Jews kicked out

I

Indofred

BBC News - Jews forced to leave Guatemala village

Some 230 members of an Orthodox Jewish group have begun leaving a village in western Guatemala after a bitter row with the local indigenous community.

The Lev Tahor members were asked to leave San Juan La Laguna after meetings with elders of the Mayan community.

The elders accused the Jews of shunning the villagers and imposing their religion and customs.

Well, gosh, what a shock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im an atheist, but my experiences with jewish people have always been positive. Muslims on the other hand suck. They are filthy vermin.

Im an atheist, but my experiences with jewish people have always been positive. Muslims on the other hand suck. They are filthy vermin.

I'm sure you're correct and Muslims are behind all the problems Jews keep having.
The bloody Romans were really Muslims.

BBC News - Jews forced to leave Guatemala village

Some 230 members of an Orthodox Jewish group have begun leaving a village in western Guatemala after a bitter row with the local indigenous community.

The Lev Tahor members were asked to leave San Juan La Laguna after meetings with elders of the Mayan community.

The elders accused the Jews of shunning the villagers and imposing their religion and customs.

Well, gosh, what a shock.

Yes, the Jews have been getting that bilge for thousands of years no matter what country they are in.

This is a totally natural knee-jerk reaction to a people with core ethnic identity as a minority group. That does not make it right or justifiable.

[
This is a totally natural knee-jerk reaction to a people with core ethnic identity as a minority group. That does not make it right or justifiable.

Has this happened to other ethnic groups over four thousands years, or is it only Jews this problem effects?
If only one group experiences this problem in pretty much every place the go, it's less likely to be the whole world at fault, more likely to be the group in question.

Yes, the Jews have been getting that bilge for thousands of years no matter what country they are in.

Will be interesting to see if the Mayans show the Catholics the door as well.

Will be interesting to see if the Mayans show the Catholics the door as well.

US economic sanctions against Guatemala should be considered. I have no clue as to the percentage of my "positive" experience with those of the Jewish faith v. Muslims; though I can recall no negative experiences with anyone Jewish....except a few brief moments with my high school advanced math teacher, whom I still love. He was hard on me.....................later said: "You kept talking about wanting to go to Harvard, I had to beat Math Analysis in your brain".

He started the gifted program, and squeezed enough money out of the school administration so we could take a couple classes at UF between out Junior & Senior years........in my poor county..................now that seems like a miracle.

US economic sanctions against Guatemala should be considered.

Why, because one small group of people decided they couldn't stand someone that the rest of the world has done the same to over four thousands years.
That includes attacks on Jews in America, all committed over a very long time.

I have no clue.

True

Forum List

Back