January inflation numbers

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
Consumer prices increased at an annual rate of 6.4% in January — a slight slowdown from the 6.5% seen in December, but above analysts' prediction of 6.2%.

Food prices increased 10.1% from last January, the ninth-consecutive double-digit annual increase for that category.

Shelter costs, which includes rent and the cost of homeownership, increased 7.9%. That's the fastest annualized rate since 1982. Rent costs increased 8%, another new record.

January inflation hits 6.4%, missing analysts' expectations for a faster slowdown

Consumer prices increased at an annual rate of 6.4% in January — a slight slowdown from the 6.5% seen in December, but above analysts' prediction of 6.2%.

Food prices increased 10.1% from last January, the ninth-consecutive double-digit annual increase for that category.

Shelter costs, which includes rent and the cost of homeownership, increased 7.9%. That's the fastest annualized rate since 1982. Rent costs increased 8%, another new record.

January inflation hits 6.4%, missing analysts' expectations for a faster slowdown
More solid Proof that THEY Know what they are Doing!
Let's send More $$$$ to the Ukraine!

Thank God for Joe Biden and the left for bringing inflation down from 6.5% to 6.4%, even though many Americans can't afford food or shelter. But, not worry, it's all probably transitory.

Thank God for Joe Biden and the left for bringing inflation down from 6.5% to 6.4%, even though many Americans can't afford food or shelter. But, not worry, it's all probably transitory.

Americans who cannot afford food or shelter do not need to worry

Republicans will take care of them

They should work harder or educate themselves to better position themselves for a better job.

Waiting for the government to fix their financial problems is a copout.

welcome to Joey Xiden, Demafascsit utopia....where people are poorer, and can't afford basics like a roof over their head or food

Uh, yeah, blaming the government for their failings. Again, the government created the mess, the government failed.
The govenrment caused them to not to get a good job?

That doesn't sound like personal responsibility to me.

Americans who cannot afford food or shelter do not need to worry

Republicans will tak

They should work harder or educate themselves to better position themselves for a better job.

Waiting for the government to fix their financial problems is a copout.
I used to be one of them way back in my younger days, eons ago. I couldn't wait for the minimum wage to go up so that I could earn more money. I was a diehard Democrat back then, thinking that they were for the little guy while Republicans were only for the rich. Then, one day, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I concluded that if my only goal to earn more money in life was to wait for the minimum wage to go up, I would ALWAYS be poor. So, I picked myself up by my bootstraps, worked my way up into management, climbed a bunch of ladders over the years and have owned my own business for about 20 years now. I thank God for slapping me in the face to open my eyes way back then so I didn't wind up in generational poverty, voting D year after year after year and blaming Republicans for my pitiful life.

Forum List

Back