Judge: Abercrombie wrongly fired Muslim woman for wearing hijab at work.

i tried

clearly luissa doesn't understand the issues of the case

Dude, stop!
A. I was talking about their dress code
B. I was talking about their dress code.
C. If you are not going to follow a conversation, don't comment

you were talking about the case, stop being obtuse and just admit you fucked up

I was talking about the dress code, and the fact they are encouraged to wear their brand. Admit you didn't follow the conversation QW and I were having, then leave it alone.
I am sorry you missed the obvious point I was making.

She had the head scarf on during her job interview and was hired wearing it.

And wore it for several months while working at the store.

Then one day an upper level manager visited the store and said she had to take it off.

When she refused to remove it she was fired. .. :cool:

I can easily see how full coverings would be an issue but the head scarf is hardly alien to western culture.

sofia_loren_headscarf.jpg

Unless Sofia Loren was a Muslim.

the ruling would have gone the other way if it had been a cross or a star of David. I figure that all arab wooman are ugly that is why they civer them selves up so.

the ruling would have gone the other way if it had been a cross or a star of David. I figure that all arab wooman are ugly that is why they civer them selves up so.

I always think, if you're too stupid to post facts, reasonable opinions or evidence, some old crap will be fine.

You seem to agree. :eusa_whistle:

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A federal judge in San Francisco has ruled that trendy clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch wrongly fired a Muslim worker who insisted on wearing a head scarf.

U.S. District Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers said the company violated anti-discrimination laws when it fired Hani Khan from its Hollister store in San Mateo, Calif., in 2010. Rogers issued the ruling on Tuesday.

The company claimed the head scarf violated its policy governing the look of its employees, which it said was part of its marketing strategy. The store argued that deviating from its look policy would affect sales.

But the judge said Abercrombie & Fitch offered no "credible evidence" that Khan's head scarf cost the company any sales.

"Abercrombie only offers unsubstantiated opinion testimony of its own employees to support its claim of undue hardship," Rogers said.

The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission filed a lawsuit on Khan's behalf in 2011.

A trial on the company's liability is scheduled for later this month. The judge said the jury is free to award punitive damages if it chooses.

Judge: Abercrombie wrongly fired Muslim for hijab

That was a sane and rational decision.

If a place has a dress code and an employee refuses to follow it then said employee should be fired.

As an employer it is not my responsibility to cater to anyone's backwards religious beliefs.

It is your responsibility, however, to be able to provide objective, documented evidence in support of the firing in the event of such a lawsuit.

If there was a dress code violation that's all the proof I need.

I have a dress code for my small business. and a head wrap would not be allowed.
Period.

I find it funny that this woman can't have her head uncovered but she can have a nose ring.

It was just a matter of time before something like this came up. Abercrombie and Fitch made the big PC mistake of telling overweight women they didn't need their business. They must go down now.

i tried

clearly luissa doesn't understand the issues of the case

Dude, stop!
A. I was talking about their dress code
B. I was talking about their dress code.
C. If you are not going to follow a conversation, don't comment

As a matter of fact, in another article it states she was told she could wear a scarf as long as it was in A&F's colors. I'm assuming that included ones sold in their store.

Forum List

Back