Ivanka Trumps Endorsement Of Goya Foods Puts Her In Serious Legal Trouble

Now you try to muzzle anyone that doesn't agree with your views and whine when you're not successful!
How’s the Nike boycott going?

Hypocrites.
I haven't bought a Nike product in years. That's my personal decision. I've never told anyone else to boycott them because that's something that should be THEIR decision to make!
That's fine. I never told anyone to boycott Goya either.

But you know who has called for boycotts? Republicans.
Be honest for once, Colfax! Never in the history of this country has there been so many calls to boycott products or get people fired as there have been from you on the left over the past few years! You seem to think that your views are sacred and anyone who differs from those views are fair game to have their businesses closed or their jobs terminated!

I don't disagree that calls for firings and boycotts has gotten out of control. But it's not just a thing that happens on the left. Trump has done as much or more than any other individual.

Ms. Trump’s Goya tweet is clearly a violation of the government’s misuse of position regulation, 5 C.F.R. § 2635.702. Ms. Trump has had ethics training. She knows better. But she did it anyway because no one in this administration cares about government ethics,” Shaub says.
Ms. Trump’s Goya tweet is clearly a violation of the government’s misuse of position regulation, 5 C.F.R. § 2635.702. Ms. Trump has had ethics training. She knows better. But she did it anyway because no one in this administration cares about government ethics,” Shaub says.
/----/ Ivanka is a private citizen, but Obozo was president when he endorsed the Chevy Volt. Watch: Six Years Ago Obama Promised to Buy a Chevy Volt. Now It Is Dead

Everything that Big Eared disaster touched went to shit
I know this has to be said to you literally every time you post, but this is not an Obama thread

I purchased $30 of Goya can goods and took them to the food bank...they were happy to get it.....I will do the same every week until this foolish liberal hate boycott against them stops.....
Foolish if you really care about the hungry because you can buy 2 to 5 cans of store brand for the price of 1 goya can

/----/ Ivanka is a private citizen, but Obozo was president when he endorsed the Chevy Volt. Watch: Six Years Ago Obama Promised to Buy a Chevy Volt. Now It Is Dead

Everything that Big Eared disaster touched went to shit
I know this has to be said to you literally every time you post, but this is not an Obama thread
/----/ It's whatever thread we want to to be when it comes to politics. You attack Trump and his family, don't expect to get away scot-free.

Watch: Six Years Ago Obama Promised to Buy a Chevy Volt. Now It Is Dead

Yeah, but remember how the Democrats all wanted him investigated for that? Hmm ... I don't either ...

They will say as an elected official he isn't beholden to those rules. Of course, Trump's daughter isn't a civil service employee of the government, so her application vis a vis the law is probably hazy as well.

They got their soundbite, that's all they care about.
Yes. Ivanka is an employee of the government.

A civil servant with a title?
I believe her title is special advisor to the president.

Paid? Civil Service? Senate Confirmed?
No. No. No.

Any other questions?

The law they are quoting probably applies to a specific type of employee. Any idea which one it applies to?

It applies to almost everyone in government:
(h) Employee means any officer or employee of an agency, including a special Government employee. It includes officers but not enlisted members of the uniformed services. It includes employees of a State or local government or other organization who are serving on detail to an agency, pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 3371, et seq. For purposes other than subparts B and C of this part, it does not include the President or Vice President. Status as an employee is unaffected by pay or leave status or, in the case of a special Government employee, by the fact that the individual does not perform official duties on a given day.

Where did you get the quote from?
The law that we are talking about.

So what agency does she belong to?

Executive office of the president.

is that actually an agency as per federal code?
Yes.

Proof?

The funny thing is even if this ends up as an "ethics" violation, the likely penalty is some form of reprimand.

Of course the real reason for your butt hurt is she's supporting an AMERICAN company.
You need proof that the White House Office is part of the executive branch?

Of course we both know it has nothing to do with being an “American” company since Trump has no problem bashing any number of American companies whose owners don’t agree with him.

Part of the executive branch, but is it by definition an "agency"?

Obama endorsed volt at one time, you didn't have a problem with that did ya?

Yes. Any agency is any organization or department that is part of the executive branch. If it’s not an agency, what the hell is it? This isn’t a serious argument.

Answer me one question. Why did Ivanka endorse Goya?

It's the office of the WH, not an agency. And she did it to poke the eye of the cancel culture.

The White House Office is an agency.

Not according to OLC.

Haha you're actually defending this? That is some grade a cultism, sir

Why in the hell is a private citizen allowed access to secret information? whatever security clearance she supposed to have should be investigated.
All because of a can of beans. Only in liberal lala land.

Why in the hell is a private citizen allowed access to secret information? whatever security clearance she supposed to have should be investigated.

Ivanka was laughing at them, that's why they are so angry. Leftists don't have a sense of humor

What elected position does she have?

Oh, right. None.

Goodbye.
She’s a government employee which is exactly who the law covers.

