It's time whites started looking at themselves

I thought some of Bootney's responses were interesting and I understand where he's coming from. But here are my responses to the same segments Bootney responded to.

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are the least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”
People just need to see each other as individuals or humans, etc., is simplistic as you suggest. White people cannot understand the black circumstance in America and we, as a group, never will. But these statements at least represent us trying. Give us that much credit, please. But we will never think with complexity about racism. For us, racism is a nuisance; at most, even BLM, Watts riots, you name it, racism is just a distraction in our lives.

On the other hand, it seems to me, that for black people, especially those who are trying or even seriously thinking of trying, to make something of themselves, either from wealthy roots or slum roots, racism is a huge consideration for them that seldom drops in importance to just being a nuisance.

But I can't take your load. I, as an individual, didn't create it and I can't solve it.

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."
You've presented me with several viewpoints and study paths that I hadn't heard before. Some of them are radically different from my world view and could shake up my world - but, I'm confident, won't change my overall conservative view. Others are interesting perspectives from yourself and from black historians and scholars that have opinions different from mine - different opinions are far less threatening than disproving my facts. These views are worth studying and for me to understand. But, still, in the end, it is up to each and every inner city black kid,as he reaches the age of accountability and is looking to the future, to decide whether he's going to live as a victim or as a champion.

That said, just a little less in-the-face hatred would make it a little easier to get ahead... and that last said, I'm sure you don't need my kindness and understanding to reach your potential. So me learning more helps me but you have to help yourself.
I've not fathered a child out of wedlock, but I have hear about if from you whites here.
We all do too much generalization around here. That's probably why we come here - we can be obnoxious without consequence.

I have a high school diploma, an associates degree, a bachelors degree and a masters degree, but I have to hear about blacks not wanting to be educated by whites like you here. I have never been on welfare, but I have to hear about it from whites like you here.

Good point. I don't have a great response to that but to say that we should treat everyone like individuals... or as human beings.

All the "I am an individual" is never considered by you motherfuckers when it comes to blacks so just stop whining that fake ass shit to me here right now.
I agree.. and try to remember we're individuals, too.. You forgot to say you're a human being. :)

I had to hear about black on black crime endlessly from you bastards and now that you are asked to look at your damn selves, here comes the whining about how you are an individual and how I am opposed to individual mother fucking rights because I present a case for you to take a look at about a problem in your own community.

Not that it will help, but I think it is the attack on our guns by inner city mayors and leftist governors who are blaming white people and their AR-15s for all the gun crime when it is not the case that yields those black crime statements... (had to edit out as I started to talk about black on black crime).. I think what we really want, for ourselves and for inner city communities, is for those mayors to recognize that the solution to gun crime in the city actually is more guns. We want to see inner city mothers and fathers and brothers protecting their neighborhoods. We want to see them en masse walk down their streets and facing off the gangs.

“ I posit that the Discourse of Individualism functions to: deny the significance of race and the advantages of being white; hide the accumulation of wealth over generations; deny social and historical context; prevent a macro analysis of the institutional and structural dimensions of social life; deny collective socialization and the power of dominant culture (media, education, religion, etc.) to shape our perspectives and ideology; function as neo-colorblindness and reproduce the myth of meritocracy; and make collective action difficult. Further, being viewed as an individual is a privilege only available to the dominant group. I explicate each of these discursive effects and argue that while we may be considered individuals in general, white insistence on Individualism in discussions of racism in particular functions to obscure and maintain racism.”
What would you have us do, as individuals and as a majority community? One can be a perpetual victim or they can (and it seems that you, as an individual have) make the best of the world they're in. Again, I'd like to hear just what it is that you think I, as an individual, and me as part of the white community, should do to fix this.

Whites have got to stop making excuses for themselves and begin work in their community to rid itself of racism. I don't listen to that I am an individual stuff because that's a silly argument when we are talking about a problem that has affected an entire nation. As individuals we are charged with leaving the world a better place than it was when we got here, not making excuses as to why we can't. This I am an individual argument is an excuse used by whites to dismiss our experience and their responsibility to stop white racism.

It is a given we are humans. It is a given we all areind8ividua people. It is not a given that we don't have any responsibility to the greater society to change or fix problems because we are an individual and we didn't do it. I have never raped a woman, but as a man it is my responsibility to teach young men or any man that women should be respected and their bodies belong to them. It is not for me to say well I am an individual and since all men don't rape women why should I do anything about it?

This nation is going on 244 years and it was built on race and the maintenance of race based preferences to whites have helped whites achieve great wealth at the expense of every other group in this country. Until that damage is fixed, you can forget about telling everybody to see each other as individuals. We asked to be treated like individuals from day one but the constitution itself made us 3/5ths of a human.

