Jewish settlers damage Palestinian tractors in Nablus village

Doesn't it seem a little odd that 99.9% of reports like this come from PIC with no definitive photos, statements from un-identified witnesses. "They said this..." ,"They sad that....." Every Tom, Dick and Abdul has a camera or a phone and they could take stills or videos. I never see any. Every news agency has stringers and camera men all over the world, AP, UPI, Reuters and a whole shitload of other reputable news sources but one never sees a foot of film or a series of stills from those august bodies. All the pictures shown are of a very small area. I guess "They say" is sufficient proof. So that's why I chide Tinmore and all the other suckers and don't bother to discuss hearsay.

AP, UPI, Reuters and a whole shitload of other reputable news sources

Indeed, and all of them have their office in Israel. None in Palestine.

That shows a basic bias.
How does that make a difference? They're neutral and not partisan.

There is NO news site that is neutral or not partisan or biased in some way.

That shows a basic bias.
How does that make a difference? They're neutral and not partisan.

There is NO news site that is neutral or not partisan or biased in some way.

I have seen and read news sources that are either pro-Israeli or pro-Palestinian. The Palestinian "news sources", though, aren't just pro-Palestinian--they make stuff up and blatantly lie.

Doesn't it seem a little odd that 99.9% of reports like this come from PIC with no definitive photos, statements from un-identified witnesses. "They said this..." ,"They sad that....." Every Tom, Dick and Abdul has a camera or a phone and they could take stills or videos. I never see any. Every news agency has stringers and camera men all over the world, AP, UPI, Reuters and a whole shitload of other reputable news sources but one never sees a foot of film or a series of stills from those august bodies. All the pictures shown are of a very small area. I guess "They say" is sufficient proof. So that's why I chide Tinmore and all the other suckers and don't bother to discuss hearsay.

AP, UPI, Reuters and a whole shitload of other reputable news sources

That shows a basic bias.
And how many articles really are sympathetic to Israel, Tinnie? Actually when you look at the articles in the big city newspapers which use these news sources, one would think that the reporters are very pro Palestinian.

I notice that when there is a report in traditional media there is a distinct trend. If it's an Israeli civilian killed, we know their names, their families, we see baby pictures - family stories. If it's a Palistiian, we're lucky to get names and seldom is there any personal info.

With one - we get the feeling they're a person.

With the other, they're just another Palistinian and most likely a trouble maker.

Please give specifics on when Israeli media lied about situations on a scale and degree comparable to inveting a 'massacre' in Jenin, the faked 'direct hit on an ambulance' with subsequent fire (survived by injured passenger and driver both), the 'homone laden chewing gum' purportedly given to Egyptian schoolgirls in the Sinai by Israeli troops, the Mossad sharks...... and there are more well-documented examples of 'official' accounts which have since been completely debunked.

After you've shown some credible proof of 'official' Israeli media flat-out lies, we can discuss those 'equivalencies' of which certain purported 'progressives' seem so fond.

Please give specifics on when Israeli media lied about situations on a scale and degree comparable to inveting a 'massacre' in Jenin, the faked 'direct hit on an ambulance' with subsequent fire (survived by injured passenger and driver both), the 'homone laden chewing gum' purportedly given to Egyptian schoolgirls in the Sinai by Israeli troops, the Mossad sharks...... and there are more well-documented examples of 'official' accounts which have since been completely debunked.

After you've shown some credible proof of 'official' Israeli media flat-out lies, we can discuss those 'equivalencies' of which certain purported 'progressives' seem so fond.

Are you asking me?

I've made no references or claims about those situations.

That shows a basic bias.
And how many articles really are sympathetic to Israel, Tinnie? Actually when you look at the articles in the big city newspapers which use these news sources, one would think that the reporters are very pro Palestinian.

I notice that when there is a report in traditional media there is a distinct trend. If it's an Israeli civilian killed, we know their names, their families, we see baby pictures - family stories. If it's a Palistiian, we're lucky to get names and seldom is there any personal info.

With the other, they're just another Palistinian and most likely a trouble maker.
I don't know what newspapers you are reading, but I don't see reports telling names of children who have been wounded or harmed. Don't forget the newspapers also report not only on the Middle East but also other parts of the world. Meanwhile, isn't it strange that there are organizations telling us all about the Palestinian children killed (with their names and ages), but no organizations of the same type who are giving us the same information about the Hindus, Buddhists, Christians and even the children whose parents belonged to different Muslim sects. How comes these so-called "humanitarians" don't feel it is worthwhile to report on these children? Don't they count if the Jews are not involved?

