Journalists give $$$ to Democrats 9-to-1

Translation: You can't dispute the fact that the majority of american newspapers endorsed Bush over Gore.

Why can't you admit it? Evidently it wouldn't jibe with your fantasy about the "liberal" media.

endorse doesn't necessarily mean they donated money. i didnt see anywhere in that article you posted where it said they donated $$$ to Bush.

Again numbers speak loud and clear, NY Times, washington post, are all garbage papers, MSNBC, NBC, CBS are all in the dumps with the ratings. more and more people know whats going on those news outlets are anything but fair and balanced and you know it

here's a clue...don't EVER presume you know what I know.

and second...you have the old correlation/causation confusion working.

And please learn how to state opinions as opinions and not try to pass them off as fact.

endorse doesn't necessarily mean they donated money. i didnt see anywhere in that article you posted where it said they donated $$$ to Bush.

how much do you think an endorsement from a major urban newspaper is "worth" to a candidate? Do you think it might be " worth" more than the ten $1000 checks to their opponent from ten professional journalists working on the paper's staff?

I don't get it.... are journalists not entitled to be privately active in politics?

Certianly as long as they can keep their personal bias out of their reporting.

Do you think that a newspaper reporter will write the story of the house break in differently depending on his political persuasion?

yes

Do you really think so poorly of journalists that you do not think them capable of doing their jobs professionally?

You have go to be kidding.

Do you think that democratic heart surgeons operate on republican patients with any less care?

Not a comparable analogy

this goes straight to the heart of what it means to be liberal. Liberalismis rooted more heavily on the emotional while conservatism relies more on the objective and reasonable. obviously then anyone who is liberally biased is going to have difficulty seperating their ideology from their work because they are not objective enought to do so.

Anyone who is of the notion that the tv and print media are not liberally biased has there head up their ass.

how much do you think an endorsement from a major urban newspaper is "worth" to a candidate? Do you think it might be " worth" more than the ten $1000 checks to their opponent from ten professional journalists working on the paper's staff?

If you bought Stock in a company would you then turn around and tell people its a crap company? no it's your money you want to see it work for you and grow you dont want to lose it. Of course you're going to tell everyone it's the best company to invest in. Same thing with Journalist giving money to Candidates

If you bought Stock in a company would you then turn around and tell people its a crap company? no it's your money you want to see it work for you and grow you dont want to lose it. Of course you're going to tell everyone it's the best company to invest in. Same thing with Journalist giving money to Candidates

so you are saying that any journalist who has any sort of political philosophy cannot be an objective professional?

Well....we'll just have to agree to disagree because I find that assumption rude and laughable.

so you are saying that any journalist who has any sort of political philosophy cannot be an objective professional?

Well....we'll just have to agree to disagree because I find that assumption rude and laughable.

No one ever said anything of the sort. How exactley did you infer that?

maineman's turn to answer a simple question:

You honestly beleive that America's print and tv media is not liberally biased?

I don't get it.... are journalists not entitled to be privately active in politics?

Do you think that a newspaper reporter will write the story of the house break in differently depending on his political persuasion?

Do you really think so poorly of journalists that you do not think them capable of doing their jobs professionally?

Do you think that democratic heart surgeons operate on republican patients with any less care?

libs deflecting the issue once again. Get out the talking points, look up what to do when you are screwed or nailed, and follow instructions

from the report.............

The donors include CNN's Guy Raz, now covering the Pentagon for NPR, who gave to Kerry the same month he was embedded with U.S. troops in Iraq; New Yorker war correspondent George Packer; a producer for Bill O'Reilly at Fox; MSNBC TV host Joe Scarborough; political writers at Vanity Fair; the editor of The Wall Street Journal's weekend edition; local TV anchors in Washington, Minneapolis, Memphis and Wichita; the ethics columnist at The New York Times; and even MTV's former presidential campaign correspondent.

and

Besides, there's the magazine's famously rigorous editing. The last bulwark against bias’s slipping into The New Yorker is the copy department, whose chief editor, Ann Goldstein, gave $500 in October to MoveOn.org, which campaigns for Democrats and against President Bush. "That's just me as a private citizen," she said. As for whether donations are allowed, Goldstein said she hadn't considered it. "I've never thought of myself as working for a news organization."

http://newsbusters.org/node/13630

libs deflecting the issue once again. Get out the talking points, look up what to do when you are screwed or nailed, and follow instructions

no...you see...it IS the point. No one should suggest that simply because a journalist is a liberal that they are unprofessional.

no...you see...it IS the point. No one should suggest that simply because a journalist is a liberal that they are unprofessional.

They are libs slanting the news to their political views. Only a lib like you would see nothing wrong with it

Conservatives put their opinions on the op ed page where they belong

Libs put their opinions on the front page and pass it off as news

so...only LIBERAL journalists slant the news? really?

do you realize how silly that sounds? According to that, only liberal journalists are unprofessional and all conservative journalists are professional?

so...only LIBERAL journalists slant the news? really?

do you realize how silly that sounds? According to that, only liberal journalists are unprofessional and all conservative journalists are professional?

Since most of the "reporters" in the MSM are liberal - the statement fits

Any examples of conservative reporters slanting the news?

Forum List

Back