Jean Luc Ponty and friends.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Ralphe Armstrong's bass line is epic in this song.

It's like voices in my head.

The Mothers Of Invention:
FZ—guitar, vocals
Tom Fowler—bass
Bruce Fowler—trombone
Jean-Luc Ponty—violin
Ian Underwood—woodwinds, synthesizer
George Duke—keyboards
Ruth Underwood—percussion
Ralph Humphrey—drums

Last edited:
The great Allan Holdsworth.

Thanks for the post. More people need to know about this guy. Just a wonderful, clever guitarist. His work with UK, a sort of supergroup, with Bill Bruford and John Wetton, is spectacular. And didn't Holdsworth invent a guitar-synth hybrid? I'm not too familiar with his solo work, but the first UK album, self-titled, is worth picking up for Holdsworth's guitar work alone.

Thanks for the post. More people need to know about this guy. Just a wonderful, clever guitarist. His work with UK, a sort of supergroup, with Bill Bruford and John Wetton, is spectacular. And didn't Holdsworth invent a guitar-synth hybrid? I'm not too familiar with his solo work, but the first UK album, self-titled, is worth picking up for Holdsworth's guitar work alone.

I first heard him on the local college radio station( KSU in Ohio )
;

Classic Holdsworth @ 6 min to 7:30

I could hear this over and over and not get tired of it.
Jean-Luc Ponty -- electric violin, five-string electric violin, violectra, bells Allan Holdsworth -- lead electric guitar
Daryl Stuermer -- lead and rhythm electric guitar
Allan Zavod -- organ, synthesizer, electric piano, grand piano, clavinet
Ralphe Armstrong -- electric basses, fretless bass
Steve Smith -- drums and percussion

Last edited:

Forum List

Back