Pakistan car bombing at food center kills 17 - latimes.com

Tell me, what is the name of this little boy who was killed? The names of the Buddhist children killed in Southern Thailand are never given.

Motorcycle bomb kills 1 boy, wounds 10 in Thailand's restive south

I don't know what newspapers you are reading, but I don't see reports telling names of children who have been wounded or harmed. Don't forget the newspapers also report not only on the Middle East but also other parts of the world. Meanwhile, isn't it strange that there are organizations telling us all about the Palestinian children killed (with their names and ages), but no organizations of the same type who are giving us the same information about the Hindus, Buddhists, Christians and even the children whose parents belonged to different Muslim sects. How comes these so-called "humanitarians" don't feel it is worthwhile to report on these children? Don't they count if the Jews are not involved?

Tell me, what is the name of this little boy who was killed? The names of the Buddhist children killed in Southern Thailand are never given.

Good point.

My guess is that it's not because they are Jews but that we identify with them more culturally - they are white, of primarily western/European culture and less foreign than Africans, Arabs, and others.

"My guess is that it's not because they are Jews but that we identify with them more culturally - they are white, of primarily western/European culture and less foreign than Africans, Arabs, and others."
That's the non-Jewish perception of Israeli Jews - but how accurate is that?

Latest Population Statistics for Israel (September 2012)

Immigration & Naturalization

Israel welcomed 16,892 new immigrants as citizens during 2011, an increase of 1.5% from 2010. The largest immigrant nationalities were: Russia (3,678); Ethiopia (2,666); the United States (2,363); Ukraine (2,051); and, France (1,775). There were only 2.7 immigrants for every 1,000 Israeli citizens.

The Ethiopian immigration, in particular, has experienced a large increase - in 2009, only 239 Ethiopians emigrated to Israel.

4.3 million (73%) of the total Jewish population are "Sabras" - born in Israel - compared with just a 35% native-born population at Israel's independence in 1948. 38.6% of the Jewish population are Israeli-born to at least one parent who was also Israeli-born.

Those of European and American ancestry make up about 2.2 million (36%) of the Jewish population while Africans fill out another 14.5% and Asians are 11.2%.

Last edited:
"My guess is that it's not because they are Jews but that we identify with them more culturally - they are white, of primarily western/European culture and less foreign than Africans, Arabs, and others."

Israel welcomed 16,892 new immigrants as citizens during 2011, an increase of 1.5% from 2010. The largest immigrant nationalities were: Russia (3,678); Ethiopia (2,666); the United States (2,363); Ukraine (2,051); and, France (1,775). There were only 2.7 immigrants for every 1,000 Israeli citizens.

The Ethiopian immigration, in particular, has experienced a large increase - in 2009, only 239 Ethiopians emigrated to Israel.

4.3 million (73%) of the total Jewish population are "Sabras" - born in Israel - compared with just a 35% native-born population at Israel's independence in 1948. 38.6% of the Jewish population are Israeli-born to at least one parent who was also Israeli-born.

Those of European and American ancestry make up about 2.2 million (36%) of the Jewish population while Africans fill out another 14.5% and Asians are 11.2%.

Those of European and American ancestry make up about 2.2 million (36%)....

A significant chunk and a culture that is largely western - and, that is how much of the US and Europe views them regardless of actual demographics.

They are culturally easier to relate to than Saudi's for example.

Are you asking me?

I've made no references or claims about those situations.

Your comment about 'that's not confined to pro-Palestinian sources' about flat out lying and making stuff up, is what sounded like such a reference to me. Those are each specific incidents which involved gross distortion and complete fabrication by 'pro-Palestinian' sources'. I wanted to see which examples you could come up with for the Israeli media.

If the pro-Assad' sources are to be believed, the Syrian rebels have used 'chemical weapons' in the war......

A significant chunk and a culture that is largely western - and, that is how much of the US and Europe views them regardless of actual demographics.

What's missing from the stats is this: the LARGEST population group of Jewish Israelis is NOT those of European/'American' descent. 36+14.5 = 50.5% , + 11.2% = 61.7% accounted for.... Subtract that percentage from 100% = 39.3% otherwise unaccounted for,

Those 39.3% are NON-European Jews: Sephardi and Mizrachi Jews from N.Africa and the ME - and they are as 'foreign' to American/European (Western Europe!) culture as their Muslim and other former neighbors.

