Judge Orders Extended Early Voting In Florida

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
:clap2:

Orange County Early Voting Hours Extended Sunday Following Judge's Ruling

A judge extended early voting hours in one Florida county on Sunday after the state Democratic Party sued in an effort to give people more time at the polls.

Some voters had faced waits several hours long on Saturday, the last scheduled day of early voting. The judge ruled on a lawsuit filed late Saturday in Orange County after an early voting site was shut down for several hours. The Winter Park library was evacuated when a suspicious package – a cooler – was found outside. It was later detonated by a local bomb squad.

Bill Cowles, the Orange County elections supervisor, said that voters who show up on Sunday will be asked to use a provisional ballot because the Republican Party of Florida had appealed the decision. The extra hours will be offered at only the Winter Park library.

The state party also filed a federal lawsuit Sunday morning seeking more voting time in Palm Beach, Miami-Dade and Broward counties.

• Banned
Right. Because partisan hackery is more important than ensuring every willing American is afforded the opportunity to exercise their right to vote.

:clap2:

Orange County Early Voting Hours Extended Sunday Following Judge's Ruling

A judge extended early voting hours in one Florida county on Sunday after the state Democratic Party sued in an effort to give people more time at the polls.

Some voters had faced waits several hours long on Saturday, the last scheduled day of early voting. The judge ruled on a lawsuit filed late Saturday in Orange County after an early voting site was shut down for several hours. The Winter Park library was evacuated when a suspicious package – a cooler – was found outside. It was later detonated by a local bomb squad.

Bill Cowles, the Orange County elections supervisor, said that voters who show up on Sunday will be asked to use a provisional ballot because the Republican Party of Florida had appealed the decision. The extra hours will be offered at only the Winter Park library.

The state party also filed a federal lawsuit Sunday morning seeking more voting time in Palm Beach, Miami-Dade and Broward counties.

governor teatard isn't going to like that. :eusa_whistle:

I'm a fan of early voting, giving people plenty of time to vote is a good thing. However I don't see early voting being an issue in Flordia, and it sounds like suing over it was a bit extreme on the dems part.

the gov cut early voting time in half from what it was. florida's two predecessor governor's felt it was a moral responsibility to make sure every citizen had the opportunity to vote. but the more people who vote, the more it benefits democrats. so gov teatard tried to make sure that voting would be so inconvenient a lot of people wouldn't bother.

that's what the suit was about.

and given that they won, the suit was a good idea.

no doubt they'll appeal.

Whine all you want Libberhoid beaaaaatches.

President Romney appreciates your freedom of speech.

And why would republicans object to citizens exercising a fundamental right, unless they fear the outcome.

The judge’s decision to allow the extended hours comports with the fundamental right to vote, particularly given the evidence of high turnout and long lines.

I'm a fan of early voting, giving people plenty of time to vote is a good thing. However I don't see early voting being an issue in Flordia, and it sounds like suing over it was a bit extreme on the dems part.

With all due respect, you’re clearly ignorant of Florida politics and the tactics of Florida republicans.

Like the old lady said, "if Obama wins because of voter fraud, we're gonna burn this motherfucker down"

And why would republicans object to citizens exercising a fundamental right, unless they fear the outcome.

The judge’s decision to allow the extended hours comports with the fundamental right to vote, particularly given the evidence of high turnout and long lines.

With all due respect, you’re clearly ignorant of Florida politics and the tactics of Florida republicans.

Of course I am, because I disagree with the idea that 10 days of early voting isn't enough.

Judges can't order an existing Law to be changed or modified to suit his or anyone else's desires.

This is Florida 2000 all over again.

Last edited:

I'm not sure what is going on down there, but I have read that some people have had to wait in line for up to eight hours to vote. Simply put, that is absurd.

I'm not sure what is going on down there, but I have read that some people have had to wait in line for up to eight hours to vote. Simply put, that is absurd.

I find it humorous. So many people have told me that the reason they are voting early was to avoid the lines.

I bet I'll have to wait no more than 15 minutes when i vote for Romney on Tuesday.

Right. Because partisan hackery is more important than ensuring every willing American is afforded the opportunity to exercise their right to vote.

1. No one has a right to vote.
2. Who's being denied the opportunity to vote? Nobody.

You partisan Hack.

1. Everyone has the right to vote.
2. People who can't wait for four hours in a line because the gov cut voting hours, are being denied the the opportunity to vote.

Sniveling douche nozzle

1. No one has a right to vote.
2. Who's being denied the opportunity to vote? Nobody.

You partisan Hack.

1. Everyone has the right to vote.
2. People who can't wait for four hours in a line because the gov cut voting hours, are being denied the the opportunity to vote.

Sniveling douche nozzle

1. Wrong moron, show me where in the Constitution it says that we have the right to vote for President. I'll wait.

2. They had 10 days to early vote, cutting it down from 11 makes no difference.

3. They can still vote on tuesday.

Left wing hack idiot.

Forum List

Back