Japan's whaling fleet returns from Antarctic with 333 minke whales including pregnant females

very sad news :(
anyways a friend of mine went to Japan last year and he told me whale's meat is tasty.... :cuckoo:
unfortunately there's no way Japanese government could ban whaling

The same mindset which is OK with torturing and killing animals is the same mindset which is OK with torturing and killing humans.

Without meat eating your ancestors wouldn't have grown bigger brains and survived like they did. You're able to be a preachy vegan/vegetarian on the internet because of your meat eating ancestors that ensured our dominance of the animal kingdom. Humanity literally wouldn't exist as it does today without meat eating.

If meat eating is what you say it is then carnivores like tigers and lions would have been sending spacecrafts to Mars not humans because an average carnivore eats a lot more meat than an average human.

If meat eating is what you say it is then carnivores like tigers and lions would have been sending spacecrafts to Mars not humans because an average carnivore eats a lot more meat than an average human.

Lions and tigers are different organisms with different evolutionary paths. Meat eating made us smarter.

Food For Thought: Meat-Based Diet Made Us Smarter

Our earliest ancestors ate their food raw — fruit, leaves, maybe some nuts. When they ventured down onto land, they added things like underground tubers, roots and berries. It wasn't a very high-calorie diet, so to get the energy you needed, you had to eat a lot and have a big gut to digest it all. But having a big gut has its drawbacks. "You can't have a large brain and big guts at the same time," explains Leslie Aiello, an anthropologist and director of the Wenner-Gren Foundation in New York City, which funds research on evolution. Digestion, she says, was the energy-hog of our primate ancestor's body. The brain was the poor stepsister who got the leftovers. Until, that is, we discovered meat. "What we think is that this dietary change around 2.3 million years ago was one of the major significant factors in the evolution of our own species," Aiello says.

Lions and tigers are different organisms with different evolutionary paths. Meat eating made us smarter.

Food For Thought: Meat-Based Diet Made Us Smarter

Our earliest ancestors ate their food raw — fruit, leaves, maybe some nuts. When they ventured down onto land, they added things like underground tubers, roots and berries. It wasn't a very high-calorie diet, so to get the energy you needed, you had to eat a lot and have a big gut to digest it all. But having a big gut has its drawbacks. "You can't have a large brain and big guts at the same time," explains Leslie Aiello, an anthropologist and director of the Wenner-Gren Foundation in New York City, which funds research on evolution. Digestion, she says, was the energy-hog of our primate ancestor's body. The brain was the poor stepsister who got the leftovers. Until, that is, we discovered meat. "What we think is that this dietary change around 2.3 million years ago was one of the major significant factors in the evolution of our own species," Aiello says.

BTW, tigers and lions are mammals just like humans. So they are not that far off on the evolutionary path compared to humans. So, let me ask you this: if meat eating is what made humans smart then how come it did not do the same for tigers and lions?

BTW, tigers and lions are mammals just like humans. So they are not that far off on the evolutionary path compared to humans.

They're not that close either.

So, let me ask you this: if meat eating is what made humans smart

There is no if; meat eating did make us smarter.

then how come it did not do the same for tigers and lions?

Their evolution favored different traits.

BTW, tigers and lions are mammals just like humans. So they are not that far off on the evolutionary path compared to humans.

They're not that close either.

So, let me ask you this: if meat eating is what made humans smart

There is no if; meat eating did make us smarter.

then how come it did not do the same for tigers and lions?

Their evolution favored different traits.

Let us get as close to humans as possible. That should bring us to apes. There are types of apes that eat meat big time. But again, how come they are not sitting on a keyboard of a computer and composing posts that are as entertaining as yours? :)

BTW, how do different evolutionary paths leave one meat eating creature dumber than other? Explain this to me.

Last edited:
Once we got smarter we became more successful hunters and gatherers.

