Joe's VP Picke?

AmericanGirl05

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2012
Our nation's capital
Joe's VP Selection:

Although only VP has affected the outcome of a Presidential race so far -- and that one is debatable (LBJ in 1960), I think that it is possible for a VP selection to change the way voters view the candidate and thus could have an effect on the election. Especially in this election where it is patently obvious that Joe doesn't have it anymore (if he ever did) and certainly can't go the 4 year distance, given his obvious mental decline in the preceding 4 years.

He's limited his choice to a minority woman, he says, and since Elizabeth Warren is being vetted, I guess he believes the Indian story. But I digress. Here is how I see the potential candidates:

1. Susan Rice. The one the Obama want. She'd be doing Obama's bidding. Plus she's Establishment all the way. Her baggage: the 4 talk shows of lies in one day, so bad that Obama had to renege on appointing her SOS. She's never held elective office -- and it shows. Finally, the reason they are holding back is because they are waiting to see what Durham has, and when it will surface, to see what a liability she would be. I don't for a minute believe the WaPo's statement that they are putting her name out there to vet her for a higher Cabinet position. That's BS. She's already at that level for them.

She's the Obama plant and the only question is what will Durham produce.

2. Kamala Harris -- Joe hates her, with reason. But more importantly to his handlers, she's a prosecutor and a tough one and in the days of BLM, that's a nonstarter. She's not going to excite the African American base to turn out for her. I think Kamala, although on paper the best of the group, is not it.

3. Karen Bass -- Leaving aside the issue of House members (and Mayors) being second tier for VP selections, I found it interesting that this woman vaulted to the top tier of speculation this week. And then the revelations about her compliments to Scientology and her trips to Cuba in the 70s and her lauding of Castro. A recent lauding. Plus the hints of a Commie background. Yeah, progressives may excuse her coziness with the Cuban Commies, but voters in South Florida won't. She's toast.

4. Tammy Duckworth -- An intellectual lightweight (none of the above can be accused of that) who opens her mouth before thinking. Like her comments about conservatives and protestors. Anyone who would put this woman second in line to the Presidency does not deserve to be elected President. Joe is smarter. Today, he's smarter.

5. Val Demings and the Mayor of Atlanta -- As I said above, clearly second tier candidates. Run for higher office or get appointed to the Cabinet and then we'll see next time.

6. Stacey Abrams -- I thought she wasn't being considered, then I see stuff where she is being considered. But seriously, folks, if you were Joe, do you think this woman would have your back or would you be afraid to turn around?

7. Hillary Clinton -- Yeah, I know. She's not being considered. BUT, does she have enough juice to force herself on the ticket? After all, it might be the only way she achieves what she has been working for and sacrificing for all her life. Other than that, see above comments on Stacey Abrams. Applies here with spades.

8. Amy Klobhochar -- In a normal world, she'd be the choice. Except for that tiny little problem of Minnesota and being a prosecutor. Disqualified.

9. Mayor Pete -- He's not a woman. But he is a minority, sort of. Has Susan Rice's Establishment credentials without the high level experience. And not only is he not a woman but he had rocky relationships with the minority community as Mayor. But in a normal year, like Amy, might have been a contender.

10. Elizabeth Warren -- The progressives' dream. And may be the default choice if they can't go with Rice. Definite liability, though, policy-wise. Will alienate the Trump Democrats for sure. But who's left?

Be interested in some substantive commentary on my views here.

Good analysis. All the White candidates are out because they fail the most important test of all. Wrong skin color. I don't see Harris or Rice too much baggage. With Abrams I'll just say it, she's too fat and whined too much about her loss. I'm thinking maybe Bass. The Democrats have fully embraced the Commie platform so I don't see her Cuba comments as disqualifying.

Good analysis. All the White candidates are out because they fail the most important test of all. Wrong skin color. I don't see Harris or Rice too much baggage. With Abrams I'll just say it, she's too fat and whined too much about her loss. I'm thinking maybe Bass. The Democrats have fully embraced the Commie platform so I don't see her Cuba comments as disqualifying.
The national Dems may have embraced Commies but the Cuban Americans in South Florida have not.

She loses Florida. She's out.

The national Dems may have embraced Commies but the Cuban Americans in South Florida have not.

Yeah but that's nothing that some Democrat weasel words can't fix. All they do is deny and clarify, they are masters at it.

Yeah but that's nothing that some Democrat weasel words can't fix. All they do is deny and clarify, they are masters at it.
I don't think so.

But even if you ignore the Commie stuff, there's the Scientology stuff. I've seen progressives on FB knock her for that.

And then it's the House member stature issue.

I was trying to think of something substantial to say but with a slate like that there is not much constructive I can add. All of them are terrible.

However, just look at that clown that Crooked Hillary picked in 2016. A real douche bag. Of course not any better than Obama's pick.

I was trying to think of something substantial to say but with a slate like that there is not much constructive I can add. All of them are terrible.

However, just look at that clown that Crooked Hillary picked in 2016. A real douche bag. Of course not any better than Obama's pick.
Oh, I think Tim Kaine is a drunk. Look at that red face.

