It's the settlements stupid

my2¢

So it goes
May 14, 2010
Arizona's Maricopa County
Netanyahu continues to act like he's our daddy. Not everybody is buying it, here below is a segment of an alternative view from Israel.

It's the Settlements, Stupid: Security Council Failure Is Entirely Netanyahu's

A solid majority of the countries that voted for the UN Security Council resolution are not anti-Israeli or anti-Semitic. The message of their vote was simple: It’s the settlements, stupid.

The Security Council resolution reveals once again how clear and sharp international consensus is against the settlements. It’s not just Obama. The right-wing government of Britain under Prime Minister Theresa May and Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson voted for it. So did the right-wing governments of Spain and Russia, under Netanyahu’s good friend President Vladimir Putin, and China, which Bennett and other ministers say doesn’t care about the Palestinians but only about Israeli high-tech, and New Zealand, the head of whose right-wing government, Bill English, attacked his country’s foreign minister in 2003 for embracing Yasser Arafat.

The prime minister is certainly taking comfort in the fact that he managed to bring around to his side the person who in another month will be president of the U.S. It is not certain this is something for him to be proud of. Netanyahu took Donald Trump for a ride and caused him his first diplomatic failure. Other than the president of Egypt, no other leader of a country on the Security Council took Trump into consideration.

read more: It's the settlements, stupid: Security Council failure is entirely Netanyahu's

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Yep, the fascist liberal Spanish, Chinese and Russians. If you lost your knee jerk you'd lose everything.

leftards are something else

they demand that people from other countries come to the states illegally and live

while demanding that Israel citizens not live in certain areas of their own country

Last edited:
In the end, Egypt defied Israeli pressure and voted for Resolution 2334.

I do believe I have never seen the Israelis get so hot under the collar about international criticism as they are now. With the vote to abstain by the United States, Israel's only constant ally in the world, the Israelis are out in the cold, not unlike the apartheid South Africans before they fell.

In the end, Egypt defied Israeli pressure and voted for Resolution 2334.

I do believe I have never seen the Israelis get so hot under the collar about international criticism as they are now. With the vote to abstain by the United States, Israel's only constant ally in the world, the Israelis are out in the cold, not unlike the apartheid South Africans before they fell.
You mean Obamas resolution?

I do believe I have never seen the Israelis get so hot under the collar about international criticism as they are now.
I think because it's the first time any criticism about their illegal settlements has been formally passed.

Forum List

Back