It's Official: Life begins at conception

If that's what the body does, then so be it.

That is completely different from willfully aborting.

With the abortion issue, people simply look at it as murder. A conceived egg that naturally aborts before reaching the uterus is not murder.

I've never understood it, but leftists just have the damnedest time seeing the difference between "people die on their own" and "it's okay to kill them".

A miscarriage is a person?

A miscarriage is the unfortunate loss of life.

Apparently the pro-abortion crowd can't win the argument about when life begins, now they want to make the issue about a when does a life get a soul.

The question isn't when does a body get a soul, but when does the soul get a body?

When your body dies, does your soul die also?

And the funny thing is, these are the same people who've been screeching for the longest time about "Science!!! Keep your superstitions and religion out of it!!! Science!!!" The more obvious is becomes that the science doesn't agree with them and never did, the more they want to make it about mysticism.

I'm looking for really hot gals..say mid 20's..to test out this theory with me.
It will be a sacrifice...but someone has to do it.

That's a huge ask, the kind of sacrifice those gals would be making.

Gals shouldn't get pregnant if they don't want to get pregnant. You do understand how that shit works right? Or shall I explain the birds and the bees to your dumbass?

Actually, I think the sacrifice she had in mind in that case was having to have sex with iamwhatiseem. ;)

Apparently the pro-abortion crowd can't win the argument about when life begins, now they want to make the issue about a when does a life get a soul.

The question isn't when does a body get a soul, but when does the soul get a body?

And the funny thing is, these are the same people who've been screeching for the longest time about "Science!!! Keep your superstitions and religion out of it!!! Science!!!" The more obvious is becomes that the science doesn't agree with them and never did, the more they want to make it about mysticism.

No matter what argument they make, they'll lose. So the only real choice they have is denial. What gets me about some if not most of the pro-abortion whackos, is how adamantly they defend the taking of an innocent life while opposing capitol punishment.

so a stupid law, that wasted tax's payers money, just to be overturned by the supreme court...

Does a soul exist? Can you prove it?

No matter what argument they make, they'll lose. So the only real choice they have is denial. What gets me about some if not most of the pro-abortion whackos, is how adamantly they defend the taking of an innocent life while opposing capitol punishment.
I oppose capital punishment and abortion on moral grounds for the same reasons.

So you can't win the debate on when life begins so now you're asking about a soul.

I believe a soul does exist and I do believe it has been proven by the millions of near death experiences that have been recorded. Now from a religious point of view one can look to the many refenences in the Bible about the soul or spirit of man, i.e. Matthew 10: 28 "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell".

Likewise it's interesting to see certain pro-lifers screech about how "it's alive and it's human, Science! Biology!" then when it comes to the death penalty "screw life and the blindly obvious fact that these are human beings kill them for the victims."

Last edited:

So you can't win the debate on when life begins so now you're asking about a soul.

I believe a soul does exist and I do believe it has been proven by the millions of near death experiences that have been recorded.

Yeah clearly we can trust the recollections of people whose brains were tripping out from lack of oxygen.

And millions? That's a stretch.

If a fetus is considered to have all the legal protections of a human being, then consider the following scenario:
A woman takes a medication that can cause the death or serious birth defects in an unborn child.But she does this out of negligence, and not to terminate the fetus' life. Should she be charged with negligent homicide (if the fetus dies) or with some lesser crime if the child is born impaired because she took some medication to treat her own medical condition?
And then of course there is "Fetal Alcohol Syndrome"
"Drinking during pregnancy can result in a child being born with a range of disorders known as fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD), the most severe of which is fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS)."
What charges should be brought against an alcoholic mother for the resultant birth defects in her child caused by her excessive drinking?

I believe fetal alcohol syndrome is already grounds for taking custody of the child.

More to the point, why is it always all or nothing with people? Why does there always have to be this entire RAFT of shit added onto the desire to JUST NOT KILL BABIES?

Because you can't claim that a fetus is on par with a person and ignore the implications of that.

so a stupid law, that wasted tax's payers money, just to be overturned by the supreme court...

Not a chance...but I'd pay good money to see someone try to argue against it.

I don't see how this violates anything either, could someone please explain it to me.

I didn't see any mention of a god or religion in their pamphlets.

Although in all honesty most patients probably aren't going to read it anyway.

