JK Rowling Airbrushed From Pop Culture Museum’s Harry Potter Display For “Transphobic Views”

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
If you ever needed more evidence that the "Me Too" movement was a complete and total fraud and that the political left cares little for women. They can try and erase Rowling all they want, but she'll always be synonymous with the Harry Potter series and given that she's a billionaire, she'll always be getting the last laugh.

A US museum has removed all trace of Harry Potter creator JK Rowling from its exhibition celebrating the schoolboy wizard and his friends.

The Museum of Pop Culture in Seattle had previously published a blog explaining its decision to airbrush Rowling from its display, due to her “super hateful and divisive” views.

If you ever needed more evidence that the "Me Too" movement was a complete and total fraud and that the political left cares little for women. They can try and erase Rowling all they want, but she'll always be synonymous with the Harry Potter series and given that she's a billionaire, she'll always be getting the last laugh.

A US museum has removed all trace of Harry Potter creator JK Rowling from its exhibition celebrating the schoolboy wizard and his friends.

The Museum of Pop Culture in Seattle had previously published a blog explaining its decision to airbrush Rowling from its display, due to her “super hateful and divisive” views.

You can try but never erase history.

“cold, heartless, joy-sucking entity"​

Wow. I just never got that from the bits and pieces of the Harry Potter stuff I've seen!

Typically funny though how the very same people who are lividly and violently Trump-phobic and MAGA-phobic rail when it is something THEY care about like their pet mentally-imbalanced, dysphoric, emotionally-disturbed, confused, depressed and mixed up trans-people.

Can't wait to see my prediction come true that the real aim of the left is to decriminalize and normalize pedophilia.

And they are nearly there.

People also completely wipe out the fact that if it wasn't for her Harry Potter wouldn't even exist. Transphobic my butt btw. 🙄

This museum's use of the Harry Potter materials, without crediting the author, amounts to a form of cultural plagiarism. I'll stop short of saying that this should be illegal (though I think that Ms. Rowling ought to have standing to sue over uncredited use of her works), but it is certainly dishonest and unethical.

I can't help but wonder if she is getting royalties from that museum for that display. If she is opposed to their actions, she should just raise the price on the royalties or pull the licensing.

opart.enlarge.jpg

LOL. Yeah, just like the left to cancel out the very person responsible for Harry Potter, just as they want to cancel out our founding fathers.

Well, meh.

Having never read a word of the silly Harry Potter fad, I have no doubt that her acclaim in the pop culture market was a mere flash in the pan, but the woman is still entitled to her opinion.

I am awaiting the glorious day when the adults once again are in charge of the show and when we choose to read children's books for entertainment, we'll choose the likes of the amazing CS Lewis, from which we can proceed to some actual adult reading.

Yours,
OPJQ

Wow. I just never got that from the bits and pieces of the Harry Potter stuff I've seen!

Typically funny though how the very same people who are lividly and violently Trump-phobic and MAGA-phobic rail when it is something THEY care about like their pet mentally-imbalanced, dysphoric, emotionally-disturbed, confused, depressed and mixed up trans-people.

Can't wait to see my prediction come true that the real aim of the left is to decriminalize and normalize pedophilia.

And they are nearly there.

Nearly there?

“Me Too” was extremely believable until Tara Reade came along. She single-handedly dismantled “Me Too” in two shakes of a lamb's tail.

I have no doubt that her acclaim in the pop culture market was a mere flash in the pan
HP is more than just a flash in the pan. I think Rowling will become a C.S. Lewis over time. HP was my daughters introduction to "chapter books" and it made an avid reader of her. She couldn't wait for the most recent offering. Her daughter is also taken with the series. Many folks--my Baptist preacher nephew being one, believe the books are a weapon of the devil and refuses to let his kids read them. I think that if a book holds a young reader's interest, it is a good book.

This museum's use of the Harry Potter materials, without crediting the author, amounts to a form of cultural plagiarism. I'll stop short of saying that this should be illegal (though I think that Ms. Rowling ought to have standing to sue over uncredited use of her works), but it is certainly dishonest and unethical.

Actually I do believe that somebody told me that if she sold all of her rights then copyright doesn't matter anymore. Although it should, and I agree with you one hundred percent.

HP is more than just a flash in the pan. I think Rowling will become a C.S. Lewis over time. HP was my daughters introduction to "chapter books" and it made an avid reader of her. She couldn't wait for the most recent offering. Her daughter is also taken with the series. Many folks--my Baptist preacher nephew being one, believe the books are a weapon of the devil and refuses to let his kids read them. I think that if a book holds a young reader's interest, it is a good book.

I hope you're right about Ms. Rowling having that potential. It's something to look forward to. Thanks for your post!

Forum List

Back