Yes, they are all terrible.

Biden is a fucking moron for announcing the only requirements for his VP were: i) are you black and ii) do you have a vagina? How can you not want to apply for a job like that?

He's clearly pandering for black votes, that's a sign of both how great the inroads Trump has made into "automatic" minority democrat voters and how absolutely toxic the American Taliban is to even long abused democrat voters

Biden is a fucking moron for announcing the only requirements for his VP were: i) are you black and ii) do you have a vagina? How can you not want to apply for a job like that?

He's clearly pandering for black votes, that's a sign of both how great the inroads Trump has made into "automatic" minority democrat voters and how absolutely toxic the American Taliban is to even long abused democrat voters

Is it any better when Republicans pick old, white guys again & again? So what, right? :dunno:

He looks like a child molester to me. Crooked Hillary was an idiot to pick him. Pence destroyed him in the debates.

Is it any better when Republicans pick old, white guys again & again? So what, right? :dunno:

White guys are the best guys. A lot better than these low IQ ghetto monkeys we see the Democrats looking at.

Joe's VP Selection:

Although only VP has affected the outcome of a Presidential race so far -- and that one is debatable (LBJ in 1960), I think that it is possible for a VP selection to change the way voters view the candidate and thus could have an effect on the election. Especially in this election where it is patently obvious that Joe doesn't have it anymore (if he ever did) and certainly can't go the 4 year distance, given his obvious mental decline in the preceding 4 years.

He's limited his choice to a minority woman, he says, and since Elizabeth Warren is being vetted, I guess he believes the Indian story. But I digress. Here is how I see the potential candidates:

1. Susan Rice. The one the Obama want. She'd be doing Obama's bidding. Plus she's Establishment all the way. Her baggage: the 4 talk shows of lies in one day, so bad that Obama had to renege on appointing her SOS. She's never held elective office -- and it shows. Finally, the reason they are holding back is because they are waiting to see what Durham has, and when it will surface, to see what a liability she would be. I don't for a minute believe the WaPo's statement that they are putting her name out there to vet her for a higher Cabinet position. That's BS. She's already at that level for them.

2. Kamala Harris -- Joe hates her, with reason. But more importantly to his handlers, she's a prosecutor and a tough one and in the days of BLM, that's a nonstarter. She's not going to excite the African American base to turn out for her. I think Kamala, although on paper the best of the group, is not it.

3. Karen Bass -- Leaving aside the issue of House members (and Mayors) being second tier for VP selections, I found it interesting that this woman vaulted to the top tier of speculation this week. And then the revelations about her compliments to Scientology and her trips to Cuba in the 70s and her lauding of Castro. A recent lauding. Plus the hints of a Commie background. Yeah, progressives may excuse her coziness with the Cuban Commies, but voters in South Florida won't. She's toast.

4. Tammy Duckworth -- An intellectual lightweight (none of the above can be accused of that) who opens her mouth before thinking. Like her comments about conservatives and protestors. Anyone who would put this woman second in line to the Presidency does not deserve to be elected President. Joe is smarter. Today, he's smarter.

5. Val Demings and the Mayor of Atlanta -- As I said above, clearly second tier candidates. Run for higher office or get appointed to the Cabinet and then we'll see next time.

6. Stacey Abrams -- I thought she wasn't being considered, then I see stuff where she is being considered. But seriously, folks, if you were Joe, do you think this woman would have your back or would you be afraid to turn around?

7. Hillary Clinton -- Yeah, I know. She's not being considered. BUT, does she have enough juice to force herself on the ticket? After all, it might be the only way she achieves what she has been working for and sacrificing for all her life. Other than that, see above comments on Stacey Abrams. Applies here with spades.

8. Amy Klobhochar -- In a normal world, she'd be the choice. Except for that tiny little problem of Minnesota and being a prosecutor. Disqualified.

9. Mayor Pete -- He's not a woman. But he is a minority, sort of. Has Susan Rice's Establishment credentials without the high level experience. And not only is he not a woman but he had rocky relationships with the minority community as Mayor. But in a normal year, like Amy, might have been a contender.

10. Elizabeth Warren -- The progressives' dream. And may be the default choice if they can't go with Rice. Definite liability, though, policy-wise. Will alienate the Trump Democrats for sure. But who's left?

I hope it is harris....black Americans can't stand her...

There's only one fuckable mouth on that list, and his name rhymes with Pete.

I say this only half jokingly I don't think Biden is going to have much say in who his VP pick is.

It's not a joke....that is the truth. All he cares about is crossing the finish line and getting the title.......

LoL I forgot who Hillary's pick was. That guy was as goofy as he was goofy looking.

Joe's VP Selection:

I hope it is harris....black Americans can't stand her...
I didn't mention that she's only half black and the black half has more or less disowned her.

I'm betting on Michele Obama.
1. The Chinese want her, so that brings buckets of cash, since Mikey is pissed at his mistreatment, and he's taking his money back home.
2. With Michele you get Barak in the building too. Joe doesn't remember who that is, so it won't matter.
3. Michele has no baggage and would have 4-years to learn the job, with Barak as her coach

Forum List

Back