Last edited:
If a fetus is considered to have all the legal protections of a human being, then consider the following scenario:
A woman takes a medication that can cause the death or serious birth defects in an unborn child.But she does this out of negligence, and not to terminate the fetus' life. Should she be charged with negligent homicide (if the fetus dies) or with some lesser crime if the child is born impaired because she took some medication to treat her own medical condition?
And then of course there is "Fetal Alcohol Syndrome"
"Drinking during pregnancy can result in a child being born with a range of disorders known as fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD), the most severe of which is fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS)."
What charges should be brought against an alcoholic mother for the resultant birth defects in her child caused by her excessive drinking?

I believe fetal alcohol syndrome is already grounds for taking custody of the child.

More to the point, why is it always all or nothing with people? Why does there always have to be this entire RAFT of shit added onto the desire to JUST NOT KILL BABIES?

Because you can't claim that a fetus is on par with a person and ignore the implications of that.

I would mention that this isn't an entirely an academic issue for me. I was born back in 1948 via a "Cesarean Section". Delivery was induced when the fetus (me) was at the six month gestation period (3 months premature). The reason was because of an " Rh Incompatibility" between my mother's blood and my own. It was recounted to me that there was some deliberation about how much effort should be put into saving the life of the fetus (me), and my father urged the doctor if possible to save my life. Other physicians (and parents) could simply have elected for an abortion, which would have caused the mother much less distress (and medical risk) than my mother was subjected to because of the "Cesarean Section" procedure.

I think one of the problems is terminology....an unborn child is in the "fetus" stage from about 10 weeks gestation, until birth, so for months and months of development, it is still called a fetus....while an embryo is a short time, and zygote, or blastocyst is a short time period etc....

a child to be, can be in the foetus stage when it is not sentient yet, when it's brain has not fully developed, when it's organs have not fully developed etc all the way to where all of the above things ARE developed, and just waiting for the fat lady to sing....birthing.

some see it purely....a baby to be, is a baby to be, is a baby to be, another human being.

others see the development of the baby to be as a cutoff for their acceptance of Termination of Pregnancy...up to the point of being sentient or some even up to the point of birthing and others up to the point of the brain being fully developed....etc etc etc...

But why should it be necessary for the brain to have completed the process of development or that he or she be sentient before this developing human is considered important? What makes one stage of human development more significant than any other?

At the end of the day, when that baby emerges from the womb and becomes a citizen of the USA or the world, he or or she is still as under developed and as incapable of survival on his/her own as s/he was in the womb. She will still need months and years of almost 100% assistance from others in order to survive.

Why should it be okay to kill him because he can't breathe on his own yet but it's not okay if he can't feed himself yet? Food is as critical as oxygen for survival. The process of development before and after birth is all necessary before a human being reaches his or her full potential.

While I am not of the 'all abortion for any reason should be illegal' school, these are truly ethical questions that are important to the pro life group. And they deserve to be part of the debate.

When sperm is deposited in the vagina, it travels through the cervix and into the Fallopian tubes.

ZYGOTE

A single sperm penetrates the mother's egg cell, and the resulting cell is called a zygote. The zygote contains all of the genetic information (DNA) necessary to become a child. Half of the genetic information comes from the mother’s egg and half from the father’s sperm. The zygote spends the next few days traveling down the Fallopian tube and divides to form a ball of cells.

BLASTOCYST

The zygote continues to divide, creating an inner group of cells with an outer shell. This stage is called a blastocyst. The inner group of cells will become the embryo, while the outer group of cells will become the membranes that nourish and protect it.

The blastocyst reaches the womb (uterus) around day 5, and implants into the uterine wall on about day 6. At this point in the mother's menstrual cycle, the lining of the uterus has grown and is ready to support a baby. The blastocyst sticks tightly to the lining, where it receives nourishment via the mother's bloodstream.

EMBRYO

The cells of the embryo now multiply and begin to take on specific functions. This process is called differentiation. It leads to the various cell types that make up a human being (such as blood cells, kidney cells, and nerve cells).

There is rapid growth, and the baby's main external features begin to take form. It is during this critical period (most of the first trimester) that the growing baby is most susceptible to damage. The following can interfere with the baby's development:

Alcohol, certain prescription and recreational drugs, and other substances that cause birth defects
Infection (such as rubella or cytomegalovirus)
Nutritional deficiencies
X-rays or radiation therapy

WEEK BY WEEK CHANGES

The period of time between conception and birth during which the fetus grows and develops inside the mother's womb is called gestation. In humans, the length of pregnancy, or gestational age, is the time measured from the first day of the woman's last menstrual cycle to the current date. It is measured in weeks.