These sermons about personal responsibility from the right wing whites around here gets old. They always have an excuse for themselves but everybody else needs to take responsibility. They post threads showing blacks beating or killing whites to make a false claim of blacks attacking whites like it's some major epidemic. But it's not.

In 2018 according to the Uniform Crime Reports, 3,315 whites were murdered that year. 2,677 were killed by another white, 514 were killed by a black person. Whites were 5 times more likely to be killed by another white person than a black person. These numbers do not indicate a major epidemic of blacks killing whites. What it shows is that the media ignores a very large problem in the white community where 81 percent of all whites who are killed are killed by another white person. Now I don't know about you but 81 percent is a pretty high number and this and higher percentages of white on while murder have been completely ignored by the media for decades. Instead the media has made a big thing out of black on black crime reinforcing a white racist belief of black violence.

As we read the consistent racist attempts to create this narrative, you don't see blacks here trying to find excuses to justify the killing or beatings of whites by blacks even though we have 243 years worth of reasons to do so. Nobody is excusing the blacks that killed those old white people even though they were born during segregation and participated in racism against blacks. But when someone black get killed in a racist incident whites here scurry to look for reasons to justify the killing.

In the case of Ahmaud Arbery, he was convicted of a crime years before this killing and faced his punishment. But that doesn't matter to the racists, he committed a crime so his death was warranted. Well what about this one?

St. Paul Man Charged For Killing Unarmed Black Man, Thought He Was A Gang Member

In 2018 according to the AMERICAN Uniform Crime Reports, 3,315 whites were murdered that year. 2,925 blacks were murdered. So in addition to the fact that 81 percent of all whites who were killed were killed by another white person, more whites were killed than blacks. Even more important in debunking this lie of black attacks and killing is the fact that more whites killed each other(2677) than blacks who killed each other(2600). So again, the media has not hidden black on white crime, that's a lie, instead the media has made a big thing out of black on black crime while ignoring white on white crime reinforcing a white racist belief of black violence.

Racist whites here want to run there mouths about blacks killing twice as many whites as whites do blacks. That's a disingenuous claim made to race bait. 2 is twice the number of 1 and it is this kind of low number argument these racist use here and no one, flacaltenn, challenges this.

In 2018 according to the Uniform Crime Reports, 3,315 whites were murdered that year. 2,677 were killed by another white, 514 were killed by a black person. Whites were 5 times more likely to be killed by another white person than a black person. What it shows is that the media ignores a very large problem in the white community where 81 percent of all whites who are killed are killed by another white person. Again, 81 percent is a pretty high number and this and higher percentages of white on while murder have been completely ignored by the media for decades. Instead the media has made a big thing out of black on black crime reinforcing a white racist belief of black violence.

It's time whites started looking at themselves.

LOLOLOL.....its time whites start looking at themselves????????? LOLOLOLOLOLOL News flash my dear sweet friend.....they have been looking at themselves since the begginning of time and apparently they like what they see...cause not nar one of em, has ever changed.....LOLOLOLOL....who needs to find a mirror and start looking at themselves is us sorry as black folk and other minorities that keep these sorry white mf's in power and on pedastols. Latino's kiss they ass for a fuckin dollar and nigga's who lick they ass just because they white. You get pass this white worship and the self reflection on all parties will enact positive change, until then.....keep dreaming my friend.

Whites have got to stop making excuses for themselves and begin work in their community to rid itself of racism.
I agree.

How do we do that?

I think most of what has been deemed "white racism" is not intentional. It's a matter of perspective. My race rarely comes to mind, but it is an issue for a black person on a daily basis. Most white people do not understand what that feels like.

I have a unique perspective because I have experienced something similar to it. I lived in Japan in the early 90s. I don't dare try to equate the two situations. It still does not come close to giving me a completely clear understanding of the black person's perspective, but I would say my experience is closer than most. People who have had my experience could perhaps bridge the gap.

I
don't listen to that I am an individual stuff because that's a silly argument when we are talking about a problem that has affected an entire nation. As individuals we are charged with leaving the world a better place than it was when we got here, not making excuses as to why we can't. This I am an individual argument is an excuse used by whites to dismiss our experience and their responsibility to stop white racism.
I think that is a mistake.

It starts at an individual level. You cannot change an entire race of people without focusing on the individual. Everything circulates around the individual.

Just as rights are held individually, opinions and attitudes are held individually. They are passed from individual to individual. There is no "white opinion or attitude."

Who is responsible for changing their opinions and attitudes? The individual, or a group of people who's relation to each other is nothing more than having the same color skin?

I cannot control anyone else. I can only do my best.

but speaking of excuses, that is not something "white people" have a monopoly on. EVERYBODY has an excuse.

