Jeb Bush's solution to unwed mothers--public shaming

Obama told his literary agent that he was born in Kenya, and the literary agent distributed that information to publishers.

The Vetting - Exclusive - Obama s Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii - Breitbart

Why don't you and your liberal jerk wad friends explain that?
We've explained it 100 thousand times...why don't you google it yourself...google and see what the asst editor who wrote the blip on Obama says about it....and how she made the mistake herself....

Jeb Bush In 1995 Unwed Mothers Should Be Publicly Shamed

And, in spite of years of having to learn over and over again, that it is NOT a good idea to run for office while conducting war on women, another GOP candidate does it again.

Now, folks, if people come to the conclusion that Jeb is not as smart as Bush II, I suspect that Jeb is going to have a serious uphill climb to the GOP nomination.

what happened to the moderate jeb? i think he went the way of the dodo.

pure idiocy. maybe he wants to go back to the scarlet "A".

Obama told his literary agent that he was born in Kenya, and the literary agent distributed that information to publishers.

The Vetting - Exclusive - Obama s Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii - Breitbart

We've explained it 100 thousand times...why don't you google it yourself...google and see what the asst editor who wrote the blip on Obama says about it....and how she made the mistake herself....

i don't think it knows how to google. or to do anything else either. he's kind of braindead.

From a book written over 20 years ago, and I doubt the author has it right. I don't have the book to check, which is what the author of the HuffPo is counting on.

'As governor of Florida in 2001, Bush had the opportunity to test his theory on public shaming. He declined to veto a very controversial bill that required single mothers who did not know the identity of the father to publish their sexual histories in a newspaper before they could legally put their babies up for adoption. He later signed a repeal of the so-called "Scarlet Letter" law in 2003 after it was successfully challenged in court.'

Yet another example of the reprehensible right.

Of course the literary agent falls on the sword to protect Obama. I would expect no less of a loyal Obamazombie.

And, in spite of years of having to learn over and over again, that it is NOT a good idea to run for office while conducting war on women, another GOP candidate does it again.

Now, folks, if people come to the conclusion that Jeb is not as smart as Bush II, I suspect that Jeb is going to have a serious uphill climb to the GOP nomination.

As a matter of fact, Jeb actually refers to "The Scarlet Letter" in his book, as a good thing, that should not have been dropped in today's society.

"He declined to veto a very controversial bill that required single mothers who did not know the identity of the father to publish their sexual histories in a newspaper before they could legally put their babies up for adoption."

Obviously Florida republicans preferred such women had abortions instead.

'As governor of Florida in 2001, Bush had the opportunity to test his theory on public shaming. He declined to veto a very controversial bill that required single mothers who did not know the identity of the father to publish their sexual histories in a newspaper before they could legally put their babies up for adoption. He later signed a repeal of the so-called "Scarlet Letter" law in 2003 after it was successfully challenged in court.'

Why consider that shaming?
Looks like an effort for the possible fathers to have a say in relinquishing their parental rights.
It took 2 to create the child it should take two to sign over parental rights. It's not her in body anymore.

Why consider that shaming?
Looks like an effort for the possible fathers to have a say in relinquishing their parental rights.
It took 2 to create the child it should take two to sign over parental rights. It's not her in body anymore.

The law was overturned by the courts.Among other things, it was a violation of personal privacy for someone who had never broken a law.

As a matter of fact, Jeb actually refers to "The Scarlet Letter" in his book, as a good thing, that should not have been dropped in today's society.
And we see this theme continue today, with the right's efforts to disadvantage gay and transgender Americans through force of law, a form of 'shaming.'

This information should be kept in the public eye during the campaign, if Bush is the GOP's candidate.

Another indication of how ridiculously out of touch with reality and contemporary society the GOP is.

Of course the literary agent falls on the sword to protect Obama. I would expect no less of a loyal Obamazombie.
Idiot. You don't know what party the literary agent belongs to.

As cruel as it sounds sometimes stigmas and shaming actually are constructive.

As cruel as it sounds sometimes stigmas and shaming actually are constructive.
:rolleyes:

You know what? In Europe, the instances of teen pregnancy are extremely low compared to the US. It has nothing to do with public shaming. It has everything to do with good sex education, the availability of birth control, and the fact that Europeans are realists and know that teenagers will engage in sexual activity--nothing whatsoever to do with shame. If the US would knock off the Puritan high jinks and get real, we would eliminate, for the most part, the teen pregnancy problem.

Also, some girls who have low self esteem and don't see much of a future for themselves purposely have a baby so they have someone to love and to love them. This is also linked to education and to social problems: again, has nothing to do with shame.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back