Joe Barton apologizing to BP

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Republicans, with your vote on Tuesday you put Joe Barton in charge of the House Energy subcomittee.

Who is Joe Barton? He's the guy that apologized to BP on national televsion after they dumped 2 million barrels of oil in the Gulf.

Check out the clip at this link....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sZ9WHzZP1A&feature=fvw[/ame]

So you're ignoring the fact that Halliburton has also now been found liable? Your obsessional whining about BP is noted, and dismissed as obsessional whining.

And.... BP are back in profit. Ha Ha!

Republicans, with your vote on Tuesday you put Joe Barton in charge of the House Energy subcomittee.

Who is Joe Barton? He's the guy that apologized to BP on national televsion after they dumped 2 million barrels of oil in the Gulf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sZ9WHzZP1A&feature=fvw

Is he apologizing to a person for how he had been treated or is he apologizing to a company?
can you be honest?

Is he apologizing to a person for how he had been treated or is he apologizing to a company?
can you be honest?

That performance was a national embarrassment. Our representatives treated Hayward like a criminal. They were rude, made statements that had no basis in fact and all of it for political grandstanding.

The way Americans reacted to the Gulf Spill was also embarrassing. Howling like a bunch of fucking banshees without bothering to wait for the facts to emerge. Sometimes, I am ashamed of my fellow Americans - and the BP fiasco was one of them.

In the months since, there has been so much bullshit in the media that it's close to impossible to differentiate fact from supposition. But, the facts are there for anyone who prefers to comment from an intelligent, educated viewpoint.

can you be honest?

That performance was a national embarrassment. Our representatives treated Hayward like a criminal. They were rude, made statements that had no basis in fact and all of it for political grandstanding.

The way Americans reacted to the Gulf Spill was also embarrassing. Howling like a bunch of fucking banshees without bothering to wait for the facts to emerge. Sometimes, I am ashamed of my fellow Americans - and the BP fiasco was one of them.

In the months since, there has been so much bullshit in the media that it's close to impossible to differentiate fact from supposition. But, the facts are there for anyone who prefers to comment from an intelligent, educated viewpoint.

I am ashamed of you.

BP has more environmental and safety violations than anyone. They have a corporate culture of not caring about the safety of their workers or the environment. This led to the death of 11 oil workers and the spilling of 2 million barrels of oil in the Gulf. And Barton apologized to the president of BP. Why? Because Barton used to work for BP and received enormous amounts of oil money in the form of campaign contributions.

And yes, Hayward is a criminal. 11 people died.

Last edited:

can you be honest?

defending bp? defending halliburton? holy god. they shouldve all been shot, and their estates confiscated and handed out to everyone effected directly by the disaster.

So you're ignoring the fact that Halliburton has also now been found liable? Your obsessional whining about BP is noted, and dismissed as obsessional whining.

dont bother chris the moron with facts.
he is devoid of, and impervious to facts.

Last edited:

Dumb Blonde + Diver with brain damage = 2 Returds from the village of idiots.

Sorry, the truth of you two had to come out sooner than later.................:lol:

i dont know...you have to be pretty heartless or just stupid to defend the people and the corporations responsible for what happened.

Seems to me that it's a good idea to put someone on the energy committee that understands the importance of energy and American jobs in the energy industry rather than someone who would, without an investigation, blame everything and everyone at a company as if they were intentionally trying to pollute the waters rather than making a monumental effort to clean it up and/or threaten to terminate the jobs of the Americans working for said company as some sort of punishment.

There is nothing wrong with drilling for oil. In fact, I am glad that many companies do. See I like having food and warmth.

Sorry, the truth of you two had to come out sooner than later.................:lol:
fuck off you pathetic moron

Transcript:

I'm speaking now totally for myself. I'm not speaking for the Republican Party, I'm not speaking for anybody in the House of Representatives but myself. But I'm ashamed of what happened in the White House yesterday. I think it is a tragedy of the first proportion that a private corporation could be subjected to what I would characterize as a shakedown--in this case, a $20 billion shakedown--with the attorney general of the United States, who is legitimately conducting a criminal investigation, and has every right to do so to protect the interests of the American people, participating in what amounts to a $20 billion slush fund that's unprecedented in our nation's history, that's got no legal standing, and which sets, I think, a terrible precedent for the future ... There is no question that BP is liable for the damages. But we have a due process system where we go through hearings, in some cases court cases, litigation, and determine what those damages are and when those damages should be paid. So I'm only speaking for myself, I'm not speaking for anybody else, but I apologize. I do not want to live in a country where any time a citizen or a corporation does something that is legitimately wrong, he's subjected to some sort of political pressure that is again, in my words, amounts to a shakedown. So I apologize.

Let me see if I understand you.

You are upset because the President of the United States ignored the Constitution and used the threat of the government coming down on a person who admits he made a mistake and demands money for a slush fund. Just a quick question so I can understand your position, would you stand up and condemn Barney Frank for apologizing to the New Black Panthers if Bush had called them in and extorted money from them after they were caught intimidating voters in Philly?

My guess is no, because the truth is that you are not really outraged by what happened, you are outraged because a Republican beat your messiah to the apology. Obama has spent most of his first year in office apologizing for everything else, and you wanted him to get this one in before anyone else had a chance.

can you be honest?

defending bp? defending halliburton? holy god. they shouldve all been shot, and their estates confiscated and handed out to everyone effected directly by the disaster.

I see we have another idiot who thinks that he is a patriot, while doing his best to toss away the foundation of everything that real patriots have fought for since the beginning of history.

i dont know...you have to be pretty heartless or just stupid to defend the people and the corporations responsible for what happened.

He defended no one, he apologized because people like you think that the Constitution is only a piece of paper and has no impact in the real world.

Yep, I'm so stupid that, when the board was howling for the blood of BP Execs, I said that Haliburton would eventually also be found liable. I was right.

I also stated... and I will repeat it here... that the people who will never be held to account are those within our own government who were the ones most responsible for this catastrophe. However, please don't let facts get in the way of your whining and name-calling. Being called an idiot by a moron is no big deal.

can you be honest?

Under what law should they have been 'shot'? And how does the US legal confiscate property of individual or companies? Eminent domain does not give the US Government the ability to steal the property of the foreign citizens or multi-national companies.

Fucking hysterical moron.

Let's face it. RepubliCON$. Simply. Do. Not. Care.

"Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!!!"

Forum List

Back