It is a given we are humans. It is a given we all areind8ividua people. It is not a given that we don't have any responsibility to the greater society to change or fix problems because we are an individual and we didn't do it. I have never raped a woman, but as a man it is my responsibility to teach young men or any man that women should be respected and their bodies belong to them. It is not for me to say well I am an individual and since all men don't rape women why should I do anything about it?
That's fine.

Where it crosses the line for me is when I am held accountable for the actions of those who have raped, SOLELY because I am a man.

This nation is going on 244 years and it was built on race and the maintenance of race based preferences to whites have helped whites achieve great wealth at the expense of every other group in this country. Until that damage is fixed, you can forget about telling everybody to see each other as individuals. We asked to be treated like individuals from day one but the constitution itself made us 3/5ths of a human.
it has helped very few.

Who is holding all the wealth? It's not all the white people. It's only a few.

You are using race arguments and pointing them at individuals. You're having your cake and eating it too.

The 3/5 of a human argument is ridiculous. That was only meant to give the south less power. It was only meant to balance the power among the states, not actually treat people as 3/5 of a human. It was a numbers game. That argument is taken totally out of perspective. It benefited the non-slave states.

You still cannot attach the wrongs of dead people to those who never were alive during those times, solely because they belong to the same racial group.

Now, I understand that we must figure out someway to fix the generational effects of institutionalized racism, but there is no easy answer.

To the extent that those wanting reparations are proposing that we make one race of people legally inferior to another as payback for the actions of long-dead past generations, when no one alive today is responsible for it happening in the past, is inviting an all out war. To the extent this is a cover to bring on the communist revolution (which I suspect) make no mistake about it, IT WILL BE WAR!

He is obsessed with copying and pasting travesties of the past and blames whites today for all the woes of black people.

Well, debate him. Prove him wrong. I'm actually hoping to do that but he's an A-game player here and I don't want to start it until I'm in a position to bring my own A game. Tonight, I'm too sleepy and am going to bed.
Molly lives by the teflon theory of history while ignoring the continuing repetition of things she says were in the past and are now long gone.
You live in the past as if nothing has changed and continue to blame whites for everything. Talk about not taking personal responsibility!

The problem with all this bullshit coming from most of the whites in this thread is that fact that blacks have worked on black on black crime white whites have done nothing but point fingers at us while killing each other in the same numbers and at the same rate. We blacks don't get to make excuses about being individuals in this forum or this country and that is an excuse I will keep rejecting on this matter of racism BECAUSE RACISM HAS NOT AFFECTED JUST A FEW INDIVIDUALS, IT HAS ACTUALLY AFFECTED OUR ENTIRE COUNTRY.

“Homicide rates for— black children under age 5 declined 36% between 1993 and 2008, dropping from 11.3 homicides per 100,000 in 1993 to 7.2 homicides per 100,000 in 2008. Black children under age 5 have remained substantially higher than rates for white children or children of other races. White children under age 5 remained relatively stable between 1980 and 1990, with an average rate of 2.4 homicides per 100,000. The rate rose to 2.8 homicides per 100,000 by 1996, then dropped down to 2.1 homicides per 100,000 in 2006. Since 2006 the rate has risen slightly to 2.3 homicides per 100,000 in 2008.”

The offending rate for blacks showed a similar pattern to the victimization rate, peaking in the early 1990s at a high of 51.1 off enders per 100,000 in 1991. After 1991, the offending rate for blacks declined until it reached 24 per 100,000 in 2004. The rate has since fluctuated, increasing to 28.4 offenders per 100,000 in 2006 before falling again to 24.7 offenders per 100,000 in 2008.”

“The offending rate for black male young adults —

Dropped by more than half from 1993 to 2008. “

These facts show the utter silliness and nonsense McDonald, Giuliani and similar whites share relative to the issue of black on black crime. This information shows that black on black crime had been actually reduced over a 15 years span and that was due to the very hard work of unknown, not so famous blacks toiling in obscurity in our cities all over this country. These are the stories that rarely get told by the media.

“From 1994 to 2015, white-on-white violence (down 79%) and black-on-black violence (down 78%) declined at a similar rate.”

This bit of information comes from a report issued in October of 2017 by the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics. The title is, “Race and Hispanic Origin of Victims and Offenders, 2012-15.” This report shows that for a 21 year period of time, while whites and most of the American media were promoting a narrative of high black on black crime, the reality is that black on black crime was being reduced. It also shows that most crimes are intra-racial and that whites were victimized by other whites primarily and at approximately the same percentage.

“During 2012-15, there were no differences among white, black, and Hispanic intraracial victimizations reported to police.”

