James Lipton, the longtime host of Inside the Actors Studio, has died today at the age of 93

He was serious on those programs. But Robin Williams got him to break stride a bit. RIP...Mr. Lipton!

He was very incisive in his interviews
Always enjoyed him

One of a kind. His program started back when Bravo was mainly a channel for high culture. Now it’s mostly shows about bored, rich women scream fighting at dinner and/or on vacation.

• Banned
Enjoyed his humor, intelligence and his knowledge of the Arts

He was serious on those programs. But Robin Williams got him to break stride a bit. RIP...Mr. Lipton!
His "interview" with Robin Williams was wonderful. Robin actually got James to crack up with laughter. Mr. Lipton was very studious and intellectual, I learned things about acting I didn't know from listening to him. He will be missed by many.

Lipton was a genius interviewer who knew his subject well. His interview with Robin Williams was priceless I will never forget Robin borrowing a scarf from an audience member and doing an incredible improve that had me in stitches and that I will never forget. Lipton knew how to get the best out of the folks he interviewed. RIP to a cultural hero.

A bit of a pompous asshole but a great interviewer in spite of that. RIP

He wasn't above spoofing himself, either, which he did in a couple of movies and a TV commercial.

"even gays will oppose gay marriage when James Lipton marries Ice T to become James Lipton Ice T"

Forum List

Back