Judge Cannon weighs dismissal of Trump classified documents case

Here are some links (general and specific), do with it as you wish.
Now you are claiming the vice president in 2016 had the same authority to declassify documents as the president? You are making the claim by citing an executive order issued by President Biden in 2023?

Coyote's argument, is that Vice President Biden did not break the law because as president Biden wrote an executive order that retroactively allowed him to declassify documents 8 years earlier?

1710463139812.png

A wall of links, the first link does not give the Vice President the authority the president has. Further, it is an executive order, meaning it is an order by the president. Does the vice president have the power to issue executive orders, no.

Your first link, you did not quote from, does not contain the information you claimed.
I said there is a process for classifying and declassifying material. I provided multiple links related to that. You obviously didn’t actually read them.

Yes. It is an executive Order. I said that. I did not say tbe VP can issue them EO’s.

I said the VP has the same power to classify and declassify (as well as others such as agency heads). It doesn’t matter where it is derived from because as long as that EO is in affect, he has that power.

You stated Trump was charged and there was evidence to support the charges.

Instead of deflecting and hiding from your statement, simply list the charges and tell us in your opinion what evidence applies to the charge.

You wont do it, because you are wrong.
Look the indictment up yourself dumbass. This has been going on for a fucking year. Your aggressive ignorance is tiring.

A wall of words.
Coyote, your first three links proved the opposite of what you contended, that Vice President Biden had the same authority as the president.

Coyote, your fourth link contains, twenty separate links?

Coyote, it is funny you state, "a wall of words", then provide a wall of links you have not read or quoted from.

Coyote, all you did was a google search on words that formed your opinion, coyote than cut/pasted said links without reading or understanding the links

Coyote, how do you know that the fourth link supports your argument, when the links are within the link are behind a wall you must register to get access to?

This is where the fourth link leads. Useless and obviously, coyote pasted random links without bothering to read and follow the links
1710463484862.png

Now you are claiming the vice president in 2016 had the same authority to declassify documents as the president? You are making the claim by citing an executive order issued by President Biden in 2023?

Coyote's argument, is that Vice President Biden did not break the law because as president Biden wrote an executive order that retroactively allowed him to declassify documents 8 years earlier?

View attachment 917269
You asked for links related to procedures on classifying and declassifying documents because I stated there are procedures and you demanded proof. Now you are going down other rabbit holes.

Obama issued an executive order in 2009 that gave the VP the power to classify or declassify material.

I said there is a process for classifying and declassifying material. I provided multiple links related to that. You obviously didn’t actually read them.

Yes. It is an executive Order. I said that. I did not say tbe VP can issue them EO’s.

I said the VP has the same power to classify and declassify (as well as others such as agency heads). It doesn’t matter where it is derived from because as long as that EO is in affect, he has that power.
I have quoted from four of your links Coyote, You obviously are ignoring my replies.

Show us in your links, where that authority rests with the vice president, not given to the vice president by the president.

Use this link, it comes from the links you gave and is the most complete document.

Which makes all these claims even more ludicrous.
Your link, states Trump or a president, can declassify at will. Contradicting what you are calling, "ludicrous"
There have also been reported examples of less formal presidential releases of classified information. For example, in 2003, President Bush reportedly declassified information from a National Intelligence Estimate to rebut Iraq war critics by directing Vice President Cheney to “get out” the information, presumably by disclosing it to media outlets.192 President Trump publicly released a classified satellite photograph of an explosion at an Iranian launch site, claiming he had the “absolute right” to do so,193 thereby declassifying it.194

I have quoted from four of your links Coyote, You obviously are ignoring my replies.

Show us in your links, where that authority rests with the vice president, not given to the vice president by the president.

Use this link, it comes from the links you gave and is the most complete document.
What I stated was that there are rules and procedures for classification and declassification. You asked for proof and I provided you with links. Mission accomplished.

I, in a separate exchange, stated the Vice President has the same authority to classify and declassify material as the President based on an executive order during the Obama administration. That statement is true as long as that executive order is in effect. I have provided a link to that EO. Mission accomplished.

We are done now.

A wall of words.

A wall of links, thus far, by my previous four posts, prove Coyote wrong (I did make one mistake but I doubt coyote will take the time to follow his/her links to discover my error, my error which does not change the fact that the links do not prove coyote's contention)

the fifth link, no mention of vice presidential powers

Coyote, feel free to quote from your wall of links, they do not state or support your opinion. You opinion is fiction.

What I stated was that there are rules and procedures for classification and declassification. You asked for proof and I provided you with links. Mission accomplished.

I, in a separate exchange, stated the Vice President has the same authority to classify and declassify material as the President based on an executive order during the Obama administration. That statement is true as long as that executive order is in effect. I have provided a link to that EO. Mission accomplished.

We are done now.
The executive order, states that the president grants power to the vice president, not that the vice president unilaterally has the power.

As stated in this link, that also contains the Executive Order. The Vice President, according to coyotes links, does not have the power to declassify documents, unless that power is given by the president.

Coyote, if you mission was to prove yourself wrong, job well done

A wall of words.
The wall of links, which coyote obviously did not read, does not state the vice president has the same power as the president to declassify documents.

Coyote, how dare you accuse me of not reading a dozen links, in TWO MINUTES.

Coyote provides a wall of links, that coyote does not read or quote from, and then accuses me of not reading them when it is impossible to open, follow, and read all that is in the link, in less than four hours let alone five minutes.

Coyote, you are an asshole, that was a pretty shitty comment, stating I did not read your links, when you did not read your links, and many of the links are behind a pay wall

Sixth link, no information on declassifying documents.

A wall of words.

The seventh link, no mention of vice presidents power to declassify

Do what I wish? I am proving coyote's links does not state that Vice President Biden had the same power of Obama.

Further, that executive order was written after Biden stole classified documents.

Trump legal news brief: Trump set to attend hearing as Judge Cannon weighs dismissal of classified documents case​

Yahoo News' succinct daily update on the criminal and civil cases against the 45th president of the United States.​

David Knowles
·Senior Editor
Wed, March 13, 2024, 5:46 PM CDT·

Former President Donald Trump is expected to attend a Thursday hearing in Judge Aileen Cannon’s Florida courtroom on whether to dismiss the felony charges against him brought

Not anymore. She denied the motion.

A wall of links, the eighth link, links to the same executive order as the first link.

Was that intentional Coyote to make some sort of point? Or did Coyote simply cut/paste a google search and then declare himself/herself, right!

Coyote, I did what you did not, I read your links, I quoted from your links, I have confidently and competenly used Coyote's own links to show Coyote was wrong about the Vice President having the same power as the president.

Further, Biden as a senator stole classified documents and stored them in his garage, are you also making the argument that Senators have the same power as the president?

You asked for links related to procedures on classifying and declassifying documents because I stated there are procedures and you demanded proof. Now you are going down other rabbit holes.

Obama issued an executive order in 2009 that gave the VP the power to classify or declassify material.
Nope, the executive order states the president must give that authority to the vice president. If you think otherwise, go ahead and quote from your link.

Forum List

Back