On August 15, 2013, The Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice published a paper by Mike Males entitled, “Why the Gigantic, Decades-Long Drop in Black Youth Crime Threatens Major Interests”. The data was ignored basically, even by President Obama. But the implications of this study were so important that it was a dereliction of duty to not make this information widely known to the American public.

"For nearly all serious and minor offenses, including homicide, rates among black teenagers nationally were lower in 2011 than when racial statistics were first collected nationally in 1964. Black youths’ murder arrest rates are considerably lower today than back when Bill Cosby was funny (long, long ago)."

Like I said; the numbers are interesting both ways - but neither community, along with every other major social divide: hispanic, asian, Muslim, are doing a crappy job in protecting lives and building community. We all suck. And we all should be concerned not only about our own house but about our community and all of the communities in our world - so it's OK for me to be worried about 5-year-old black children and for you to be worried about 5-year-old white children.

What's not OK is the constant back and forth, almost stating it outright, but certainly insinuating that because more of your people are killing your people it's ok if my people kill your people.. and that goes across all races, too.

That's why I am glad I am a conservative. Even if ignorantly sometimes, I can say that I care about all of the 5-year-olds. Leftists and fake conservatives/Republicans, don't seem to care about any 5-year-old.
I don't think you can say that about so called leftists. You conservatives are no better than anyone else. You see levant If 5 year old blacks have it harder than 5 year old whites, everybody ends up weakened. And that's where this belief you claim conservatives have fails. Racism by whites hascost this nation trillions. Let me show you an example because the right thinks far too simplistically about things, they believe that if I fight for blacks whites lose when in reality both sides win.

On October 24, 2013, the Kellogg Foundation sent out a press release about a report they had done entitled, “The Business Case for Racial Equity”. This was a study done by the Kellogg Foundation, using information it had studied and assessed from the Center for American Progress, National Urban League Policy Institute, Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies and the U.S. Department of Justice.

“Striving for racial equity – a world where race is no longer a factor in the distribution of opportunity – is a matter of social justice. But moving toward racial equity can generate significant economic returns as well. When people face barriers to achieving their full potential, the loss of talent, creativity, energy, and productivity is a burden not only for those disadvantaged, but for communities, businesses, governments, and the economy as a whole. Initial research on the magnitude of this burden in the United States (U.S.), as highlighted in this brief, reveals impacts in the trillions of dollars in lost earnings, avoidable public expenditures, and lost economic output.”

The Kellogg Foundation and Altarum Institute

In 2011, DEMOS did a study named “The Racial Wealth Gap, Why Policy Matters”, which discussed the racial wealth gap, the problems associated with it along with solutions and outcomes if the gap did not exist. In this study DEMOS determined that the racial wealth gap was primarily driven by policy decisions.

“The U.S. racial wealth gap is substantial and is driven by public policy decisions. According to our analysis of the SIPP data, in 2011 the median white household had $111,146 in wealth holdings, compared to just $7,113 for the median Black household and $8,348 for the median Latino household. From the continuing impact of redlining on American homeownership to the retreat from desegregation in public education, public policy has shaped these disparities, leaving them impossible to overcome without racially-aware policy change.”

Groups like DEMOS, the Kellogg Foundation, Altarum Institute, Pew Research and others have done extensive research on the public policies that created these disparities. As we look at the numbers, we see what has caused our economic problem and it’s not the loss of jobs by the white working class. The numbers show us that many of our national difficulties do not have to exist. For example, there are almost 17 million black households. 16,997,000 to be exact. There are 17,318,000 Latino households. The median white household had an income of $50,400 a year while the median income was $32,028 for Blacks and $36,840 for Latinos. That difference of $18,372 for blacks and $13,560 for Latinos equals a combined loss of $31,932 for over 34 million households each year. It is a loss of over 1/2 trillion dollars of taxable income annually. In addition, racism erases billions of dollars that can be circulated in our economy. These are huge losses created because of racist public policy.

Over the course of the past several decades we have heard over and over how if we cut taxes we stimulate growth. But it seems that if we erase racism, racist policies and racist policy decisions that adversely affects COMMUNITIES, that we could erase many of the problems we see today. We are talking about serious increases in GDP, debt/deficit reductions, increased tax revenue, more tax payers instead of more needing public assistance, increased corporate profits which means more jobs and yet there remains a great resistance to do this. Again, racism is more than racial slurs or racist comments. Racism in America has had a negative economic impact on the black community, other communities of color and in fact, the entire country.

So I don't disagree with most of that. Perhaps not even with any of it. So what? What is it you want me to do? You paint white people with a broad brush but I've defended most of what you say and have attacked racism right and left. So you're wrong about conservatives and you're wrong about white people as a whole.