There are types of apes that eat meat big time. But again, how come they are not sitting on a keyboard of a computer and composing posts that are as entertaining as yours? :)

Chimpanzees are the only ones that hunt and eat meat on a regular basis, and maybe one day they will be smarter thanks to their meat eating. Evolution takes a long time.

BTW, how does different evolutionary paths leave one meat eating creature dumber than other? Explain this to me.

Evolution doesn't respond to everything the same way. Lions and tigers are very different from us despite the fact that they are mammals. Meat made us smarter; that doesn't mean meat makes everything smarter. I'm not an evolutionary biologist, but my best guess would be that cats need to use all of that extra energy on hunting. Tools and our ability to walk on two legs allows us to use relatively low amounts of energy on hunting.

Last edited:
What we are unique at is language, screwing and/or killing other hominids, and toenail clippers.

Actually, our brains grew after we began walking upright.

That may be true. We certainly are unique in that regard (walking straight). But we are not unique in eating meat. That is for sure.

Of course not, it's delicious.

Just because meat is delicious does not change the fact that it is a product of pain and suffering that was inflicted on an animal. That pain and suffering matters to some people and it does not to others. Those who are not OK with this pain and suffering become vegetarian. It is as simple as that.

There are types of apes that eat meat big time. But again, how come they are not sitting on a keyboard of a computer and composing posts that are as entertaining as yours? :)

Chimpanzees are the only ones that hunt and eat meat on a regular basis, and maybe one day they will be smarter thanks to their meat eating. Evolution takes a long time.

BTW, how does different evolutionary paths leave one meat eating creature dumber than other? Explain this to me.

Evolution doesn't respond to everything the same way. Lions and tigers are very different from us despite the fact that they are mammals. Meat made us smarter; that doesn't mean meat makes everything smarter. I'm not an evolutionary biologist, but my best guess would be that cats need to use all of that extra energy on hunting. Tools and our ability to walk on two legs allows us to use relatively low amounts of energy on hunting.

Nothing you posted supports that meat eating is what makes an animal smarter. And, that is my point. The fact is that you do not know what made humans smarter than the rest of other animals. Baboons are primates. They will put lions to shame when they rip apart meat. In evolutionary ladder, primates are as close to humans as it gets. So the question is again: how come baboons are not even close to us humans on intelligence level? It clearly shows that it is not meat which made us smarter. It is something else.

Nothing you posted supports that meat eating is what makes an animal smarter. And, that is my point. The fact is that you do not know what made humans smarter than the rest of other animals. Baboons are primates. They will put lions to shame when they rip apart meat. In evolutionary ladder, primates are as close to humans as it gets. So the question is again: how come baboons are not even close to us humans on intelligence level? It clearly shows that it is not meat which made us smarter. It is something else.

Evolutionary scientists are in agreement that meat eating played an instrumental role in increasing our intelligence.

Actually, our brains grew after we began walking upright.

That may be true. We certainly are unique in that regard (walking straight). But we are not unique in eating meat. That is for sure.

Of course not, it's delicious.

Just because meat is delicious does not change the fact that it is a product of pain and suffering that was inflicted on an animal. That pain and suffering matters to some people and it does not to others. Those who are not OK with this pain and suffering become vegetarian. It is as simple as that.

Everything that lives also dies. Carrots as much as caribou. Only a hypocrite values the life of a lemur over that of a legume. Get down to it everyone and everything is made of the same stuff. Nothing is truly lost, it just changes form.

Evolutionary scientists are in agreement that meat eating played an instrumental role in increasing our intelligence.

That is not correct. Some scientists believe that our ancestors were meat eaters but there are plenty of scientists who believe that our ancestors were primarily vegetarians. The latter group makes more sense. Think about it. How would have humans managed to eat meat before they invented weapons or fire? It makes more sense that early humans survived eating fruits and other vegetables.

Everything that lives also dies. Carrots as much as caribou. Only a hypocrite values the life of a lemur over that of a legume. Get down to it everyone and everything is made of the same stuff. Nothing is truly lost, it just changes form.

Forum List

Back