They, incidentally, are the ones that the haters who call me a 'Jew' (as in 'not really a Jew') DO recognize as actual 'genetic' Jews. And yes, my Sephardi and Mizrachi relatives recognize me as a Jew - and their POV is the meaningful one : ))

People need to stop calling my Israeli cousins 'invaders' and 'colonialists' and such nonsense: they aren't 'European' or 'American', they are Israelis. And there's nothing wrong with being an Israeli.

Last edited:

Good point.

My guess is that it's not because they are Jews but that we identify with them more culturally - they are white, of primarily western/European culture and less foreign than Africans, Arabs, and others.
I don't agree with that. People who are true humanitarians don't care what religion, ethnicity or race the oppressed are. Do you think that those Americans who send in money to relief organizations such as UNICEF or C.A.R.E. really mind that our money is going to help unfortunate Africans or Muslims in places like Pakistan? All they see is people in need regardless of who they are. That these so-called humanitarians only report on what is happening in the Israeli/Palestine area and nowhere else tells an awful lot about them. Do you really think they are busy trying to make others aware of how the Syrian refugees are faring miserably or to even raise funds to help the Syrian refugees

Good point.

Dickface, where are all the organizations publishing names of Hindu, Buddhist, and Christian children killed by Muslims, like the one's that publish Jews killing Palestinians?

Good point.

Dickface, where are all the organizations publishing names of Hindu, Buddhist, and Christian children killed by Muslims, like the one's that publish Jews killing Palestinians?

Have you removed your cranium from your rectum? Good. Now wipe the brown stuff from your eyes.

Can you talk now? Cool :cool:

Perhaps you can explain to me what the hell you are talking about and how it relates to what I said?:cuckoo:

I don't agree with that. People who are true humanitarians don't care what religion, ethnicity or race the oppressed are. Do you think that those Americans who send in money to relief organizations such as UNICEF or C.A.R.E. really mind that our money is going to help unfortunate Africans or Muslims in places like Pakistan? All they see is people in need regardless of who they are. That these so-called humanitarians only report on what is happening in the Israeli/Palestine area and nowhere else tells an awful lot about them. Do you really think they are busy trying to make others aware of how the Syrian refugees are faring miserably or to even raise funds to help the Syrian refugees

You could be right.

But - why is it that newspapers give short shrift to families in the Congo vs. I/P for example?

I admit - I could be wrong in my thinking here. Much of the news I get is from NPR and there is a lot of coverage of multiple sides of issues and interviews with real people caught up in conflicts. The few times go to main stream media - it seems less so. For example (this is generalizing) - we heard endlessly about whats-her-face, that went missing in Aruba, who was pretty, talented, blonde - and almost nothing about hundreds of similar cases of black or hispanic missing kids. So that is why I wonder - do we identify more with those we feel culturally closer to?

What's missing from the stats is this: the LARGEST population group of Jewish Israelis is NOT those of European/'American' descent. 36+14.5 = 50.5% , + 11.2% = 61.7% accounted for.... Subtract that percentage from 100% = 39.3% otherwise unaccounted for,

Those 39.3% are NON-European Jews: Sephardi and Mizrachi Jews from N.Africa and the ME - and they are as 'foreign' to American/European (Western Europe!) culture as their Muslim and other former neighbors.

They, incidentally, are the ones that the haters who call me a 'Jew' (as in 'not really a Jew') DO recognize as actual 'genetic' Jews. And yes, my Sephardi and Mizrachi relatives recognize me as a Jew - and their POV is the meaningful one : ))

People need to stop calling my Israeli cousins 'invaders' and 'colonialists' and such nonsense: they aren't 'European' or 'American', they are Israelis. And there's nothing wrong with being an Israeli.

Good point.

And you know Marg....I think they also need to quit calling the Palestinians invaders.

We have two groups of people with roots there, who have been there for multiple generations now. Israel is not going to go away. The Palestinians are not going to go away.

We need just and humane resolutions for both of them because they are there to stay.

NABLUS, (PIC)-- Jewish settlers raided the outskirts of Burin village, near Nablus, on Monday morning and damaged a number of tractors used by Palestinian farmers in tending to their land.
Did palistanian settlers produce papers confirming legal ownership of those alleged tractors?

Forum List

Back