Jacksonville shooter was on anti-psychotic drugs for bipolar depression

He was obviously sick. It doesn’t mean he committed this heinous act because of his meds. He might have been on the wrong dosage, or wrong medication all together, but I wouldn’t go as far as to blame his medication. Antipsychotics don’t make people want to kill people

He was obviously sick. It doesn’t mean he committed this heinous act because of his meds. He might have been on the wrong dosage, or wrong medication all together, but I wouldn’t go as far as to blame his medication. Antipsychotics don’t make people want to kill people

I’m just saying that for many of these mass killings, the people are on these drugs.

I’m not saying the drugs are the “reason” any more than his parents divorce is the “reason”.

I’m just saying that for many of these mass killings, the people are on these drugs.

I’m not saying the drugs are the “reason” any more than his parents divorce is the “reason”.

Yeah, I hear you. I think the real underlining cause is these people are sick, and this guy Katz was sick enough were he should have been in an institution, instead of walking the streets.

Yeah, I hear you. I think the real underlining cause is these people are sick, and this guy Katz was sick enough were he should have been in an institution, instead of walking the streets.

There it is. I literally said the exact same thing to me 18 year old son last night...we discussed this case in depth.

I said they we used to institutionalize people more often who were a clear threat to the law abiding, now we are very reluctant.

It’s good in some ways, and it’s very bad in other ways.

We are a free society and with that comes the dangers of freewill.

I’ll choose freewill over government enforced totalitarianism.

It's true, they don't. What is far more likely is that he wasn't taking his meds at all because of the really unpleasant side effects. It happens ALL the time.
Now some people are going to start thinking that everyone who takes an antidepressant is dangerous, though. And that's not true either.

It's true, they don't. What is far more likely is that he wasn't taking his meds at all because of the really unpleasant side effects. It happens ALL the time.
Now some people are going to start thinking that everyone who takes an antidepressant is dangerous, though. And that's not true either.

Last statement is a straw man argument.

Some people think the earth is flat.

Antipsychotics need time to be combined with regular and intense therapy, these people should not be given the drugs and sent away for months at a time and without monitoring by a psychiatrist.

I guess the meds didn't work or he wasn't taking them?

This seems to be the common link on many of these mass shootings.

Katz also was taking an anti-psychotic drug used to treat bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, according to court records. Despite his issues, Katz graduated high school in 2011 and, a few years later, enrolled at the University of Maryland.

Madden killer Katz legally armed himself in state with one of USA's toughest gun laws

That doesn't surprise me in the least.

In fact, almost all the mass shooters have taken psyche meds.

That really should be looked into.

Katz also was taking an anti-psychotic drug used to treat bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, according to court records. Despite his issues, Katz graduated high school in 2011 and, a few years later, enrolled at the University of Maryland.

Madden killer Katz legally armed himself in state with one of USA's toughest gun laws

Why wouldn't they be on psych med? They were already diagnosed as crazy!

Why wouldn't they be on psych med? They were already diagnosed as crazy!

Ah! In that case, "chemical restraints" seem to not be nearly as effective as physical restraints, and State Mental Hospitals need to be

reopened.

Anti-Psychotic And Anti-Depressant Medications Create Another Mass Shooter

Madden-Tournament-David-Katz-768x432.jpg

Let’s get away from the Left’s fascination with guns and get down to the real reason behind mass shootings.

Parents are too busy to properly care for and teach their children. They turn to drugs to control their behavior and it results in severe psychoses. Seems he was also in and out of care facilities for his derangement. His only plus in his life was his ability as a gamer.

CCHR International’s investigation into school violence reveals that at least 36 school shootings and/or school-related acts of violence have been committed by those taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs resulting in 172 wounded and 80 killed (in other school shootings, information about their drug use was never made public — neither confirming or refuting if they were under the influence of prescribed drugs or undergone other behavioral therapy.)[2] At least 27 international drug regulatory agency warnings have been issued on psychiatric drugs being linked to mania, violence, hostility, aggression, psychosis and homicidal ideation (thoughts or fantasies of homicide that can be planned).

My question is; if he was medicated and had a history of medical problems, why were there no restrictions to his being able to buy a firearm?

More @ David Katz: Yet Another Mass Shooter That Had His Mind Warped By Anti-Psychotic And Anti-Depressant Medications

Katz Bought Gun in Maryland; State Has Some of Strictest Gun Control Laws in US @

Katz Bought Gun in Maryland; State Has Some of Strictest Gun Control Laws in US

Anti-Psychotic And Anti-Depressant Medications Create Another Mass Shooter

Madden-Tournament-David-Katz-768x432.jpg

Let’s get away from the Left’s fascination with guns and get down to the real reason behind mass shootings.

Parents are too busy to properly care for and teach their children. They turn to drugs to control their behavior and it results in severe psychoses. Seems he was also in and out of care facilities for his derangement. His only plus in his life was his ability as a gamer.

CCHR International’s investigation into school violence reveals that at least 36 school shootings and/or school-related acts of violence have been committed by those taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs resulting in 172 wounded and 80 killed (in other school shootings, information about their drug use was never made public — neither confirming or refuting if they were under the influence of prescribed drugs or undergone other behavioral therapy.)[2] At least 27 international drug regulatory agency warnings have been issued on psychiatric drugs being linked to mania, violence, hostility, aggression, psychosis and homicidal ideation (thoughts or fantasies of homicide that can be planned).

My question is; if he was medicated and had a history of medical problems, why were there no restrictions to his being able to buy a firearm?

More @ David Katz: Yet Another Mass Shooter That Had His Mind Warped By Anti-Psychotic And Anti-Depressant Medications

Katz Bought Gun in Maryland; State Has Some of Strictest Gun Control Laws in US @

Katz Bought Gun in Maryland; State Has Some of Strictest Gun Control Laws in US

I'm to "encapsulate" the problem in one sentence.

There is no pill to replace 4 walls.

Forum List

Back