It’s Time to Juxtapose Our Climate Experts at The NY Times

And yet ... there are those who believe they can not only accurately predict climate to withing a few 1/10th of a degree over the next century and feel so firm in that belief that they are willing to use extreme violence to get other people to believe it as well.
Come on. They predict your weather accurately a day away!

And yet ... there are those who believe they can not only accurately predict climate to withing a few 1/10th of a degree over the next century and feel so firm in that belief that they are willing to use extreme violence to get other people to believe it as well.
Yes! And if it were only a matter of phony scientific arrogance it wouldn’t be so alarming. However when the major countries around the world use this, at best incomplete science to dictate regressive energy policy, That’s when it becomes so dangerous.

Eventually enough people will loose faith in this “science” and will start to reject these policies. Who knows how long that will take, or how much damage will be done in the meantime.

Eventually enough people will loose faith in this “science” and will start to reject these policies.

I believe that even IF people were convinced in the "science" ... they might be willing to force others to change their lifestyle ... but they would never change their own.

Religious fanaticism has always been about getting OTHERS to live like you want them to.

tarts_1852472c.jpg

I believe that even IF people were convinced in the "science" ... they might be willing to force others to change their lifestyle ... but they would never change their own.

Religious fanaticism has always been about getting OTHERS to live like you want them to.

View attachment 892425
You are only saying that because nearly all of Hollywooders are alarmist, yet they lead a lifestyle that add more CO2 than a small country. Hypocrites like Leo DiCaprio-
Leonardo DiCaprio is a great actor. I remember being so happy for him when he won his Oscar for the Revenant; and at the same time, I felt a little sad about all those “give Leo an Oscar already” memes going away. Besides being a great actor, he is also a great advocate for environmental issues; and with his star power, he has the advantage of reaching to a wider audience on the subject, which is just fantastic. However, his celebrity lifestyle and environmental advocacy do not always go hand in hand. The Daily Mail reported that “It can be estimated that DiCaprio has potentially emitted up to 418.4 tons of CO2 last year because of his globe-trotting. The average American emits 19 tons a year”. These numbers are a clear example that he is not practicing what he preaches, or at least not as much as he should be.

Forum List

Back