Jimmy Carter says reelection of Trump would be a 'disaster'

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The former commander-in-chief, speaking at a town hall at the Carter Center in Atlanta Tuesday night, said he had not decided yet who he would vote for, but noted he voted for Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders over Hillary Clinton during the 2016 Democratic primary.

Bernie Sanders only improvement was that he didn't fall down, and shake a lot.

The 39th president didn't mention any Democratic candidates by name at the town hall when he was asked if he might consider running for a second, non-consecutive term.
"I hope there is an age limit," he said. "You know, if I were just 80 years old, if I were 15 years younger, I don't believe I could undertake the duties that I experienced when I was President."

What are you babbling about, Jim? You couldn't 43 years ago either.

Jimmy Carter: Trump reelection would be a 'disaster' - CNNPolitics

mdk

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I tend to take these dramatic predictions of impeding disaster with an incredibly small grain of salt.

Thinker101

Gold Member
Reaction score
The former commander-in-chief, speaking at a town hall at the Carter Center in Atlanta Tuesday night, said he had not decided yet who he would vote for, but noted he voted for Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders over Hillary Clinton during the 2016 Democratic primary.

The 39th president didn't mention any Democratic candidates by name at the town hall when he was asked if he might consider running for a second, non-consecutive term.
"I hope there is an age limit," he said. "You know, if I were just 80 years old, if I were 15 years younger, I don't believe I could undertake the duties that I experienced when I was President."

Well, he's right....a disaster for the liberal left.

Indeependent

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Is that donkey still trying to get the carrot!?

iceberg

Gold Member
Reaction score
well if anyone knows the results of a disastrous election first hand, it would be carter.

westwall

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it would be to the progressive attempt to subvert this country

Compost

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've never forgiven that killer rabbit for not finishing the job.

iceberg

Gold Member
Reaction score

LordBrownTrout

Gold Member
Reaction score

iceberg

Gold Member
Reaction score
Jimmeh. Hey, he did one good thing. Homebrew!
wasn't that billy?
Jimmeh made it legal on a federal level, left it to the states to decide. You're thinking about billy beer, which was awful.
i couldn't get past the black and white label on the can. we drank schaffer before that crap.
Lol, id prefer schaffer, as horrible as that sounds.
we used to take the last can of beer, shake it up and throw it in the air to watch it pop and spin when it hit the ground.

schaffer just landed with a thud and slow leak.

Terri4Trump

Gold Member
Reaction score

Carter was the worst president of the 20th century, hands down.

WillPower

Gold Member
Reaction score
Once by mistake I put a Carter Quarter (it was a dollar) in a vending machine and not only didn't I get the coke or whatever I was after but it stuck in the coin return and shut down the machine....that's our Jimmy for ya. :eusa_snooty:

Frannie

Gold Member
Reaction score

Jimmy Carter ask his 9 year old daughter how to handle nukes

Claudette

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Carter was the worst President this country ever had and for him to throw rocks at Trump is just this side of ridiculous.

The country's doing pretty damned good right now. Much better than when Carter was POTUS.

I remember those years. Inflation through the roof and gas shortages. Hell I voted for him and it was the worst vote I ever cast.

WillPower

Gold Member
Reaction score
Carter was the worst President this country ever had and for him to throw rocks at Trump is just this side of ridiculous.

The country's doing pretty damned good right now. Much better than when Carter was POTUS.

I remember those years. Inflation through the roof and gas shortages. Hell I voted for him and it was the worst vote I ever cast.
Don't feel all alone...I voted for him too...the last democrat I ever voted for . I disagree about the worst president in my lifetime...that would be LBJ, closely followed by Bush41. One didn't have the balls to win a war and the other didn't have the balls to finish one. Clinton probably did the most damage by selling the Chi-coms our missile telemetry secrets for campaign cash....I hope both he and i live to see him walk up the gallows' steps for that.

Claudette

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Don't feel all alone...I voted for him too...the last democrat I ever voted for . I disagree about the worst president in my lifetime...that would be LBJ, closely followed by Bush41. One didn't have the balls to win a war and the other didn't have the balls to finish one. Clinton probably did the most damage by selling the Chi-coms our missile telemetry secrets for campaign cash....I hope both he and i live to see him walk up the gallows' steps for that.
He was the last Dem I voted for as well and I agree LBJ was bad and I think he had a lot to do with Kennedy's assassination.

Most reactions - Past 7 days