July 20, 1944

eagle7-31

Diamond Member
Mar 24, 2020

The last of at least 17 attempts to kill the deranged Austrian house painter. Too bad they missed would have saved alot of lives. Of course if the plotters had not missed the chance in Sept 1938 even more lives would have been spared. The problem was to kill Hitler was a job for a professional assassin not a professional solider.

Schicklgruber should have stuck to painting instead. He was a far better arteest than Hunter Biden. :laughing0301:

1658363518785.png

I guess the German commanders never heard of the KISS (keep it simple stupid) doctrine. WTF were they thinking with an elaborate bomb in a briefcase plan when they could have walked up to the fuehrer and put a bullet in his head? The conspirators had little confidence that Hitler's assassination would solve their problems and they were cowards at heart and wanted plausible deniability when the bomb went off. Their cowardice was their undoing when the plot failed to work and they were all indicted.

I guess the German commanders never heard of the KISS (keep it simple stupid) doctrine. WTF were they thinking with an elaborate bomb in a briefcase plan when they could have walked up to the fuehrer and put a bullet in his head? The conspirators had little confidence that Hitler's assassination would solve their problems and they were cowards at heart and wanted plausible deniability when the bomb went off. Their cowardice was their undoing when the plot failed to work and they were all indicted.

I suppose everyone romanticizes becoming a martyr for a cause until it's time to set off the boom boom vest.

As I said that was job for a professional assassin. Actually the July 20 plot Stauffenberg has 2 bombs had time to set only 1, but if he put the 2nd bomb in the brief case both would have exploded and killed everyone in the room. And you are correct about some of the commanders being awkward to say the least.

Forum List

Back