Wrong, she is her dads advisor. She gets no pay.
Her pay is irrelevant. She is a government employee.

Not clicking with what an "employee" is, are you? She also wasn't paid for promoting Goya.

OK, so Obama was paid. And he promoted the Chevy Volt. What should have happened to him in your view?
She’s an employee. It doesn’t matter if she’s paid or not. She signed up as an employee. You can be an unpaid employee, kiddo. That doesn’t exempt one from ethics laws.

The president is specifically exempted from the law in question.

You're still only addressing half the equation and obviously doing it on purpose because you realize you're wrong.

If she were PAID by Goya, that would be an argument. She's benefiting from being an unpaid advisor.

But she's making nothing off any of this. That's where your argument falls apart, and you know it, which is why you're dancing and evading addressing the whole picture at once

§ 2635.702 Use of public office for private gain.
An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity, including nonprofit organizations of which the employee is an officer or member, and persons with whom the employee has or seeks employment or business relations. The specific prohibitions set forth in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section apply this general standard, but are not intended to be exclusive or to limit the application of this section.

She's not allowed to endorse products.
So how did she use her public office? Did she reference her position in her message?

What elected position does she have?

Oh, right. None.

Goodbye.
She’s a government employee which is exactly who the law covers.

Wrong, she is her dads advisor. She gets no pay.
Her pay is irrelevant. She is a government employee.

Not clicking with what an "employee" is, are you? She also wasn't paid for promoting Goya.

OK, so Obama was paid. And he promoted the Chevy Volt. What should have happened to him in your view?
She’s an employee. It doesn’t matter if she’s paid or not. She signed up as an employee. You can be an unpaid employee, kiddo. That doesn’t exempt one from ethics laws.

The president is specifically exempted from the law in question.

You're still only addressing half the equation and obviously doing it on purpose because you realize you're wrong.

If she were PAID by Goya, that would be an argument. She's benefiting from being an unpaid advisor.

But she's making nothing off any of this. That's where your argument falls apart, and you know it, which is why you're dancing and evading addressing the whole picture at once

§ 2635.702 Use of public office for private gain.
An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity, including nonprofit organizations of which the employee is an officer or member, and persons with whom the employee has or seeks employment or business relations. The specific prohibitions set forth in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section apply this general standard, but are not intended to be exclusive or to limit the application of this section.

She's not allowed to endorse products.
So how did she use her public office? Did she reference her position in her message?
It’s listed on her instagram account.

I purchased $30 of Goya can goods and took them to the food bank...they were happy to get it.....I will do the same every week until this foolish liberal hate boycott against them stops.....
Foolish if you really care about the hungry because you can buy 2 to 5 cans of store brand for the price of 1 goya can
Foolish?..why do you think homeless and hungry people are not worthy of quality food?....and as a bonus I help a victimized company that is being assaulted by street fascists....

He and his trashy family should not be promoting products. Why is his little pig qualified for a security clearance?

Foolish?..why do you think homeless and hungry people are not worthy of quality food?....and as a bonus I help a victimized company that is being assaulted by street fascists....

Do you really think that a hungry family would choose 18 cans of goya food over 60 cans of store brand

When a public figure puts his/her cred behind a pol or an issue, why shouldn't they expect to people who disagree from not patronizing their product. Colin Kapernick anyone. And no I still don't want so see him playing football.

Do you really think that a hungry family would choose 18 cans of goya food over 60 cans of store brand

Depends on the store brand and what you are buying.

Store brand strawberry preserves are usually OK, store brand peanut butter usually has the taste and mouthfeel of wet cardboard.

Skippy forever, mothafucka.

fake news

Store brand strawberry preserves are usually OK, store brand peanut butter usually has the taste and mouthfeel of wet cardboard.

And goya beans for 1.89 a can are exactly the same an .55 cent a can store beans

I did read it, but perhaps you didn't. The red bolded part is the important phrase that everyone here keeps managing to avoid reading.

No, you didn't. The entire speaks about personal gain.

An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity,
Do none of you guys understand what commas mean?

It's a fucking list guys.

The entirety of the law concerns "personal gain". You're simply seeing what you want to see. The entire context of the law is prohibiting personal gain. Let's however revisit what you said.

Post where it says this : product regardless of personal gain.
I already posted it. I marked it in red. The entirety of the law does not concern personal gain. The part I marked does not.

Do you guys not understand that it is a list?

Then ability to comprehend is very low quality.Sorry son.

That’s what I keep thinking. You all don’t seem to understand that when things are separated by commas, it makes a list.

It’s like if I passed a law that said its illegal to rob, murder or rape someone, you think it’s okay to murder them as long as you don’t rob them.
And in that sentence, all of the comma separated phrases relate back to the "public office". How did Ivanka use her office?

At the food bank food is handed out first come first serve....I think a hungry family would be happy with GOYA products...its not like a store you understand that right?....

And goya beans for 1.89 a can are exactly the same an .55 cent a can store beans
GOYA beans are better.....consider it a treat....

Forum List

Back