It's time to start thinking about resistance.

Even if the Dems don't take the White House, there are local battles to fight.

If it's Hillary or Sanders, only we can stop the destruction and loss of basic rights.

It's time to organize, to unite, to resist. If there are enough of us, they cannot throw us all in jail.

A little revolution now and then is a good thing.

So how do we start?

neoconfederate insurrectionists are funny. but please tell us how you're a patriot, loon.

:cuckoo:

The Constitution is based on the consent of the governed, when enough of the governed withdraw consent, what's to keep it (and more importantly the current government) in place?

Force?

Don't respond to them. They are simply trying to troll and trash this thread.

It entertains me. I assume Jillian would be there with her jackboots and trenchcoat if our government eventually went totalitarian (from the left), eagerly watching her fellow citizens march into the camps.

Step one I think is secrecy. No names, no public showings untill numbers are large enough. No blogs, no Facebook pages. Off the grid to get a solid core.

I could be mistaken, I'm not a community organizer, I'm just an American who recognizes the danger coming.

only we can stop the destruction and loss of basic rights.

which rights are you particularly concerned with...what basic right have you lost?

It's not so much now, but what rights we will lose. So far we have lost the right to run a business the way we want to. We have lost the right to practice our religion. We are headed down the road to losing more. We needn't wait until they are gone before we act.

no doubt the loss of jim crow laws left you broken-hearted.

this is why normal people don't vote for your insanity.

Jim Crow laws were unconstitutional, but allowed by a wrong SC decision, and is a lesson on giving the courts the power to make crap up as they go along.

If it's Hillary or Sanders, only we can stop the destruction and loss of basic rights.

It's time to organize, to unite, to resist. If there are enough of us, they cannot throw us all in jail.

So how do we start?

I think things have to get far far worse to consider it to be "do over" time.

That being said its usually something nobody sees coming that turns into the straw that breaks the camels back.

A liberal court overturning heller, and NY State banning all sorts of guns might be something along those lines. NYC doesn't care, but Upstate sure as hell does.

Well, you may be right, but I'd prefer not to wait until it gets that far. Even if we are small in number, it's time to start. I wouldn't be surprised if the tipping point comes this year. Like if the GOP caves on Obama's SCOTUS appointment. I'd say the odds are very high that they will.

Again, anything without the support of at least 10-20% of the population isn't a revolution, it's a riot. Something really really bad would have to happen to reach that point.

But we have to start somewhere right? Better than doing nothing.

which rights are you particularly concerned with...what basic right have you lost?

It's not so much now, but what rights we will lose. So far we have lost the right to run a business the way we want to. We have lost the right to practice our religion. We are headed down the road to losing more. We needn't wait until they are gone before we act.

Hmmmm so exactly how are you being forbidden to practice your religion?

Your church being torn down by the Gubmint?
Your efforts to pray being stymied by the anti-prayer police?
Your religious right to not serve African Americans infringed upon?

So how do we start?

neoconfederate insurrectionists are funny. but please tell us how you're a patriot, loon.

:cuckoo:

The Constitution is based on the consent of the governed, when enough of the governed withdraw consent, what's to keep it (and more importantly the current government) in place?

Force?

no doubt second-generation Japanese citizens during WWII would have liked it if things worked that way.

I think you should encourage the loon who is upset he has to serve blacks.

The government was wrong in that case, and eventually admitted it. And that situation was the relocation of citizens illegally and unconstitutionally, what is being talked about here is a sizable minority of people withdrawing their consent to be governed, and what it would take to reach that point.

Ignore them, they aren't helping.

Step one I think is secrecy. No names, no public showings untill numbers are large enough. No blogs, no Facebook pages. Off the grid to get a solid core.

I could be mistaken, I'm not a community organizer, I'm just an American who recognizes the danger coming.

He says, having advertised it on a message board with several thousand members, most of whom have FB pages. :lmao:

Jim Crow laws were unconstitutional, but allowed by a wrong SC decision, and is a lesson on giving the courts the power to make crap up as they go along.

Yet- without the Supreme Court- there is no one to say that Jim Crows were unconstitutional or not. Each state can impose any Jim Crow laws as it pleases.

