January 2014 Banzuke

So Jason in Japan is showing at least the end of the day matches, so I can get some of my Sumo fix.

Osuraarrashi is moving up, so is Endo. Kotooshu has to go the normal route back to Ozeki, and we have a final match that will result in a yuso basho or a playoff.

Kisenosato, who came into this tournament with Yokozuna hopes is now one loss away from going makekoshi and entering the next tournament kadoban. He just doesn't have the mental strength to be Yokozuna.

Kisenosato pulls out on the last day with an ankle injury. As expected, he will start the next tournament kadoban. Far to fall....

Everyone wants a Japanese Yokozuna, but I don't think it's going to be Kisenosato.

Endo may be one to keep an eye on in the future.

Great to see a playoff to end the Basho. Also Endo seems to be gaining confidence as he rises up the Magashira ranks. Osuraarashi had a good Basho as well, and should move up 5-6 spots.

Kootoshu needs to go the normal route to get back to Ozeki, I wonder if he will retire instead, but I see him as plugging away just as he always has.

Forum List

Back