It's time to update the Bible

“I have concluded that we are in a world made by rules created by an intelligence. Believe me, everything that we call chance today won’t make sense anymore” -- Michio Kaku

The Creator came first. Does that help?

No, can you describe the creator, is he or it an idea, or a human , or just what is the creator??

The Creator is in the realm of the Unknowable; humans lack the sensory perceptual capacity to interact with the Creator, we can only do that through feelings and only in the briefest of glimpses.

The Sun has a corona that's 200 times hotter than the surface, the Earth itself still retains it's magnetic field after 4.5 Billion years, the Moon has absolutely no business orbiting the Earth, yet they're all there and we're convinced we're the experts and have all the answers.

We're living in Flatlands, we're the Flatlanders living in a 4 dimensional world within a 10 dimensional Universe, yet we believe the Universe has to conform to our understanding. The Creator is chuckling

We're subject to Time, and that distorts our ability to understand the Universe

So you don't know either. I was waiting for Jesus, Allah or Yahweh, or heaven forbid,

Donald Trump.:)

I thought this was a serious discussion

It is, but no one knows anything. You think there is a God, I question it, its no different, if you dig deep down, we are all agnostic, because no one knows. I can't even describe and neither can you what God is like and we have no definition of God, other than what we have been raised with. Most of us want to believe in a God, but we do not know. Some do see Donald Trump as a savior, just like another King Cyrus.

It would be a far better and more interesting conversation if you could leave politics and Trump out if it.

I was raised a certain way and taught to believe certain things; I'm not that person anymore and don't hold those beliefs. Though my beliefs have changed, my conviction that there is a Creator is far more certain than ever. But I can't describe it, I only know it exists

God's word doesn't evolve, moron
Don't be a dick. Of course it does. God Himself changes and evolves right in His Word. In Genesis God is hanging out with talking snakes, turning women into salt, incinerating entire cities, and commanding the Jews to slaughter children. By the end of the Old Testament, God is safely ensconced in Heaven and desires mercy, not vengeance.

It is hard to fathom the enormous damage fundamentalists have done with their insistence that, while mankind has made breathtaking progress in Science and Art, in Religion--the most important and complex way in which humans express rationality--we locked into the final and permanent understanding 2000 some years ago and that was that because "it is written".
Pretty sure it says same today yesterday and forever

You sure about that? What about that awkward dispensation thing?

If a new husband accuses his wife of not being a virgin, and her parents can not provide hard evidence otherwise, the new bride must be taken to the doorway of her dad's house and men from the neighborhood throw rocks at her until she is dead.

Deut 22:20
God's Word?

Don't be a dick. Of course it does. God Himself changes and evolves right in His Word. In Genesis God is hanging out with talking snakes, turning women into salt, incinerating entire cities, and commanding the Jews to slaughter children. By the end of the Old Testament, God is safely ensconced in Heaven and desires mercy, not vengeance.

It is hard to fathom the enormous damage fundamentalists have done with their insistence that, while mankind has made breathtaking progress in Science and Art, in Religion--the most important and complex way in which humans express rationality--we locked into the final and permanent understanding 2000 some years ago and that was that because "it is written".

If a new husband accuses his wife of not being a virgin, and her parents can not provide hard evidence otherwise, the new bride must be taken to the doorway of her dad's house and men from the neighborhood throw rocks at her until she is dead.

God's Word?
Hebrews 13:8King James Version (KJV)
8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

God's Word?

You'd be wise to study up on Covenants

“I have concluded that we are in a world made by rules created by an intelligence. Believe me, everything that we call chance today won’t make sense anymore” -- Michio Kaku

The Creator came first. Does that help?

No, can you describe the creator, is he or it an idea, or a human , or just what is the creator??

The Creator is in the realm of the Unknowable; humans lack the sensory perceptual capacity to interact with the Creator, we can only do that through feelings and only in the briefest of glimpses.

The Sun has a corona that's 200 times hotter than the surface, the Earth itself still retains it's magnetic field after 4.5 Billion years, the Moon has absolutely no business orbiting the Earth, yet they're all there and we're convinced we're the experts and have all the answers.

We're living in Flatlands, we're the Flatlanders living in a 4 dimensional world within a 10 dimensional Universe, yet we believe the Universe has to conform to our understanding. The Creator is chuckling

So you don't know either. I was waiting for Jesus, Allah or Yahweh, or heaven forbid,

It is, but no one knows anything. You think there is a God, I question it, its no different, if you dig deep down, we are all agnostic, because no one knows. I can't even describe and neither can you what God is like and we have no definition of God, other than what we have been raised with. Most of us want to believe in a God, but we do not know. Some do see Donald Trump as a savior, just like another King Cyrus.
Silly Beliefs - Agnostics - Valid Stance or Scam?

It would be a far better and more interesting conversation if you could leave politics and Trump out if it.

I was raised a certain way and taught to believe certain things; I'm not that person anymore and don't hold those beliefs. Though my beliefs have changed, my conviction that there is a Creator is far more certain than ever. But I can't describe it, I only know it exists

Evolution is not incompatible with RC. I see Christianity as more a philosophy. I do not believe in the creation story or Noah's ark, and they should not take the place of science. The bible is meant to be used in church and as lessons for life, not to be taken literally. I do not believe in the virgin birth, but I see it as the birth of a new religion , Christianity, either done on purpose or accidently, we do not know for sure. Greeks believed demigods and Rome believed men became divine, and Christianity was to be inclusive for Greeks, Romans and Jews. Life was very different back then, and we can't take the bible out of context, culture or time of the writings.