The time interval of a gestation plus 2 weeks is called the gestation period, and the length of time plus 2 weeks that the baby has spent developing in the womb is called the gestational age. For more information on gestation, see: Gestational ageGestational age

The following list describes specific changes that occur in the womb:

Week 3 of gestation (embryo development); week 5 of pregnancy
The brain, spinal cord, and heart begin to develop.
The gastrointestinal tract begins to develop.

Weeks 4 to 5 of gestation; week 6 - 7 of pregnancy
Arm and leg buds become visible.
The brain develops into five areas and some cranial nerves are visible.
The eyes and ear structures begin to form.
Tissue forms that develops into the vertebra and some other bones.
The heart continues to develop and now beats at a regular rhythm.
Rudimentary blood moves through the main vessels.

Week 6 of gestation; week 8 of pregnancy
The arms and legs have grown longer, and foot and hand areas can be distinguished.
The hands and feet have fingers and toes (digits), but may still be webbed.
The brain continues to form.
The lungs begin to form.

Week 7 of gestation; week 9 of pregnancy
Nipples and hair follicles form.
Elbows and toes are visible.
All essential organs have begun to form.

Week 8 of gestation; week 10 of pregnancy
The eyelids are more developed.
External features of the ear begin to take their final shape.
Facial features continue to develop.
The intestines rotate.
The end of the eighth week marks the end of the "embryonic period" and the beginning of the "fetal period."

Weeks 9 to 12 of gestation; weeks 11 to 14 of pregnancy
Eyelids close and will not reopen until about the 28th week.
The face is well formed.
Limbs are long and thin.
Genitals appear well differentiated.
Red blood cells are produced in the liver.
The head makes up nearly half of the baby's size.
The baby can make a fist with its fingers.
Tooth buds appear for the baby teeth.

Weeks 13 to 16 of gestation; weeks 15 to 18 of pregnancy
The skin is almost transparent.
Fine hair called lanugo develops on the head.
MeconiumMeconium is made in the intestinal tract.
More muscle tissue and bones have developed, and the bones become harder.
The baby begins to make active movements.
The liver and pancreas produce fluid secretions.
Sucking motions are made with the mouth.

Weeks 17 to 19 of gestation; weeks 19 to 21 of pregnancy
The baby can hear.
The baby makes more movements.
The mother may feel a fluttering in the lower abdomen.

Week 20 of gestation; week 22 of pregnancy
Lanugo hair covers entire body.
Eyebrows and lashes appear.
Nails appear on the fingers and toes.
The baby is more active with increased muscle development.
The mother can feel the baby moving.
The fetal heartbeat can be heard with a stethoscope.

Weeks 21 to 23 of gestation; weeks 23 to 25 of pregnancy
Bone marrow begins to make blood cells.
The lower airways of the baby's lungs develop but still do not produce surfactant (a substance that allows the alveoli to open for gas exchange).
The baby begins to store fat.

Week 24 of gestation; week 26 of pregnancy
Eyebrows and eyelashes are well formed.
All eye parts are developed.
The baby has a hand and startle reflex.
Footprints and fingerprints are forming.
Air sacs form in lungs.

Weeks 25 to 28 of gestation; weeks 27 to 30 of pregnancy
Rapid brain development occurs.
The nervous system is developed enough to control some body functions.
The eyelids open and close.
The respiratory system, while immature, has developed to the point where gas exchange is possible.

Weeks 29 to 32 of gestation; weeks 31 to 34 of pregnancy
A rapid increase in the amount of body fat occurs.
Rhythmic breathing movements occur, but the lungs are not fully mature.
The bones are fully developed, but still soft and pliable.
The baby's body begins storing iron, calcium, and phosphorus.

Week 36 of gestation; week 38 of pregnancy
Lanugo begins to disappear.
Body fat increases.
Fingernails reach the end of the fingertips.

Weeks 37 to 40 of gestation; weeks 39 to 42 of pregnancy
Lanugo is gone except for on the upper arms and shoulders.
Fingernails extend beyond fingertips.
Small breast buds are present on both sexes.
Head hair is now coarse and thicker.
Fetal development: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Forum List

Back