What's the plan to make it better?

I had my own electronics business. I had white, black, and latino employees - doing the same work, and mostly the same pay - the white employees generally made less because they had less skill and experience. I wanted employees who could make me the most money. And there are a lot of others smart enough to do the same.

I was raised in a mixed-race home; my white mother married a black man when I was 8 - and divorced and married several more before I was grown. I lived in the poorest black neighborhoods most of my childhood. I walked through latino neighborhoods to get to school. I got beaten up more days than not.. well, not really but it felt like it. Just for being white. I got beaten up in the latino neighborhood and then again in the black neighborhood. I was raised in a mixed-race family but I suffered a lot of racism. I also knew a lot of exceptional people who protected me and treated me kindly.

I understand more than most white people will but you really need to quit generalizing - except about Democrats; that's allowed.

These sermons about personal responsibility from the right wing whites around here gets old. They always have an excuse for themselves but everybody else needs to take responsibility. They post threads showing blacks beating or killing whites to make a false claim of blacks attacking whites like it's some major epidemic. But it's not.

In 2018 according to the Uniform Crime Reports, 3,315 whites were murdered that year. 2,677 were killed by another white, 514 were killed by a black person. Whites were 5 times more likely to be killed by another white person than a black person. These numbers do not indicate a major epidemic of blacks killing whites. What it shows is that the media ignores a very large problem in the white community where 81 percent of all whites who are killed are killed by another white person. Now I don't know about you but 81 percent is a pretty high number and this and higher percentages of white on while murder have been completely ignored by the media for decades. Instead the media has made a big thing out of black on black crime reinforcing a white racist belief of black violence.

As we read the consistent racist attempts to create this narrative, you don't see blacks here trying to find excuses to justify the killing or beatings of whites by blacks even though we have 243 years worth of reasons to do so. Nobody is excusing the blacks that killed those old white people even though they were born during segregation and participated in racism against blacks. But when someone black get killed in a racist incident whites here scurry to look for reasons to justify the killing.

In the case of Ahmaud Arbery, he was convicted of a crime years before this killing and faced his punishment. But that doesn't matter to the racists, he committed a crime so his death was warranted. Well what about this one?

St. Paul Man Charged For Killing Unarmed Black Man, Thought He Was A Gang Member

In 2018 according to the AMERICAN Uniform Crime Reports, 3,315 whites were murdered that year. 2,925 blacks were murdered. So in addition to the fact that 81 percent of all whites who were killed were killed by another white person, more whites were killed than blacks. Even more important in debunking this lie of black attacks and killing is the fact that more whites killed each other(2677) than blacks who killed each other(2600). So again, the media has not hidden black on white crime, that's a lie, instead the media has made a big thing out of black on black crime while ignoring white on white crime reinforcing a white racist belief of black violence.

Racist whites here want to run there mouths about blacks killing twice as many whites as whites do blacks. That's a disingenuous claim made to race bait. 2 is twice the number of 1 and it is this kind of low number argument these racist use here and no one, flacaltenn, challenges this.

In 2018 according to the Uniform Crime Reports, 3,315 whites were murdered that year. 2,677 were killed by another white, 514 were killed by a black person. Whites were 5 times more likely to be killed by another white person than a black person. What it shows is that the media ignores a very large problem in the white community where 81 percent of all whites who are killed are killed by another white person. Again, 81 percent is a pretty high number and this and higher percentages of white on while murder have been completely ignored by the media for decades. Instead the media has made a big thing out of black on black crime reinforcing a white racist belief of black violence.

LOLOLOL.....its time whites start looking at themselves????????? LOLOLOLOLOLOL News flash my dear sweet friend.....they have been looking at themselves since the begginning of time and apparently they like what they see...cause not nar one of em, has ever changed.....LOLOLOLOL....who needs to find a mirror and start looking at themselves is us sorry as black folk and other minorities that keep these sorry white mf's in power and on pedastols. Latino's kiss they ass for a fuckin dollar and nigga's who lick they ass just because they white. You get pass this white worship and the self reflection on all parties will enact positive change, until then.....keep dreaming my friend.

Right now. It is your chance. The Progs, especially the white ones in your own areas of living, fear you. They will pull a French white flag act faster then they gave up when the Germans pulled a britzkrieg on them in WW 2. Cities are their own maginot line. Look, there is not enough resources that government can provide to make you happy. We are maxed out or near it in helping to alleviate your concerns. Only pure authoritarian rule forcing people to comply in all ways will improve things. And that will also make things worse as many will fall to the wayside for that improvement based on the law of brutality enforced by the state. Progs seem to be heading that way anyway.

