Journalism & democracy Are In Trouble

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
The American people would not believe they live in a democracy were it not for journalists repeating the lie as though democracy is set in stone every time they refer to this country as a democracy. Happily:

Freedom of the press is in trouble.​

And well it should be when it serves democracy:

The press, the “Fourth Estate,” is meant to serve as a balance to the power centers of government. It is essential to a healthy, functioning democracy.​

Journalists worried about press freedom
By Renee Garfinkel
Monday, May 15, 2017

Press freedom under fire

America’s Founders would not have included a free press in their Constitution had they known it would become a tool for democracy:

John Adams hated democracy and he feared what was known in the language of the time as “passion.” Adams’s famous assessment: “I do not say that democracy has been more pernicious on the whole, and in the long run, than monarchy or aristocracy. Democracy has never been and never can be so durable as aristocracy or monarchy; but while it lasts, it is more bloody than either.” Democracy, he wrote, “never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide. It is in vain to say that democracy is less vain, less proud, less selfish, less ambitious, or less avaricious than aristocracy or monarchy. It is not true, in fact, and nowhere appears in history. Those passions are the same in all men, under all forms of simple government, and when unchecked, produce the same effects of fraud, violence, and cruelty.”​

What John Adams Knew
by Kevin D. Williamson March 18, 2016 4:00 AM

Our Government Was Designed to Protect Us from the Trumps of the World

Democracy will soon degenerate into an anarchy, such an anarchy that every man will do what is right in his own eyes and no man's life or property or reputation or liberty will be secure, and every one of these will soon mould itself into a system of subordination of all the moral virtues and intellectual abilities, all the powers of wealth, beauty, wit and science, to the wanton pleasures, the capricious will, and the execrable cruelty of one or a very few. John Adams, An Essay on Man's Lust for Power, August 29, 1763

XXXXX

The experience of all former ages had shown that of all human governments, democracy was the most unstable, fluctuating and short-lived. John Quincy Adams

XXXXX

We are a Republican Government, Real liberty is never found in despotism or in the extremes of democracy...it has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity. Alexander Hamilton

Alas, the Founding Fathers mistakenly included a free press in the First Amendment because they could not imagine a constitutionally protected press doing more to abolish liberty than all of the foreign enemies combined could ever do:

Our liberty depends on freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost. Thomas Jefferson

As time marched on a whole lot of people came to see journalism, and journalists, for what they are. John Swinton and James H. Barry barely scratched the surface of today’s press:

There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.

There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.

The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?

We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. John Swinton

XXXXX

"You wish to know my "confidential opinion as to the honesty of the Associated Press." My opinion, not confidential, is that it is the damndest, meanest monopoly on the face of the earth--the wet-nurse for all other monopolies. It lies by day, it lies by night, and it lies for the very lust of lying. Its news-gatherers, I sincerely believe, only obey orders." James H. Barry

Bottom line: Media and democracy are marching arm in arm to the dumper because the public's trust in one cannot survive without trust in the other.

With the internet, all the information and all the informed opinions are out there, you just have to find them and be smart enough to understand what you are reading.

As hinted above and stated by many, when the public figures out that it can (indirectly) vote themselves money and benefits, paid for by others, Democracy is doomed. The Democrat party killed it, and is daily twisting the blade of the mortal knife.

So we are there already, folks. Just because it is slow doesn't mean it ain't suicide.

The American people would not believe they live in a democracy were it not for journalists repeating the lie as though democracy is set in stone every time they refer to this country as a democracy. Happily:

Freedom of the press is in trouble.​

And well it should be when it serves democracy:

The press, the “Fourth Estate,” is meant to serve as a balance to the power centers of government. It is essential to a healthy, functioning democracy.​

Journalists worried about press freedom
By Renee Garfinkel
Monday, May 15, 2017

Press freedom under fire

America’s Founders would not have included a free press in their Constitution had they known it would become a tool for democracy:

John Adams hated democracy and he feared what was known in the language of the time as “passion.” Adams’s famous assessment: “I do not say that democracy has been more pernicious on the whole, and in the long run, than monarchy or aristocracy. Democracy has never been and never can be so durable as aristocracy or monarchy; but while it lasts, it is more bloody than either.” Democracy, he wrote, “never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide. It is in vain to say that democracy is less vain, less proud, less selfish, less ambitious, or less avaricious than aristocracy or monarchy. It is not true, in fact, and nowhere appears in history. Those passions are the same in all men, under all forms of simple government, and when unchecked, produce the same effects of fraud, violence, and cruelty.”​

What John Adams Knew
by Kevin D. Williamson March 18, 2016 4:00 AM

Our Government Was Designed to Protect Us from the Trumps of the World

Democracy will soon degenerate into an anarchy, such an anarchy that every man will do what is right in his own eyes and no man's life or property or reputation or liberty will be secure, and every one of these will soon mould itself into a system of subordination of all the moral virtues and intellectual abilities, all the powers of wealth, beauty, wit and science, to the wanton pleasures, the capricious will, and the execrable cruelty of one or a very few. John Adams, An Essay on Man's Lust for Power, August 29, 1763

XXXXX

The experience of all former ages had shown that of all human governments, democracy was the most unstable, fluctuating and short-lived. John Quincy Adams

XXXXX

We are a Republican Government, Real liberty is never found in despotism or in the extremes of democracy...it has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity. Alexander Hamilton

Alas, the Founding Fathers mistakenly included a free press in the First Amendment because they could not imagine a constitutionally protected press doing more to abolish liberty than all of the foreign enemies combined could ever do:

Our liberty depends on freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost. Thomas Jefferson

As time marched on a whole lot of people came to see journalism, and journalists, for what they are. John Swinton and James H. Barry barely scratched the surface of today’s press:

There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.

