John Stossel: 'Why I Wish The Koch Brothers Spent Even More Money On Politics'...

Ha, Stossel always nails it.

Lots of people sure hate the Koch brothers.

The Kochs get death threats like this: “If I had a chance to murder a Koch brother in cold blood, I would surely take it.”

Jim Dean doesn’t want to kill the Kochs, but he does want new laws to limit their influence. Dean’s brother Howard was a Democratic presidential candidate, and Dean chairs a group called Democracy for America.

“Get money out of politics,” Dean says on my show this week.

But Dean’s not just unhappy because the Kochs have money to throw around. He doesn’t like their politics.

“The Koch brothers are poster boys for everything that is wrong in politics because they spend so much,” he says, and they have extreme goals like “getting rid of Social Security and environmental laws.”

But they don’t. They just think today’s environmental laws go too far, and they want to save Social Security from going broke.

Dean says Social Security “has been one of the best social programs we’ve ever had.” When I point out that it’s unsustainable, he says, “The math works for another 20 years.” Wow. 20 years.

If the Kochs’ views were the same as George Soros’, I don’t think liberals like Dean would complain as much. But Dean claims he’s no hypocrite...

Read More:
Why I wish the Koch brothers spent even more money on politics Fox News

Funny thing is, if they wanted to get rid of Social Security, I would like them even more.
You think Stossel gave up his Social Security and Medicare? He turns 68 this week.

Why should he?

Is it really good that their money gives them such a loud voice in politics? Would you want them to have so much influence if you disagreed with them?

You say that but have no comment on the billion plus that unions spend, you didn't read the article did ya?

Yes, the Communists/Progressives have Soros, and others have the Koch Brothers. Nothing wrong with that. That's America.
The Koch's spending and organization makes Soros look like an amateur.

Soros' reach is more global in scope. He has more influence overall. The Koch Brothers provide a balance. Nothing wrong with that.

Approving of one and opposing the other is really approval for all of it

Well, you're not a member of the Ruling Class Elite Club. So your opinion actually doesn't matter much. Ask your fellow Communist/Progressive Democrat Elites whether or not they enjoy Soros' cash flowing in. Pretty sure they approve.

You say that but have no comment on the billion plus that unions spend, you didn't read the article did ya?

Yes, the Communists/Progressives have Soros, and others have the Koch Brothers. Nothing wrong with that. That's America.

Soros' reach is more global in scope. He has more influence overall. The Koch Brothers provide a balance. Nothing wrong with that.

Well, you're not a member of the Ruling Class Elite Club. So your opinion actually doesn't matter much. Ask your fellow Communist/Progressive Democrat Elites whether or not they enjoy Soros' cash flowing in. Pretty sure they approve.

This is about you...not them.

This is about you...not them.

You not approving, doesn't mean they'll stop accepting his cash. But i disagree with you on that. I despise Soros and his Communist/Progressive agenda, but i don't have a problem with him spending his own money supporting those who share his political beliefs. I feel the same way about the Kochs.

Forum List

Back