Right now. It is your chance. The Progs, especially the white ones in your own areas of living, fear you. They will pull a French white flag act faster then they gave up when the Germans pulled a britzkrieg on them in WW 2. Cities are their own maginot line. Look, there is not enough resources that government can provide to make you happy. We are maxed out or near it in helping to alleviate your concerns. Only pure authoritarian rule forcing people to comply in all ways will improve things. And that will also make things worse as many will fall to the wayside for that improvement based on the law of brutality enforced by the state. Progs seem to be heading that way anyway.

White ppl fearing brown...that's a novel idea. White people fear being equal to brown, green yellow and orange...they fear the privilege card afforded them by virtue of skin tone will end...thus the OBSESSION WITH RACIST TRUMP.

The problem with all this bullshit coming from most of the whites in this thread is that fact that blacks have worked on black on black crime white whites have done nothing but point fingers at us while killing each other in the same numbers and at the same rate. We blacks don't get to make excuses about being individuals in this forum or this country and that is an excuse I will keep rejecting on this matter of racism BECAUSE RACISM HAS NOT AFFECTED JUST A FEW INDIVIDUALS, IT HAS ACTUALLY AFFECTED OUR ENTIRE COUNTRY.

“Homicide rates for— black children under age 5 declined 36% between 1993 and 2008, dropping from 11.3 homicides per 100,000 in 1993 to 7.2 homicides per 100,000 in 2008. Black children under age 5 have remained substantially higher than rates for white children or children of other races. White children under age 5 remained relatively stable between 1980 and 1990, with an average rate of 2.4 homicides per 100,000. The rate rose to 2.8 homicides per 100,000 by 1996, then dropped down to 2.1 homicides per 100,000 in 2006. Since 2006 the rate has risen slightly to 2.3 homicides per 100,000 in 2008.”

The offending rate for blacks showed a similar pattern to the victimization rate, peaking in the early 1990s at a high of 51.1 off enders per 100,000 in 1991. After 1991, the offending rate for blacks declined until it reached 24 per 100,000 in 2004. The rate has since fluctuated, increasing to 28.4 offenders per 100,000 in 2006 before falling again to 24.7 offenders per 100,000 in 2008.”

These facts show the utter silliness and nonsense McDonald, Giuliani and similar whites share relative to the issue of black on black crime. This information shows that black on black crime had been actually reduced over a 15 years span and that was due to the very hard work of unknown, not so famous blacks toiling in obscurity in our cities all over this country. These are the stories that rarely get told by the media.

“From 1994 to 2015, white-on-white violence (down 79%) and black-on-black violence (down 78%) declined at a similar rate.”

This bit of information comes from a report issued in October of 2017 by the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics. The title is, “Race and Hispanic Origin of Victims and Offenders, 2012-15.” This report shows that for a 21 year period of time, while whites and most of the American media were promoting a narrative of high black on black crime, the reality is that black on black crime was being reduced. It also shows that most crimes are intra-racial and that whites were victimized by other whites primarily and at approximately the same percentage.

“During 2012-15, there were no differences among white, black, and Hispanic intraracial victimizations reported to police.”

On August 15, 2013, The Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice published a paper by Mike Males entitled, “Why the Gigantic, Decades-Long Drop in Black Youth Crime Threatens Major Interests”. The data was ignored basically, even by President Obama. But the implications of this study were so important that it was a dereliction of duty to not make this information widely known to the American public.

"For nearly all serious and minor offenses, including homicide, rates among black teenagers nationally were lower in 2011 than when racial statistics were first collected nationally in 1964. Black youths’ murder arrest rates are considerably lower today than back when Bill Cosby was funny (long, long ago)."

Like I said; the numbers are interesting both ways - but neither community, along with every other major social divide: hispanic, asian, Muslim, are doing a crappy job in protecting lives and building community. We all suck. And we all should be concerned not only about our own house but about our community and all of the communities in our world - so it's OK for me to be worried about 5-year-old black children and for you to be worried about 5-year-old white children.

What's not OK is the constant back and forth, almost stating it outright, but certainly insinuating that because more of your people are killing your people it's ok if my people kill your people.. and that goes across all races, too.

That's why I am glad I am a conservative. Even if ignorantly sometimes, I can say that I care about all of the 5-year-olds. Leftists and fake conservatives/Republicans, don't seem to care about any 5-year-old.
I don't think you can say that about so called leftists. You conservatives are no better than anyone else. You see levant If 5 year old blacks have it harder than 5 year old whites, everybody ends up weakened. And that's where this belief you claim conservatives have fails. Racism by whites hascost this nation trillions. Let me show you an example because the right thinks far too simplistically about things, they believe that if I fight for blacks whites lose when in reality both sides win.

