It's Official - Some Liberals Have Gone 'Racist' Insane: Pokemon Go is a 'DEATH Sentence' for Blacks

Have any of you downloaded the game? It's free. I think my stepson was playing it last week while he was over for a few days. Constantly had his phone out. Never thought about why until the last couple days. I heard Nintendo has made millions within days which is pretty crazy for a free to play game model.
I wondered how that could be - making millions on a free game - then I remembered my daughter told me there was merchandise, in-game accessories, etc....
My father works at Amazon, and he says Pokemon sales in general are through the roof.

I just don't understand why this is more popular than the actual RPG series that started the entire franchise.
IMO it's the newer technology...using your GPS you can actually 'track them down' in actual locations and with your phone you can actually 'SEE' them in an actual, real location.
And then you do jack squat with them....
I've heard you use them in battles against other players online so I think the game encapsulates the old & new
Yeah, but it is literally just a competition to see who can tap their phone screen faster than the other person.

In the actual games(even in the original games) there is much more strategy.

Have any of you downloaded the game? It's free. I think my stepson was playing it last week while he was over for a few days. Constantly had his phone out. Never thought about why until the last couple days. I heard Nintendo has made millions within days which is pretty crazy for a free to play game model.

I am playing and it is super fun. Here is one I caught while watching Wimbledon:

View attachment 81506

lol
I am a gamer and I have no idea what a Pokémon even is lol
Pokemon started in the mid 90s....

You are too old to be a fan or have kids that were fans.
I probably know more about gaming that most of this board combined. My first console was the Odyssey and I've owned every one of them since. Pokémon just wasn't my thing. Not a big fan of Japanese games in general and I can't stand anime

I am playing and it is super fun. Here is one I caught while watching Wimbledon:

View attachment 81506

lol

I probably know more about gaming that most of this board combined. My first console was the Odyssey and I've owned every one of them since. Pokémon just wasn't my thing. Not a big fan of Japanese games in general and I can't stand anime
Funny how you are not a fan of Japanese games but you don't know anything about them.

I don't like Shooters, Western RPGs or MMOs and I know pretty much everything a fan of those genres knows about them because I know what aspects I don't like.

This is a picture of all the board games my friend and I brought the last time we rented a beach house:

image.jpeg

We are serious about games. :lol:

View attachment 81506

lol

Funny how you are not a fan of Japanese games but you don't know anything about them.

I don't like Shooters, Western RPGs or MMOs and I know pretty much everything a fan of those genres knows about them because I know what aspects I don't like.
I know plenty about them. Just not Pokémon. My current favorite game is Dark Souls 3 and yes, it is a Japanese game. But it is westernized. The problem I have with Japanese games boils down to the way they sexualize children in their games. Especially females. As a youth I didn't care. As the father of two girls I became aware of how inappropriate it was.

View attachment 81506

lol
How many CPs does your Drowzee have dude?

246ish. I can't exactly recall because I evolved him into a Hypno. His CP is 722. My house is lousy with Drowzees and Zubats. lol

(I don't want to break the 'spell' by saying anything, but it's kind of cool how such a NON-political / controversial topic can bring so many with differing opinions together to have a friendly, light-hearted, lively discussion. Sssshhhh... :p)

View attachment 81506

lol
I was watching the Conan monologue last night - he was making jokes about it all, and suddenly at one point, after mentioning Pikachu, he stopped, looked into the camera, and said, "This means nothing to me...I don't know what that is'. That was the funniest thing about his entire monologue. :p I understand, though. If I didn't have 3 kids I would be lost.

Unfortunately I know the words to Barney's theme song, know who the Power Rangers are, know what a 'My Little pony' is, and much, much more all thanks to my kids. :)
How old are you?

All of those things started when I was a toddler.

View attachment 81506

lol

246ish. I can't exactly recall because I evolved him into a Hypno. His CP is 722. My house is lousy with Drowzees and Zubats. lol
I have no idea what a good CP number is after the 1st gym, but I assume 722 is not even close to max, right?

I wondered how that could be - making millions on a free game - then I remembered my daughter told me there was merchandise, in-game accessories, etc....
My father works at Amazon, and he says Pokemon sales in general are through the roof.

I just don't understand why this is more popular than the actual RPG series that started the entire franchise.
IMO it's the newer technology...using your GPS you can actually 'track them down' in actual locations and with your phone you can actually 'SEE' them in an actual, real location.
Oh no....you can use some to 'power up' the others, you can trade them, etc... (Again, thanks, kids! :p)
There is no point in doing any of that stuff....

View attachment 81506

lol

I have no idea what a good CP number is after the 1st gym, but I assume 722 is not even close to max, right?

I haven't done much fighting either and that is nowhere near the max. I've seen some pretty high numbers floating around the neighborhood gyms. I am lucky that the stop is close I can get the items from the stops from my couch. lol

(I don't want to break the 'spell' by saying anything, but it's kind of cool how such a NON-political / controversial topic can bring so many with differing opinions together to have a friendly, light-hearted, lively discussion. Sssshhhh... :p)

I am always friendly, lighthearted, and, lively. :lol:

Oh no....you can use some to 'power up' the others, you can trade them, etc... (Again, thanks, kids! :p)
It's just different. Not your thing. Doesn't mean others can't enjoy it.

Have you tried Darkest Dungeon?

View attachment 81506

lol

I know plenty about them. Just not Pokémon. My current favorite game is Dark Souls 3 and yes, it is a Japanese game. But it is westernized. The problem I have with Japanese games boils down to the way they sexualize children in their games. Especially females. As a youth I didn't care. As the father of two girls I became aware of how inappropriate it was.
They sexualize cartoon children occasionally, but JRPGs are all about the grinding, the story and the exploration anyway.

BTW, JRPGs also tend to make many younger female characters much more mature and refined as well.

It is not different, it really is pointless.

You build up CP and pound away(literally)with your favorite Pokemon. There are no deep advantages to having one pocket monster over the other(unlike the actual games where there are literally established tiers for all the Pokemon in both the single player campaign and competitive play).

It is not different, it really is pointless.

You build up CP and pound away(literally)with your favorite Pokemon. There are no deep advantages to having one pocket monster over the other(unlike the actual games where there are literally established tiers for all the Pokemon in both the single player campaign and competitive play).
It's a free mobile game bruh. Wtf lol

I'll ask again. Have you tried Darkest Dungeon? It has plenty of depth. Some recruited party members won't go out with other members because of religious beliefs. Your party can develop positive or negative quirks or illnesses. When you return to town you can treat their illnesses or quirks. The narration on the game is superb too.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
I'll ask again. Have you tried Darkest Dungeon? It has plenty of depth. Some recruited party members won't go out with other members because of religious beliefs. Your party can develop positive or negative quirks or illnesses. When you return to town you can treat their illnesses or quirks. The narration on the game is superb too.

Sounds fun! I'll give it whirl.

Forum List

Back