The Supreme Court gets some things wrong- but the alternative is unlimited State power.

So how do we start?

That being said its usually something nobody sees coming that turns into the straw that breaks the camels back.

A liberal court overturning heller, and NY State banning all sorts of guns might be something along those lines. NYC doesn't care, but Upstate sure as hell does.

Well, you may be right, but I'd prefer not to wait until it gets that far. Even if we are small in number, it's time to start. I wouldn't be surprised if the tipping point comes this year. Like if the GOP caves on Obama's SCOTUS appointment. I'd say the odds are very high that they will.

Again, anything without the support of at least 10-20% of the population isn't a revolution, it's a riot. Something really really bad would have to happen to reach that point.

Tell us how what you are doing here is any different than you doing nothing?

Yet- without the Supreme Court- there is no one to say that Jim Crows were unconstitutional or not. Each state can impose any Jim Crow laws as it pleases.

The Supreme Court gets some things wrong- but the alternative is unlimited State power.

and "states' rights" generally equals discrimination and theocratic laws.

So how do we start?
You elect CONSTITUTIONAL sheriffs and representatives at the local level. That's the long and short of it.

You carry a camera with you everywhere in order to record all interactions with officials and HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE at every level. Know the constitution and call them out when they behave unconstitutionally.

You protest and you share information via DIVERSE means. The mainstream media is the enemy, they are actively lying, I've caught them again, and again, and again.

Post the truth on mainstream media newstreams, post it often. Object when they lie and share the evidence. Pound the CONSTITUTION and educate about the structure of our government.

We aren't where we need to fight yet. Educate yourself about the strategy of successful, peaceful protests, and PARTICIPATE.

You'd be amazed at how many people are engaged. You don't hear about it because corrupt government officials and the corrupt media shut down the message inasfar as they're able. But we can get around it..but it's come to the point where we're going less tech and more face to face. And everybody needs to be recording the examples of tyranny, local as well as national, and getting those recordings out there.

What you are talking about is a little bit down the road. Im also talking locally though. Im not thinking about starting a national movement quite yet. Im thinking locally. Would I like it if it took off? Sure would. Anything else would be futile.

The SC gets things wrong when it makes crap up out if thin air, that don't even have a passing reference in the document itself.

No mention of abortion, no mention of marriage contracts, no mention of public employee unions, but mentions towards freedom of religious exercise, gun ownership, and free speech. Yet progressives want the former to be considered sacrosanct constitutional gospel, and the latter things to be ignored when it suits them.

and "states' rights" generally equals discrimination and theocratic laws.

States rights can only exist within the framework of the constitution, which is why NYC's gun laws should be declared unconstitutional as infringement of my rights as a US citizen.

So how do we start?

Yeah- nothing would lead to revolution more than your outrage that the President of the United States follows his Constitutional requirement to nominate and appoint a Supreme Court Justice- and the Senate did their Constitutional duties to advise and consent.

Because of your love of the Constitution......

So how do we start?

You don't understand how this is better? Are you sincere or just trolling? I can't remember if you are a lefty or not.

So how do we start?
Looks like you've seen the writing on the wall, and scared shitless.

The SC gets things wrong when it makes crap up out if thin air, that don't even have a passing reference in the document itself..

Exactly how did the Supreme Court make stuff out of thin air regarding Jim Crow laws?

So how do we start?

Yeah- nothing would lead to revolution more than your outrage that the President of the United States follows his Constitutional requirement to nominate and appoint a Supreme Court Justice- and the Senate did their Constitutional duties to advise and consent.

Because of your love of the Constitution......

Ah, a lefty.

Dismissed.

So how do we start?

Sounds like your community needs to be organized. What do you call that? Someone who can organize a community?

LMAO....A Community Organizer!

You don't understand how this is better? Are you sincere or just trolling? I can't remember if you are a lefty or not.

You are anonymously calling for someone else to lead a revolution against some vague outrage you have, with no clear purpose or goal.

What you are accomplishing is virtually no different than if you never started the thread.

Forum List

Back