On October 24, 2013, the Kellogg Foundation sent out a press release about a report they had done entitled, “The Business Case for Racial Equity”. This was a study done by the Kellogg Foundation, using information it had studied and assessed from the Center for American Progress, National Urban League Policy Institute, Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies and the U.S. Department of Justice.

“Striving for racial equity – a world where race is no longer a factor in the distribution of opportunity – is a matter of social justice. But moving toward racial equity can generate significant economic returns as well. When people face barriers to achieving their full potential, the loss of talent, creativity, energy, and productivity is a burden not only for those disadvantaged, but for communities, businesses, governments, and the economy as a whole. Initial research on the magnitude of this burden in the United States (U.S.), as highlighted in this brief, reveals impacts in the trillions of dollars in lost earnings, avoidable public expenditures, and lost economic output.”

In 2011, DEMOS did a study named “The Racial Wealth Gap, Why Policy Matters”, which discussed the racial wealth gap, the problems associated with it along with solutions and outcomes if the gap did not exist. In this study DEMOS determined that the racial wealth gap was primarily driven by policy decisions.

“The U.S. racial wealth gap is substantial and is driven by public policy decisions. According to our analysis of the SIPP data, in 2011 the median white household had $111,146 in wealth holdings, compared to just $7,113 for the median Black household and $8,348 for the median Latino household. From the continuing impact of redlining on American homeownership to the retreat from desegregation in public education, public policy has shaped these disparities, leaving them impossible to overcome without racially-aware policy change.”

Groups like DEMOS, the Kellogg Foundation, Altarum Institute, Pew Research and others have done extensive research on the public policies that created these disparities. As we look at the numbers, we see what has caused our economic problem and it’s not the loss of jobs by the white working class. The numbers show us that many of our national difficulties do not have to exist. For example, there are almost 17 million black households. 16,997,000 to be exact. There are 17,318,000 Latino households. The median white household had an income of $50,400 a year while the median income was $32,028 for Blacks and $36,840 for Latinos. That difference of $18,372 for blacks and $13,560 for Latinos equals a combined loss of $31,932 for over 34 million households each year. It is a loss of over 1/2 trillion dollars of taxable income annually. In addition, racism erases billions of dollars that can be circulated in our economy. These are huge losses created because of racist public policy.

Over the course of the past several decades we have heard over and over how if we cut taxes we stimulate growth. But it seems that if we erase racism, racist policies and racist policy decisions that adversely affects COMMUNITIES, that we could erase many of the problems we see today. We are talking about serious increases in GDP, debt/deficit reductions, increased tax revenue, more tax payers instead of more needing public assistance, increased corporate profits which means more jobs and yet there remains a great resistance to do this. Again, racism is more than racial slurs or racist comments. Racism in America has had a negative economic impact on the black community, other communities of color and in fact, the entire country.

So I don't disagree with most of that. Perhaps not even with any of it. So what? What is it you want me to do? You paint white people with a broad brush but I've defended most of what you say and have attacked racism right and left. So you're wrong about conservatives and you're wrong about white people as a whole.

I had my own electronics business. I had white, black, and latino employees - doing the same work, and mostly the same pay - the white employees generally made less because they had less skill and experience. I wanted employees who could make me the most money. And there are a lot of others smart enough to do the same.

I was raised in a mixed-race home; my white mother married a black man when I was 8 - and divorced and married several more before I was grown. I lived in the poorest black neighborhoods most of my childhood. I walked through latino neighborhoods to get to school. I got beaten up more days than not.. well, not really but it felt like it. Just for being white. I got beaten up in the latino neighborhood and then again in the black neighborhood. I was raised in a mixed-race family but I suffered a lot of racism. I also knew a lot of exceptional people who protected me and treated me kindly.

I understand more than most white people will but you really need to quit generalizing - except about Democrats; that's allowed.
With violin music playing in the back ground.....you, with your fairness and white skin, can still walk into any establishment, presented in any circumstance and be serviced without questioning or doubt....whereas people of color can not!!

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Get over here coley...dance for ya suppah!

View attachment 334883
That same pot belly dancing black mf, can pull at any given time of the day, a cute blonde blue eyed Havard grad, while riding a bike with one wheel flat, faster than a white guy with a kick ass job.....LOLOLOLView attachment 338055

Well...ya know what they say...once you go black...you're a single mother.
Uh, news flash....visit the south some day....you go mo white trash cans nursing nigga babies as single mom's than you have white men with a full head of hair....LOLOLOLOL Truth be told, black women are leaders as small business owners and wealth, almost equal to white men in terms of self employment and business...google it, its fact. We no longer have the anchor of worthless nigga's around our necks, like Barbie and Becky these days....LOOLOLOLO

I haven't painted white people with anything. There are just some facts we have to deal with Levant. Whites have exhibited a consistent pattern of behavior since this nation started. And we know it has not been every white person, so this argument you make is an example of white fragility and I wish you would drop that because you are far too intelligent to assert that we are talking about every single white person living. That's a diversion that needs to stop being used in these discussions. I have stated what whites need to do. That would be non racist whites working in their community to erase the racism.

