John Cougar Mellencamp, 72, Speaks Out for Biden at Concert, Audience Forces Him to Close Show Early

That’s sad, I like John mellencamp music…I thought for sure with his rustic upbringing, living in indiana, being a big supporter of farms and farming, I kinda thought he would have been more neutral. Who would have known he was a Republican hating liberal..

Oh well, he’s still a good musician…
I didn't know that you had to be a Republican to be a supporter of family farms, which Mellencamp has been doing for the past 30 yrs.

I didn't know that you had to be a Republican to be a supporter of family farms, which Mellencamp has been doing for the past 30 yrs.

I never said you had to, I said I thought he would be more neutral.

Most farmers, it seems, lean right, or more right-ish…so I just assumed John, because of his midwestern upbringing, and his work and support for farmers, would have been more of a center of the road guy.

Nothing wrong with that, I still like his music, just a tad bit surprised is all

I never said you had to, I said I thought he would be more neutral.

Most farmers, it seems, lean right, or more right-ish…so I just assumed John, because of his midwestern upbringing, and his work and support for farmers, would have been more of a center of the road guy.

Nothing wrong with that, I still like his music, just a tad bit surprised is all
Considering his support for family farms I don't think it matters which way he leans.

If the show was ended early, I wonder if the fans who came demanded their money back, especially if a good enough deal of his stage time was spent going on about other things and not what the fans came to hear which of course was the music that made him famous.

God bless you and him and his fans in that crowd always!!!

Holly

What a dumbass, John Meloncamp. He is an entertainer who has a good brand, good product. Why inject politics which you know is very divisive. When Michael Jordan was getting heat from Democrats back during his rise as to why he wasn’t getting more involved with Democrats, his response: “because Republicans buy sneakers, too.”

Forum List

Back