Jackson Mississippi water system has failed. Did their Congressmen vote for infrastructure investment?

So every other city in Mississippi has been run great, but good ole Jackson has just been run in the ground by black Mayors and city legislatures.

The Mississippi Legislature earlier this year decided to spend up to $750 million of the $1.8 billion it received in American Rescue Plan Act federal pandemic relief money on two of the state’s major problems: In many urban areas, most notably Jackson, antiquated water and sewerage systems are collapsing. In rural areas, such as where Barkley lives, 13% of the state’s population does not have public water service.
already posted several times the links to the fact that Jackson has spent 30 years ignoring the problem hell the EPA has cited them for 10 years now for it.

So every other city in Mississippi has been run great, but good ole Jackson has just been run in the ground by black Mayors and city legislatures.

The Mississippi Legislature earlier this year decided to spend up to $750 million of the $1.8 billion it received in American Rescue Plan Act federal pandemic relief money on two of the state’s major problems: In many urban areas, most notably Jackson, antiquated water and sewerage systems are collapsing. In rural areas, such as where Barkley lives, 13% of the state’s population does not have public water service.

Color has nothing to do with it…..being a democrat has everything to do with it

Illegally and unconstitutionally. You see the Feds as some sort of Robin Hood. I see them as lying thieves using my tax money for unconstitutional expenditures.
Yeah, but you’re just an old greedy Basturd.

America suffers from its the other persons fault. Most Americans view a person that accepts responsibility, accountability for
one’s actions and decisions, as a sucker.
Only if you’re a humper.

This is beyond the wealthiest nation on earth. Riches beyond thought. And we can't ensure safe water. Says something about this country.

So you’re saying Mississippi failed on their duty to take care of the basic infrastructure of their state.

Sounds like they need a change in leadership

Many cities have public works departments that take care of things like this. I don't know how it works in Jackson. Is it the city's responsibility? The state's responsibility? Maybe both? You guys seem more interested in finger pointing than a resolution.

Damn straight I’m a Greedy Bastard. Reach too far into my wallet and you might find yourself with a stump at the end of your arm… whether you’re an individual or a Government.
You're wallet isn't that large.

Also, stay off all public infrastructure unless you pay for it.

Many cities have public works departments that take care of things like this. I don't know how it works in Jackson. Is it the city's responsibility? The state's responsibility? Maybe both? You guys seem more interested in finger pointing than a resolution.
The resolution is the funding provided by the infrastructure Bill.

Getting it where it needs to go is on the state

Last edited:
Also, stay off all public infrastructure unless you pay for it.
I pay my taxes. I do everything LEGAL thst I can to minimize how much I pay, but I pay my share. The fact that anyone’s share is as high as it is disgusts me even more than how many are allowed to pay nothing.

Apparently, being the Governor of a state and being the party in power of that state's legislature comes with little responsiblility if you can just blame everything on people with the least amount of power in the situation..

Apparently, allowing your citizens to suffer is cool if you can just blame it on people YOU KNOW does not have the power to release federal funds to fix their infrastructure...

One of the radio hosts I listen to read the story in the Wall Street Journal...it is behind a paywall otherwise I would post it.....Jackson has had all kinds of money thrown at them to fix this problem...for years.....bond issues and grants from the state...the democrat party mayors and other democrats at the local level refused to deal with the problem....for decades....

I just looked...you can get the article....

Here...

Jackson’s water woes aren’t new. In 2014, 90% of city voters approved a one percentage-point increase in the sales tax in part to fund water and sewer repairs. In the past nine years, the city has allocated nearly $490 million from its capital budget to water and sewers—about $3,200 per resident. But much of the money hasn’t been well spent, and the city’s water problems have worsened.
-----
Yet the state made available nearly $170 million in loans and grants from 2016 to 2021 for Jackson’s water and sewer infrastructure. Earlier this year, Mr. Lumumba grumbled when the state offered another $25 million from federal American Rescue Plan Act funds because lawmakers insisted on exercising oversight on how the money was spent. The state had good reason.

Last edited:
Apparently, being the Governor of a state and being the party in power of that state's legislature comes with little responsiblility if you can just blame everything on people with the least amount of power in the situation..

Apparently, allowing your citizens to suffer is cool if you can just blame it on people YOU KNOW does not have the power to release federal funds to fix their infrastructure...

Wrong.....the local democrat mayor had tons of money in grants, bond issues, and offers of help from the state....the democrat party mayors didn't want to be committed to using this money to fix the water problem, so they did nothing about it.....except blame republicans......it was an entire story in the Wall Street Journal....it is behind a paywall...

Jackson’s water woes aren’t new. In 2014, 90% of city voters approved a one percentage-point increase in the sales tax in part to fund water and sewer repairs. In the past nine years, the city has allocated nearly $490 million from its capital budget to water and sewers—about $3,200 per resident. But much of the money hasn’t been well spent, and the city’s water problems have worsened.
-----
Yet the state made available nearly $170 million in loans and grants from 2016 to 2021 for Jackson’s water and sewer infrastructure. Earlier this year, Mr. Lumumba grumbled when the state offered another $25 million from federal American Rescue Plan Act funds because lawmakers insisted on exercising oversight on how the money was spent. The state had good reason.

One of the radio hosts I listen to read the story in the Wall Street Journal...it is behind a paywall otherwise I would post it.....Jackson has had all kinds of money thrown at them to fix this problem...for years.....bond issues and grants from the state...the democrat party mayors and other democrats at the local level refused to deal with the problem....for decades....
Mississippii is a disaster actually.

Jackson, of course.
49th overall in best states by US News
-

Democrats ruin everything they touch.

Democrats ruin everything they touch.
Even if you feel better to blame it on Democrats (which doesn't matter to me who you blame) -- the state reps there and the governor don't get a pass if they do nothing to offer solutions...and they haven't..

And Mississippi being consistently at the bottom in every metric is not a "Democrat problem" alone..so when you get done playing the blame game like a little bitch -- you still ain't offered a single solution....ZERO

Last edited:
Apparently, allowing your citizens to suffer is cool if you can just blame it on people YOU KNOW does not have the power to release federal funds to fix their infrastructure
Why should ANYONE have the power to use FEDERAL funds to fix LOCAL infrastructure? What is the problem for the NATION (not the citizens, the NATION) if people in a particular city/town have no clean water?

again it is the city's responsibility one they have ignored for 30 years, the federal Government is not responsible nor the state.
Even if you feel better to blame it on Democrats (which doesn't matter to me who you blame) -- the state reps there and the governor don't get a pass if they do nothing to offer solutions...and they haven't..

And Mississippi being consistently at the bottom in very metric is not a "Democrat problem" alone..so when you get done playing the blame game like a little bitch -- you still ain't offered a single solution....ZERO
30,YEARS of democratic indifference and corruption lead to this, 30 YEARS. Hell the EPA has been on the case for 10 of those years.

Jackson Mississippi is in a crisis. They have no water for drinking, washing or toilets

”The water system has been troubled for years and the city already was under a boil-water notice since late July.”

EVERY Mississippi Congress member and Senator voted against the $1.2 trillion Infrastructure Bill. A Bill that provides funding to upgrade water systems

Mississippi is one of our poorest states with crumbling infrastructure
Yet their Congressmen turned their back on struggling citizens and voted against public infrastructure investment
The infrastructure investment is no more than a bail out for failed Blue states.

Forum List

Back