Why do whites always ask us about the plan to make a problem whites created better?

Now why would you get beat up for being white in black and Latino neighborhoods Levant? For no reason? This is a common story told here by whites. You guys want to make this a story of how you are innocent victims and some use this to claim blacks are just as racist as whites. But what this shows is that you are collateral damage created by the system of white racism. Now I don't expect you to be able to understand how groups of people frustrated by a racist system sees a symbol of that system and commit violent acts to show their disapproval of that system, but that's exactly what happened to you. I am not saying that it is right, but neither are the public policies that continue negatively affecting the communities you walked through. Certainly there are more constructive ways to deal with this and those kids who took ass whippings for what they did to you when their parents found out learned a very difficult and painful lesson about using violence to solve problems.

Get over here coley...dance for ya suppah!

View attachment 334883
That same pot belly dancing black mf, can pull at any given time of the day, a cute blonde blue eyed Havard grad, while riding a bike with one wheel flat, faster than a white guy with a kick ass job.....LOLOLOLView attachment 338055

Well...ya know what they say...once you go black...you're a single mother.
Uh, news flash....visit the south some day....you go mo white trash cans nursing nigga babies as single mom's than you have white men with a full head of hair....LOLOLOLOL Truth be told, black women are leaders as small business owners and wealth, almost equal to white men in terms of self employment and business...google it, its fact. We no longer have the anchor of worthless nigga's around our necks, like Barbie and Becky these days....LOOLOLOLO
tiggerred, please do not use that word in here among these racist motherfuckers. And sister, you ladies line up in clubs waiting for NFL and NBA players to latch on to while ignoring decent, hard working brothers, so spare me the worthless man shit.

I recognize all those things tigrred, But we have to live with white people in this country. And white people are killing us in this country because they believe some bullshit that's not true. It's time whites looked at how fucked up they really are instead of blaming us. They can continue doing what they are doing and as they become a minority, they will face the consequences of their behavior. Not all latinos and blacks do what you say and that's going to become a problem for whites if they continue doing what some of them are doing right now.

If blacks gave a damn about other blacks they wouldn't be killing so many
OTHER THAN THAT LIFE IS GREAT.

Bootney,

Drop the individualism argument because I am not going to listen to that. Individualism did not create the problem. White racism is not based on a belief that a singular black individual is inferior, it is based upon the belief that ALL BLACKS AS A FUCKING GROUP ARE.

If blacks gave a damn about other blacks they would be killing so many

SINCE WHITES ARE KILLING EACH OTHER IN THE SAME NUMBERS AND PERCENTAGES, YOU MIGHT BE CONCERNED THAT YOU ARE 5 TIMES MORE LIKELY TO DIE AT THE HANDS OF ANOTHER WHITE PERSON THAN YOU ARE BY A BLACK PERSON.

All the "I am an individual" is never considered by you motherfucker

yeah it is

you just refuse to accept it

Again, whites have judged us for 243 years and god says you reap what you sow. That also applies to all races.

seems you're doin' your share of judgin' here too IM2

~S~

White racism is not a belief that some individual blacks are inferior. It is a belief that blacks as an entire group are inferior to whites. My conclusion is basted on a studied analysis of a continuing 243 year pattern of behavior.

If blacks gave a damn about other blacks they would be killing so many

SINCE WHITES ARE KILLING EACH OTHER IN THE SAME NUMBERS AND PERCENTAGES, YOU MIGHT BE CONCERNED THAT YOU ARE 5 TIMES MORE LIKELY TO DIE AT THE HANDS OF ANOTHER WHITE PERSON THAN YOU ARE BY A BLACK PERSON.

I'm not concerned about dying at the hands of a black person much less a white person
Your race-baiting thread is dead
You're actually no different than the race-baiting of the Third Reich

Damn I'm pretty
BF0WeE2.png

White racism is not a belief that some individual blacks are inferior. It is a belief that blacks as an entire group are inferior to whites.

Obviously. you convinced yourself of this IM2

w/out realizing that, as soon as you paint 'THEM' (pick a race or religion) with the same broad brush, you're essentially being racist , opining as a racist, and thinking exactly as every racist on this rock thinks.

My conclusion is basted on a studied analysis of a continuing 243 year pattern of behavior

well you must be tired after such a long and arduous study , take a day off, you've earned it!

~S~

Forum List

Back