It's robot fighting time!!

Hey I have an idea! Let's spend between $5,000 - $50,000 on a destructive robot, pit it against other destructive robots, and see how long they last.

Never mind. I'll go be poor somewhere else. :laughing0301:

Hey I have an idea! Let's spend between $5,000 - $50,000 on a destructive robot, pit it against other destructive robots, and see how long they last.

Never mind. I'll go be poor somewhere else. :laughing0301:
That is indeed what it is. According to "Celebrity Buzz" participants spend, on average, $30,000 a season maintaining/rebuilding the bots. And they are paid pretty horribly.
Contestants are paid $500 each appearance, $1000 if they win.
Only the championship winners make money with $3000, $5000 and $10,000 as they progress up the tournament.
So yeah, almost all of them lose money.

Great show, as a retired engineer I'm fascinated by the different designs and strategies each team brings to the battle. The weapons are getting so powerful bots are sent flying 20 feet into the air!

Favorites?
Witch Doctor prolly my favorite, second to that is Hydra... when Hydra is dialed in and working it is pretty much unbeatable.
Minotaur... for no other reason than watching Daniel Fratas... the most intense driver out there!
Ones you love to hate...
Duck. So glad it is not in it this year. Boooring.
Malice. Never has it together, and I don't like the woman, I don't know why.
Kraken. Along the lined of Duck. It is just a practice dummy for other robots to beat up. Although this year added an offensive weapon.

witch doc is good but doesnt win much...hydra is a kick ass flipper....the drivers make a big difference...

i like duck..and rust...the chick from malice gets on my nerves too...i like when witch people do vibe hands

witch doc is good but doesnt win much...hydra is a kick ass flipper....the drivers make a big difference...

i like duck..and rust...the chick from malice gets on my nerves too...i like when witch people do vibe hands
Everyone likes rust... I laughed out loud in one match where it actually made a good hit - you could tell the guy was genuinely surprised.
Witch Doctor I like, because the duo always seem to take everything in stride. Wins and losses. A couple of genuine people. And let's be honest, she is about 20 levels above him in the looks department, yet she is still with him even though she is ageing quite well and he is ageing quite bad.
I like that.

Forum List

Back