There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.

The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?

We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. John Swinton

XXXXX

"You wish to know my "confidential opinion as to the honesty of the Associated Press." My opinion, not confidential, is that it is the damndest, meanest monopoly on the face of the earth--the wet-nurse for all other monopolies. It lies by day, it lies by night, and it lies for the very lust of lying. Its news-gatherers, I sincerely believe, only obey orders." James H. Barry

Bottom line: Media and democracy are marching arm in arm to the dumper because the public's trust in one cannot survive without trust in the other.
Representation Is a Re-Presentation of Medieval Aristocratic Tyranny

Only Buttboys for the Bosses believe in a republic. Adams was a wannabe Tory and was soundly rejected by the American people, whom you bootlickers of the Plutes Who Wear the Boots despise. Go build a castle on some deserted island and get out of America.

As hinted above and stated by many, when the public figures out that it can (indirectly) vote themselves money and benefits, paid for by others, Democracy is doomed.

So we are there already, folks.
Crunch, Crunch! Squish, Squish!

The majority of voters despise welfare moochers, so you Birchers are lying through your teeth when you insult us that way. Twenty trillion wouldn't have gone down the drain if we, the people, had been allowed to vote on the civil rights of untamed derelicts. It is your 1%'s rule that enfranchised parasitic minorities, not out of sympathy for them but out of fear of the majority. We far outnumber you and your pet minorities won't be able to defend you. We can crush you and your soft gutless heirs like grapes. It's time for us to quit whining and start making wine.

you just have to find them and be smart enough to understand what you are reading.
To DGS49: Exactly so. James Lewis calls it pathological:

In the five months since the election, the media haven't been able to get over getting Trumped. They've gone through the five stages of grief, some of them over and over again, and still The Donald drives them crazy. Hillary was one of the worst candidates in history, but it didn't matter. In our Mass Cult mind, she couldn't lose.

This is a mass media pathology, as we can see from their uncontrolled emotional outbursts. The latest is Comeygate, which looks like a trap Trump laid for James Comey, who came out of the White House babbling that the president had demanded Comey's personal loyalty – a no-no by Watergate standards. But Comey has no Oval Office tapes, so it's his word against Trump's. Comey has no evidence, while making an "impeachable" allegation against POTUS.​

May 15, 2017
The Mass Media Cult Goes Pathological
By James Lewis

Articles: The Mass Media Cult Goes Pathological

Incidentally, if anybody laid a trap for James Comey it was J. Edgar Hoover (1895-1972). There would have been no Comeygate when Hoover was FBI Director. He would have told Hillary Clinton “I will see you indicted and convicted if you run for president.”

Assuming Comey was not working for the Clintons he was not smart enough to avoid the firestorm he created when he gave Hillary a pass:

HILLARY%20JAIL.jpg
http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo89/inskriven/HILLARY JAIL.jpg

th
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.hVbv_i1wfgehaV_B0xavNgEUEs&pid=Api&w=165&h=181

UPDATE

Carlson was pretty good in this clip last night:

VIDEO ▼

Tucker: Hate of Trump has blinded media

but I wish he and everybody else would address the roots of the Left’s hatred for President Trump.

For starters, Trump is the first president the media did not elect. He did not come up through the government ranks —— senator, governor, etc. Even former governor, President Ronald Reagan, got media approval albeit grudgingly.

Aside from the biggest defeat media influence ever suffered:

1. Trump is a the most serious threat the parasite class ever faced.

2. The Left’s hatred of Trump is funded and promoted by the parasite class.

3. Parasites on every economic level fear that Trump might begin dismantling the welfare state.

4. The entertainment industry.

5. Television.

6. The advertising industry.

7. The education industry.

8. The New World Order crowd.

9. The United Nations crowd.

10. Democracy advocates.

The total number of Trump-haters populating my list is miniscule compared to the total population. The number of Trump-haters jumps to about 35 percent of the adult population when you add in:

1. Do-gooders who demand tax dollars to do good for themselves.

2. Illegal aliens.

3. Envious fanatics who can be found in every group that tears down this country for any reason.

Bottom line: To one degree or another the Trump-haters all live on tax dollars —— or they want to live on tax dollars.

The American people would not believe they live in a democracy were it not for journalists repeating the lie as though democracy is set in stone every time they refer to this country as a democracy.
It is only a few bucks, but a single penny taken away from democracy’s vast propaganda apparatus is a victory for the American people:

The Trump administration plans to cut $4.5 million from Radio Free Asia in a move that critics say would sharply reduce Chinese language broadcasts into China by the pro-democracy radio.

XXXXX

RFA as a semi-official radio station is devoted to promoting democracy and freedom in China and Asia. It broadcasts in Burmese, Cantonese, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Mandarin, Tibetan, Uyghur, and Vietnamese on shortwave, medium wave, satellite, television, and the internet.​

Joe Biden was never right about anything. His record remains intact:

William C. Triplett II, a former professional staff member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee who specialized on China, said former Vice President Joe Biden help launch RFA as a senator.

"This is Joe Biden's baby. He wrote the legislation. Will he intervene with Hill Democrats to rescue it or will he let it die? TBD," Triplett stated in an email.​

A spokeswoman for Biden did not respond to an email seeking comment.​

Trump to Cut $4.5 Million from Radio Free Asia
BY: Bill Gertz
June 13, 2017 5:00 am

Trump to Cut $4.5 Million from Radio Free Asia

Forum List

Back