Last edited:

I thought this was a serious discussion[/QUOTE]

It is, but no one knows anything. You think there is a God, I question it, its no different, if you dig deep down, we are all agnostic, because no one knows. I can't even describe and neither can you what God is like and we have no definition of God, other than what we have been raised with. Most of us want to believe in a God, but we do not know. Some do see Donald Trump as a savior, just like another King Cyrus.[/QUOTE]

I was raised a certain way and taught to believe certain things; I'm not that person anymore and don't hold those beliefs. Though my beliefs have changed, my conviction that there is a Creator is far more certain than ever. But I can't describe it, I only know it exists[/QUOTE]

Evolution is not incompatible with RC. I see Christianity as more a philosophy. I do not believe in the creation story or Noah's ark, and they should not take the place of science. The bible is meant to be used in church and as lessons for life, not to be taken literally. I do not believe in the virgin birth, but I see it as the birth of a new religion , Christianity, either done on purpose or accidently, we do not know for sure. Greeks believed demigods and Rome believed men became divine, and Christianity was to be inclusive for Greeks, Romans and Jews. Life was very different back then, and we can't take the bible out of context, culture or time of the writings.[/QUOTE]

Evolution is incompatible with the mathematics of probabilities however.

Sorry but being an agnostic is merely saying I do not know what I do not know. How could anyone be any different. All of our beliefs are based on the Bible, Quran, and some just the Torah. Rabbis helped and had input in the Quran, I mean Gabriel did not tell Muhammad this stuff in a cave, and he didn't even write it. Its also no secret that a lot of religions are based on astrotheology, the heavens, stars, seasons, etc.

Sorry but being an agnostic is merely saying I do not know what I do not know. How could anyone be any different. All of our beliefs are based on the Bible, Quran, and some just the Torah. Rabbis helped and had input in the Quran, I mean Gabriel did not tell Muhammad this stuff in a cave, and he didn't even write it. Its also no secret that a lot of religions are based on astrotheology, the heavens, stars, seasons, etc.
You don't act like you are agnostic.

It's time to update the Bible as creationism is clearly wrong.

That's up to Christians, not you.

were they christians who canonized your book in the 4th century ...

Jesus answered, "I tell you, Peter, before the rooster crows today, you will deny three times that you know me."

the spoken religion knows who those who call themselves christians today, who they really are ...

It's time to update the Bible as creationism is clearly wrong. We should replace the clearly made up fairly tale with the theory of Evolution.

God can be said to have developed evolution as his tool to make life on earth and to make his pride in joy humanity through it. The Bible needs to explain that the earth came together because god was a master of math and physics!!! He used his knowledge to put things together...

God didn't want his pride in joy to eat the apple of the tree of knowledge as he didn't want us to have this ability! But we did it anyways and became what we're today!!! Sea level raised as the ice age ended caused a great flood around 10 thousand years ago ending many a coastal city...People had to go to higher ground.

People warred before this great ice age ending sea level rise and warned and separated once again afterwards into our own separate klans(nations)...Israel of course could remain an important part of this.

What I am saying is the bible needs to be modernized with the reality! Teaching something to our children that is clearly made up with stuff that goes against reality is bad for civilization.

You have no problem with handing the remote to your children and allowing them to view two naked people engaged in the sex act or two homosexuals engaged. Having them watch the rape of a woman or the murders of people on the screen in no way compares to the damage done to them by watching a Bible story on television instead? You are one sick puppy.

You cannot dispute that the laws of nature are such that at the moment space and time came into existence, beings that know and create were pre-destined to eventually arise.
Pre-destined? Of course I can dispute that.
You cannot dispute that the laws of nature are such that at the moment space and time came into existence, beings that know and create were pre-destined to eventually arise.
Pre-destined? Of course I can dispute that.
And how will you do that exactly?

"beings that know and create were pre-destined to eventually arise"
Your argument is circular in that the conclusion is contained in the premise. Had knowers not arisen there wouldn't be anyone to know about it, so it didn't "happen". You are using the fact of your question to prove its necessity. Further, your statement "the moment time came into existence" annihilates itself by virtue of there being no "moment" available for time to come into being if time doesn't exist.

The mistake religious primitives make is failing to assign religion its proper sphere. There is no a priori requirement that the question of the birth of the universe is a religious question. It might be. It might not be. But to assert a religious dogma upfront about it and then spend all your time teleologically trying to fit the empirical world into your dogma is counterproductive and self-defeating.

You could technically update the bible with popular Christians from history. The New Testament outside the Gospels mostly dealt with the early spreading of Christianity. You can always extend the available information.

It's time to update the Bible as creationism is clearly wrong. We should replace the clearly made up fairly tale with the theory of Evolution.

God can be said to have developed evolution as his tool to make life on earth and to make his pride in joy humanity through it. The Bible needs to explain that the earth came together because god was a master of math and physics!!! He used his knowledge to put things together...

God didn't want his pride in joy to eat the apple of the tree of knowledge as he didn't want us to have this ability! But we did it anyways and became what we're today!!! Sea level raised as the ice age ended caused a great flood around 10 thousand years ago ending many a coastal city...People had to go to higher ground.

People warred before this great ice age ending sea level rise and warned and separated once again afterwards into our own separate klans(nations)...Israel of course could remain an important part of this.

What I am saying is the bible needs to be modernized with the reality! Teaching something to our children that is clearly made up with stuff that goes against reality is bad for civilization.

Comparing science with faith is a fool's folly.

were they christians who canonized your book in the 4th century

My book? What book is that?

you might refer yourself to a doctor about your amnesia, to help explain the subject matter you are discussing in reference with others when called upon ... I'm not your keeper, christian.

were they christians who canonized your book in the 4th century

you might refer yourself to a doctor about your amnesia, to help explain the subject matter you are discussing in reference with others when called upon ... I'm not your keeper, christian.

I'm not a Christian. Feeling kinda stupid right about now, aren't you. Call your doctor.

Forum List

Back