weak best shots. Tell me what kids need to be raped to prove your godly love.

You may see it as somehow different than a person insisting his houseplants tell him he cannot work on Tuesdays, but i don't .

Thank you for clarifying. You can't comprehend the difference between religious discrimination and your personal delusions that you're living the little house of horrors. So the real problem here is that you're just a flaming idiot.

Thank you for clarifying. You can't comprehend the difference between religious discrimination and your personal delusions
So your big point is that, if i claimed it was for Jesus and not " madeup voodoo", then it would be fine.

Which is actually my point, and you just made it for me. Again.

I await your weak best shots. Tell me what kids need to be raped to prove your godly love.

My worst day as a Christian is better than your best day as Baz Ares. I pity you really. Needing to find the worse in people so that you can feel superior.

freedom of religion of fake BS. Means weak ignorant losers can just make up shit to sue.
Somthang wrong with that clearly..CHECK DOPer!?

It is right there in the Constitution. It was not made up, if you bothered to read an accountant of the case you'd know. Just like you'd know God if you read the Bible. Seems like you frequently avoid truth.
no--anyone can make up any shit they want and sue for religious purposes
very stupid
No, they cannot. This was a long held well established guiding principal in her life. The employer knew that. He is required to accommodate that

Forum List

Back